Affiliation: CHRU de Lille
- Quality assurance of ethical issues and regulatory aspects relating to good clinical practices in the HELENA Cross-Sectional StudyL Beghin
EA 3925, Lille 2 Law and Health University Faculty of Medicine, Lille, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:S12-8. 2008....
- [Technical aspects and relevance of energy expenditure and physical activity assessment in clinical research for cystic fibrosis patients]L Beghin
Unité de Gastroentérologie, Hepatologie et nutrition, Centre de Ressources et de Compétences pour la Mucoviscidose, et EA 3925, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, CHRU de Lille, Universite de Lille II, France
Arch Pediatr 12:1139-44. 2005..Precise and ambulatory assessment of energy expenditure and physical activity permit to check and adapt dietary allowances in CF. These techniques could be simultaneously used and be helpful to assess efficacy of intervention studies...
- Changes in lung function in young cystic fibrosis patients between two courses of intravenous antibiotics against Pseudomonas aeruginosaLaurent Beghin
EA 3925, Université Lille 2 Droit et Santé and Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Cystic Fibrosis Center, Lille, France
Pediatr Pulmonol 44:464-71. 2009..The aim of this study was to monitor kinetics of degradation of pulmonary and nutritional status after IVAT in CF patients...
- Impact of intravenous antibiotic therapy on total daily energy expenditure and physical activity in cystic fibrosis children with Pseudomonas aeruginosa pulmonary exacerbationLaurent Beghin
Unité de Gastroentérologie, Hepatologie et nutrition, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, 2, Avenue Oscar Lambret, 59037 Lille, France
Pediatr Res 54:756-61. 2003..After IVAT, the reduction in REE is probably compensated by an increase in PA in CF patients...
- Dietary n-3 fatty acids have suppressive effects on mucin upregulation in mice infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosaDaniel Tetaert
INSERM, U837, JPARC Research Centre, IMPRT, Place de Verdun, Lille, France
Respir Res 8:39. 2007..This suggests that n-3 PUFAs may have a protective effect against mucus over-production in airway diseases. Therefore, we hypothesized that n-3 PUFAs may downregulate mucins expression...
- Nutritional and pubertal status influences accuracy of self-reported weight and height in adolescents: the HELENA StudyLaurent Beghin
U955 Inserm, IFR114, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Ann Nutr Metab 62:189-200. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess factors that have an effect on the accuracy of self-reported weight and height in adolescents...
- Physical Activity Is Associated with Attention Capacity in AdolescentsJeremy Vanhelst
University of Lille, INSERM, CHU Lille, LIRIC, UMR995, F 59000, Lille, France CHU Lille, INSERM, CIC PT 1403, F 59000, Lille, France Electronic address
J Pediatr 168:126-31.e2. 2016..To assess the relationships among physical activity, measured objectively, and attention capacity in European adolescents...
- A favorable built environment is associated with better physical fitness in European adolescentsJeremy Vanhelst
INSERM U995, University Lille Nord de France, Lille, France CIC PT 9301 INSERM CH and U, University Hospital, Lille, France Electronic address
Prev Med 57:844-9. 2013..To assess the association between the built environment and physical fitness and physical activity in adolescents...
- Impact of the choice of threshold on physical activity patterns in free living conditions among adolescents measured using a uniaxial accelerometer: the HELENA studyJeremy Vanhelst
a Inserm U995, IFR114, Faculty of Medicine, University Lille 2, Lille, France
J Sports Sci 32:110-5. 2014..The definition of the threshold for PA intensity may considerably affect the PA patterns in FLC when assessed using a uniaxial accelerometer and the number of participants fulfilling the recommendations...
- Total energy expenditure and physical activity in children treated with home parenteral nutritionLaurent Beghin
Unité de Gastroentérologie, Hepatologie et nutrition, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, 2, Avenue Oscar Lambret, F 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Pediatr Res 53:684-90. 2003..05 Spearman test). These results suggest that the energy requirements of children on long-term home parenteral nutrition programs do not differ from controls and that cyclic parenteral nutrition does not interfere with physical activity...
- Validation of the Vivago Wrist-Worn accelerometer in the assessment of physical activityJeremy Vanhelst
centre d investigation clinique, CIC PT 9301 Inserm CH and U, 59037, Lille, France
BMC Public Health 12:690. 2012..The aim of this study was to validate the Vivago® Wrist-Worn Accelerometer at various intensities of physical activity (PA) in adults...
