- Effect of atorvastatin on apolipoprotein B100 containing lipoprotein metabolism in type-2 diabetesKhadija Ouguerram
Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, INSERM U539 Hôtel Dieu, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 306:332-7. 2003..05). We concluded that atorvastatin improved lipid abnormalities in type-2 diabetic patients not only by increasing the clearance of apoB100-containing lipoproteins but also by decreasing VLDL production...
- Long-term efficacy and tolerability of add-on pioglitazone therapy to failing monotherapy compared with addition of gliclazide or metformin in patients with type 2 diabetesB Charbonnel
Endocrinology Clinic, Hotel Dieu, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093, Nantes Cedex 1, France
Diabetologia 48:1093-104. 2005....
- Lixisenatide plus basal insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a meta-analysisBernard Charbonnel
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, Nantes, France Electronic address
J Diabetes Complications 28:880-6. 2014..The efficacy of the once-daily prandial GLP-1 receptor agonist lixisenatide plus basal insulin in T2DM was assessed by pooling results of phase III trials...
- Pharmacological management of type 2 diabetes: the potential of incretin-based therapiesB Charbonnel
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:99-117. 2011..This review will examine current approaches for treating type 2 diabetes and discuss the place of incretin therapies, mainly GLP-1 agonists, in the type 2 diabetes treatment spectrum...
- [Is the metabolic syndrome still a useful entity?]Bernard Charbonnel
Clinique d Endocrinologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, Hotel Dieu, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1
Rev Prat 60:478-84. 2010..The visceral obesity, and insulin resistance associated with it, are the probable causes of a syndrome that has been "oversold"...
- Pioglitazone use in combination with insulin in the prospective pioglitazone clinical trial in macrovascular events study (PROactive19)Bernard Charbonnel
Clinique d Endocrinologie, Maladies Metaboliques, et Nutrition, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2163-71. 2010....
- Glitazones in the treatment of diabetes mellitus: clinical outcomes in large scale clinical trialsBernard Charbonnel
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, University Hospital, Nantes, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 21:19-20. 2007..The other available data, published as meta-analyses, suggest that there is a difference in this regard between pioglitazone and rosiglitazone...
- [Metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular risk]Bernard Charbonnel
Clinique d Endocrinologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, 44093 Nantes
Rev Prat 55:1765-71. 2005..Metabolic syndrome could become a target for some specific therapeutic interventions...
- In vivo evidence for the role of lipoprotein lipase activity in the regulation of apolipoprotein AI metabolism: a kinetic study in control subjects and patients with type II diabetes mellitusR Frenais
Human Nutrition Research Center, INSERM, U 539, Hotel Dieu, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1962-7. 2001....
- Pioglitazone elicits long-term improvements in insulin sensitivity in patients with type 2 diabetes: comparisons with gliclazide-based regimensB Charbonnel
Endocrinology Clinic, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Nantes, France
Diabetologia 48:553-60. 2005....
- Clinical and metabolic characteristics of patients with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA): absence of rapid beta-cell loss in patients with tight metabolic controlL Chaillous
Clinique d Endocrinologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, Institut du Thorax, Hopital Laennec, Boulevard Jacques Monod, Nantes Cedex 1, France
Diabetes Metab 36:64-70. 2010..0+/-0.8% and 6.5+/-0.9%, respectively, at the time of entry into the study)...
- Which are the insulin treatment regimens used in France? The "Schema survey"B Charbonnel
Clinique d Endocrinologie, Hotel Dieu, 44093 Nantes Cedex, France
Diabetes Metab 27:591-7. 2001..To examine how insulin therapy is used in France under real life conditions for type 1 and insulin-treated type 2 patients...
- Effect of low-density lipoproteins on apolipoprotein AI kinetics in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemiaR Frenais
Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, Groupe Métabolisme, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Metabolism 50:635-9. 2001..1 +/- 5.7 v 18.0 +/- 5.7 mg/kg/d, P <.05) after LDL-apheresis. These human kinetic data suggest that LDL do not play a major role on HDL production in heterozygous FH patients...
- [Present and future of insulin therapy in type 2 diabetic patients]B Charbonnel
Service d endocrinologie, Hotel Dieu, 44093 Nantes
Diabetes Metab 27:S15-22. 2001..Glycaemic objectives (fasting blood glucose and HbA1c) should be regularly assessed and adapted taking into consideration diabetic control, clinical effects and safety assessments (weight gain, hypoglycaemic events...)...
- [New therapeutic approaches in diabetes]B Charbonnel
Clinique d Endocrinologie Hôtel Dieu 44093 NANTES 1
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 64:352-3. 2003
- What a psychiatrist needs to know about diabetesB Charbonnel
Clinique d Endocrinologie, Nantes Cedex, France
Eur Psychiatry 20:S330-4. 2005..The latter measure gives an indication of glycaemic control over a period of three months, and a reduction in glycosylated haemoglobin is the most appropriate treatment goal in the management of diabetes...
- The prospective pioglitazone clinical trial in macrovascular events (PROactive): can pioglitazone reduce cardiovascular events in diabetes? Study design and baseline characteristics of 5238 patientsBernard Charbonnel
Clinique d Endocrinologie, Nantes Cedex, France
Diabetes Care 27:1647-53. 2004....
- Abdominal obesity is associated with ineffective control of cardiovascular risk factors in primary care in FranceJ Dallongeville
Service d Epidémiologie et Santé Publique, INSERM U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1, rue du Professeur Calmette, 59019 Lille, France
Diabetes Metab 34:606-11. 2008..The goal of the present study was to evaluate the association of abdominal obesity with achievement of treatment targets for HbA(1c), LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL cholesterol and blood pressure in primary care...