- Physical activity using wrist-worn accelerometers: comparison of dominant and non-dominant wristOlivier Dieu
UER3S, Universite de Lille 2, Lille, France
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging . 2016..Findings suggest that the choice to wear the accelerometer on the non-dominant or dominant wrist has no impact on results. Data from this study contribute to the knowledge of how to best assess physical activity habits...
- Mechanical ventilatory constraints during incremental exercise in healthy and cystic fibrosis childrenBenoit Borel
Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France UDSL, EA 4488, Faculte des Sciences du Sport et de l Education Physique, Ronchin, France
Pediatr Pulmonol 49:221-9. 2014..To analyze breathing pattern and mechanical ventilatory constraints during incremental exercise in healthy and cystic fibrosis (CF) children...
- The six-minute walk test in obese youth: reproducibility, validity, and prediction equation to assess aerobic powerJeremy Vanhelst
CIC PT 9301 Inserm CH and U of Lille, CHRU of Lille, Lille, France
Disabil Rehabil 35:479-82. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess reproducibility and validity of the 6 minute walk test (6MWT) in obese youth and to develop an equation to predict aerobic power (VO(2max))...
- Influence of esophageal pH recording on physical activity in childrenLaurent Michaud
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Lille University Children s Hospital and EA 3925, IFR 114, Lille University 2, Lille, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 48:426-30. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the influence of ambulatory esophageal pH recording on physical activity in children...
- New validated thresholds for various intensities of physical activity in adolescents using the Actigraph accelerometerJeremy Vanhelst
INSERM U995, Faculte de Medecine, Universite, Lille 2 Droit et Santé et IMPRT, Lille, France
Int J Rehabil Res 34:175-7. 2011..This study establishes new threshold values for various physical activities that can be used for population-based studies in adolescents...
- Resting energy expenditure in children with neonatal chronic lung disease and obstruction of the airwaysLucile Bott
EA 3925, IFR 114, Universite de Lille 2, Clinique de Pediatrie, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, Lille, France
Br J Nutr 98:796-801. 2007..This supports the hypothesis that body composition and pulmonary function in BPD in later childhood are fixed sequelae originating from the neonatal period...
- Strategies in intervention programmes for obese youth: implication of the age and the type of physical activitiesJeremy Vanhelst
centre d investigation clinique, CIC 9301 Inserm CH and U, Lille, France Unité Inserm U995 and Université Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 35:17-20. 2015..The findings suggest that the intervention programme was of greater benefit for children than adolescents. ..
- Comparison of two ActiGraph accelerometer generations in the assessment of physical activity in free living conditionsJeremy Vanhelst
centre d investigation clinique, CIC PT 9301 Inserm CH and U, Lille, France
BMC Res Notes 5:187. 2012..The aim of this study was to compare physical activity measured using GT1M ActiGraph and GT3X ActiGraph accelerometers in free living conditions...
- Genetic and molecular insights into the role of PROX1 in glucose metabolismSophie Lecompte
INSERM U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille, France
Diabetes 62:1738-45. 2013..All together, we propose that reduced expression of PROX1 by cis-regulatory variants results in altered β-cell insulin secretion and thereby confers susceptibility to type 2 diabetes...
- Comparison of uniaxial and triaxial accelerometry in the assessment of physical activity among adolescents under free-living conditions: the HELENA studyJeremy Vanhelst
INSERM U995, IFR114, Faculty of Medicine, University Lille 2, Lille, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:26. 2012..The aim of this study was to compare physical activity (PA) levels and patterns obtained simultaneously by triaxial accelerometry and uniaxial accelerometry in adolescents in free-living conditions...
- Main characteristics and participation rate of European adolescents included in the HELENA studyLaurent Beghin
INSERM U955, IFR 114 IMPRT, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Lille Nord de France, F 59037, Lille, France
Arch Public Health 70:14. 2012..The objective of this paper is to describe the study population and to evaluate participation and response rate as well as the key nutritional status variables in male and female adolescents involved in the HELENA study...
- Associations between common genetic polymorphisms in the liver X receptor alpha and its target genes with the serum HDL-cholesterol concentration in adolescents of the HELENA StudyVanessa Legry
INSERM, U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille, France
Atherosclerosis 216:166-9. 2011..Genetic variability in the NR1H3 gene (encoding LXRα) and in several of its target genes is associated with serum HDL-cholesterol (HDL-C) concentrations. We sought to assess if these associations could be detected in adolescents...
- A conative educational model for an intervention program in obese youthJeremy Vanhelst
centre d investigation clinique, CIC PT 9301 Inserm CH and U, Lille, France
BMC Public Health 12:416. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess changes in body mass index, the ability to perform sport activities, behavior in the classroom and academic performance following one year of a health-wellness intervention program in obese youth...
- Comparison of mechanical ventilatory constraints between continuous and intermittent exercises in healthy prepubescent childrenBenoit Borel
Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Pediatr Pulmonol 46:785-94. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the occurrence and severity of mechanical ventilatory constraints in healthy prepubescent children during continuous and intermittent exercise...
- Reliability of health-related physical fitness tests in adolescents: the MOVE ProgramJeremy Vanhelst
INSERM U995, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 36:106-11. 2016....
- Technical variability of the Vivago® wrist-worn accelerometerJeremy Vanhelst
a Inserm U995, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
J Sports Sci 32:1768-74. 2014..7% and 4.3% for vigorous PA, respectively. Results suggest that reliability was higher at high intensities, corresponding to moderate and vigorous PA, intensities generally recommended for public health purposes...
- How many days of accelerometer monitoring predict weekly physical activity behaviour in obese youth?Jeremy Vanhelst
CIC 9301 CHRU INSERM, University Hospital, Lille, France INSERM U995, IFR114, Faculty of Medicine, University Lille 2, Lille, France
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 34:384-8. 2014..Our results also showed the importance of taking into consideration school day versus free day and weekday versus weekend day in assessing physical activity in obese youth...
- Add-on omalizumab in children with severe allergic asthma: a 1-year real life surveyAntoine Deschildre
pôle enfant, Clinique de Pédiatrie Jeanne de Flandre, CHRU de Lille, Université Nord de France, Lille
Eur Respir J 42:1224-33. 2013..Omalizumab improved asthma control in children with severe allergic asthma and was generally well tolerated. The observed benefit was greater than that reported in clinical trials...
- Effect of child health status on parents' allowing children to participate in pediatric researchJeremy Vanhelst
centre d investigation clinique, CIC PT 9301 Inserm CH and U, Lille, 59037, France
BMC Med Ethics 14:7. 2013..To identify motivational factors linked to child health status that affected the likelihood of parents' allowing their child to participate in pediatric research...
- Effect of multifibre mixture with prebiotic components on bifidobacteria and stool pH in tube-fed childrenDominique Guimber
Unité de Nutrition Artificielle à Domicile, CHU Lille, Lille, France
Br J Nutr 104:1514-22. 2010..In conclusion, addition of a multifibre mixture with prebiotic components to paediatric EN is well tolerated, promotes bifidobacteria and reduces stool pH, indicating an improved gut health...
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids improve host response in chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infection in miceMaud Pierre
Faculte de Medecine, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, Université de Lille and CHRU de Lille, France
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L1422-31. 2007..This work suggests that a better control of the omega-6/omega-3 PUFA balance may represent an interesting target in the prevention and/or control of P. aeruginosa infection in patients...
- Infrequent stools in exclusively breastfed infantsMarie Courdent
1 Mother and Child Welfare, General Council of the Nord Department, Lille, France
Breastfeed Med 9:442-5. 2014..Two studies aimed to assess the stool pattern in exclusively breastfed infants and to evaluate the reactions of mothers in the case of infrequent stools and the decisions of healthcare providers...
- Breast-feeding modulates the influence of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPARG2) Pro12Ala polymorphism on adiposity in adolescents: The Healthy Lifestyle in Europe by Nutrition in Adolescence (HELENA) cross-sectional studyCaroline Verier
INSERM, U995, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 114, Faculte de Medecine, Université Droit et Santé de Lille, Lille, France
Diabetes Care 33:190-6. 2010..The objectives of this study were to assess 1) the influence of the PPARG2 Pro12Ala polymorphism on adiposity markers in adolescents and 2) a possible modulating effect of breast-feeding on these associations...