- Efficacy and safety over 26 weeks of an oral treatment strategy including sitagliptin compared with an injectable treatment strategy with liraglutide in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled on metformin: a randomised clinical triB Charbonnel
University of Nantes, Nantes, France
Diabetologia 56:1503-11. 2013..The aim of this work was to compare treatment intensification strategies based on orally administered vs injectable incretin-based antihyperglycaemic agents in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus on metformin monotherapy...
- Fulminant type 1 diabetes in Caucasians: A report of three casesC Moreau
Clinique d Endocrinologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, Institut du Thorax, CHU de Nantes, 44000 Nantes, France
Diabetes Metab 34:529-32. 2008..Until now, this subtype of type 1 diabetes has only been reported in the Asian population, especially Japanese and Koreans...
- Insulin therapy for diabetes mellitus: treatment regimens and associated costsB Charbonnel
Service de Diabetologie, CHU de Nantes, Nantes Cedex 1, France
Diabetes Metab 38:156-63. 2012..To describe insulin therapy in patients with diabetes, to determine treatment costs and to compare costs among treatment regimens...
- Effect of dietary omega-3 fatty acids on high-density lipoprotein apolipoprotein AI kinetics in type II diabetes mellitusR Frenais
Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, Groupe Métabolisme, INSERM U539, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Atherosclerosis 157:131-5. 2001..05, and 12.1+/-2.8 vs. 16.1+/-3.3 mg/kg per day, P<0.05). These findings showed an effect of maxEPA(R) on kinetics of apolipoprotein AI in type II diabetes mellitus, probably linked to changes in plasma triglyceride level...
- Treatment of hypoglycemia using combined glucocorticoid and recombinant human growth hormone in a patient with a metastatic non-islet cell tumor hypoglycemiaNathalie Bourcigaux
Endocrinology and Metabolism Service, Center University Hospital, Nantes, France
Clin Ther 27:246-51. 2005..However, in inoperable patients with NICTH, treatment of hypoglycemia may require high doses of glucocorticoid (30-60 mg/d [0.5-1.0 mg/kg x d]) or recombinant human GH (rhGH) (2.6-12.0 mg/d [0.043-0.20 mg/kg x d])...
- Therapeutic impact of 18FDG-PET/CT in the management of iodine-negative recurrence of differentiated thyroid carcinomaEric MiralliÃ©
Clinique de Chirurgie Digestive et Endocrinienne, IMAD, Nantes, France
Surgery 142:952-8; discussion 952-8. 2007..The aim of this prospective study was to assess therapeutic impact of (18)FDG-PET imaging using a PET/computed tomography (CT) system in patients with iodine-negative recurrence of DTC...
- Type 2 diabetes management: putting theory into practice--introductionBernard Charbonnel
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Hotel Dieu, Endocrinology, Metabolic and Nutrition Diseases, Nantes, France
Metabolism 52:1-2. 2003
- PROactive 07: pioglitazone in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: results of the PROactive studyErland Erdmann
Department III of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:355-70. 2007..Here, we summarize the key results from the PROactive study and place them in context with other recent outcome trials in type 2 diabetes...
- The effect of pioglitazone on recurrent myocardial infarction in 2,445 patients with type 2 diabetes and previous myocardial infarction: results from the PROactive (PROactive 05) StudyErland Erdmann
Medizinische Klinik III der Universität zu Köln, Koln, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1772-80. 2007....
- Efficacy and safety of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin added to ongoing metformin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin aloneBernard Charbonnel
Center Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, France
Diabetes Care 29:2638-43. 2006....
- Secondary prevention of macrovascular events in patients with type 2 diabetes in the PROactive Study (PROspective pioglitAzone Clinical Trial In macroVascular Events): a randomised controlled trialJohn A Dormandy
Department of Clinical Vascular Research, Ingelby House, St Georges Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London SW17 0QT, UK
Lancet 366:1279-89. 2005..Our aim, therefore, was to ascertain whether pioglitazone reduces macrovascular morbidity and mortality in high-risk patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Pioglitazone use and heart failure in patients with type 2 diabetes and preexisting cardiovascular disease: data from the PROactive study (PROactive 08)Erland Erdmann
Medizinische Klinik III der Universität zu Köln Kerpener Str 62, D 50937 Koln, Germany
Diabetes Care 30:2773-8. 2007..We analyzed the heart failure cases to assess the effects of treatment on morbidity and mortality after reports of serious heart failure...
- Effect of candesartan on progression and regression of retinopathy in type 2 diabetes (DIRECT-Protect 2): a randomised placebo-controlled trialAnne Katrin Sjølie
Department of Ophthalmology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Lancet 372:1385-93. 2008..Diabetic retinopathy remains a leading cause of visual loss in people of working age. We examined whether candesartan treatment could slow the progression and, secondly, induce regression of retinopathy in people with type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of candesartan on prevention (DIRECT-Prevent 1) and progression (DIRECT-Protect 1) of retinopathy in type 1 diabetes: randomised, placebo-controlled trialsNish Chaturvedi
International Centre for Circulatory Health, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Lancet 372:1394-402. 2008..We therefore designed the DIabetic REtinopathy Candesartan Trials (DIRECT) Programme to assess whether candesartan could reduce the incidence and progression of retinopathy in type 1 diabetes...
- Effects of multiple daily injection therapy with Humalog mixtures versus separately injected insulin lispro and NPH insulin in adults with type I diabetes mellitusParis Roach
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, 545 Barnhill Drive, EH 421, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Clin Ther 26:502-10. 2004..When used in a similar fashion, premixed, fixed-ratio insulin preparations containing LP and NPL (an LP-based intermediate-acting insulin) may provide the basis for an optimized basal-bolus insulin regimen...
- Guidelines on diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases: executive summary. The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)Lars Ryden
Department of Cardiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden
Eur Heart J 28:88-136. 2007