Pierre Marie Roy
Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire
- Severe lactic acidosis induced by nucleoside analogues in an HIV-infected manP M Roy
Department of Emergency Medicine, University Hospital of Angers, France
Ann Emerg Med 34:282-4. 1999..He improved after hemodialysis and withdrawal of antiviral drugs. Muscle and liver evaluation allowed us to ascribe lactic acidosis to a mitochondriopathy induced by zidovudine and didanosine...
- A computerized handheld decision-support system to improve pulmonary embolism diagnosis: a randomized trialPierre Marie Roy
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d Angers and Université d Angers, Angers, France
Ann Intern Med 151:677-86. 2009..Testing for pulmonary embolism often differs from that recommended by evidence-based guidelines...
- Appropriateness of diagnostic management and outcomes of suspected pulmonary embolismPierre Marie Roy
Service d accueil et traitement des urgences, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Angers, France
Ann Intern Med 144:157-64. 2006..International guidelines include several strategies for diagnosing pulmonary embolism with confidence, but little is known about how these guidelines are implemented in routine practice...
- Percutaneous radiologic gastrostomy versus nasogastric tube in critically ill patientsPierre Marie Roy
Emergency Department, Angers University Hospital, 4 rue Larrey, Angers 49033, France
Clin Nutr 24:321-5. 2005..To examine the feasibility of percutaneous radiologic gastrostomy in critically ill patients and to assess the rates of complications, esophagitis and gastroesophageal reflux when compared with nasogastric tube...
- Multifaceted Intervention to Prevent Venous Thromboembolism in Patients Hospitalized for Acute Medical Illness: A Multicenter Cluster-Randomized TrialPierre Marie Roy
département de médecine d urgence, Centre Vasculaire et de la Coagulation, CHU Angers, Institut MITOVASC, EA3860, Universite d Angers, Angers, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0154832. 2016..Misuse of thromboprophylaxis may increase preventable complications for hospitalized medical patients...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of strategies for the diagnosis of suspected pulmonary embolismPierre Marie Roy
Emergency Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 49033 Angers Cedex 01, France
BMJ 331:259. 2005..To assess the likelihood ratios of diagnostic strategies for pulmonary embolism and to determine their clinical application according to pretest probability...
- Performance of the Pulmonary Embolism Rule-out Criteria (the PERC rule) combined with low clinical probability in high prevalence populationAndrea Penaloza
Emergency Department, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Thromb Res 129:e189-93. 2012..As PERC rule and RGS are 2 similar explicit rules with many redundant criteria, we hypothesized that the combination of PERC rule with gestalt clinical probability could resolve this limitation...
- Anxiety and depression are unrecognised in emergency patients admitted to the observation care unitFranck Perruche
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques F 75679, Paris, France
Emerg Med J 28:662-5. 2011..To assess the sensitivity and specificity of emergency physicians in detecting anxiety and depression in patients requiring admission to the emergency department (ED) observation care unit for complementary investigations/treatment...
- Routine use of the Pneumonia Severity Index for guiding the site-of-treatment decision of patients with pneumonia in the emergency department: a multicenter, prospective, observational, controlled cohort studyBertrand Renaud
Department of Emergency Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universtaire Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Clin Infect Dis 44:41-9. 2007..Although the Pneumonia Severity Index (PSI) has been extensively validated, little is known of the impact of its routine use as an aid to site-of-treatment decisions for patients with pneumonia who present to emergency departments (EDs)...
- Prognostic value of D-dimer in patients with pulmonary embolismDrahomir Aujesky
Division of Internal Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 96:478-82. 2006....
- [Pulmonary embolism: the justification of diagnostic evidence]Guy Meyer
Service de pneumonologie soins intensifs, Hopital euorpeen Georges Pompidou, universite Paris Descartes 75908 Paris Cedex 15
Rev Prat 57:728-9. 2007
- [Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: what are the indications of pulmonary scintigraphy?]Guy Meyer
Rev Prat 57:732. 2007
- Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism by multidetector CT alone or combined with venous ultrasonography of the leg: a randomised non-inferiority trialMarc Righini
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, Geneva University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 371:1343-52. 2008..We compared this combination with a strategy in which both a negative venous ultrasonography of the leg and MSCT were needed to exclude pulmonary embolism...
- Comparison of two clinical prediction rules and implicit assessment among patients with suspected pulmonary embolismIsabelle Chagnon
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Med 113:269-75. 2002..We compared the predictive accuracy and the concordance of the two methods, as well as the Geneva score overridden by implicit clinical judgment...
- A positive compression ultrasonography of the lower limb veins is highly predictive of pulmonary embolism on computed tomography in suspected patientsGregoire Le Gal
EA 3878, département de médecine interne et de pneumologie, CHU de la Cavale Blanche, 29609 Brest Cedex, France
Thromb Haemost 95:963-6. 2006..It allows ruling in the diagnosis of PE without further invasive and/or expensive testing in suspected patients...
- Clinical usefulness of D-dimer testing in cancer patients with suspected pulmonary embolismMarc Righini
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, Department of Internal Medicine, Geneva University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 95:715-9. 2006..Increasing the cut-off value of D-dimer in cancer patients might increase the test's clinical usefulness...
- Validation of a risk score identifying patients with acute pulmonary embolism, who are at low risk of clinical adverse outcomeMathieu R Nendaz
Medical Clinic 1, Department of Internal Medicine, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 91:1232-6. 2004..Whether this score remains accurate and useful in clinical practice should be determined in a prospective multicentre validation study...
- Multidetector-row computed tomography in suspected pulmonary embolismArnaud Perrier
Service of General Internal Medicine, Geneva Faculty of Medicine and Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 352:1760-8. 2005..We evaluated whether the use of D-dimer measurement and multidetector-row CT, without lower-limb ultrasonography, might safely rule out pulmonary embolism...
- Derivation and validation of a prognostic model for pulmonary embolismDrahomir Aujesky
Division of General Internal Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Center, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1041-6. 2005..An objective and simple prognostic model for patients with pulmonary embolism could be helpful in guiding initial intensity of treatment...
- Validation of a model to predict adverse outcomes in patients with pulmonary embolismDrahomir Aujesky
Division of General Internal Medicine, The University Outpatient Clinic and The Clinical Epidemiology Center, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 27:476-81. 2006..To validate a model for quantifying the prognosis of patients with pulmonary embolism (PE). The model was previously derived from 10 534 US patients...
- A prediction rule to identify low-risk patients with pulmonary embolismDrahomir Aujesky
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:169-75. 2006..A simple prognostic model could help identify patients with pulmonary embolism who are at low risk of death and are candidates for outpatient treatment...
- Value of D-dimer testing for the exclusion of pulmonary embolism in patients with previous venous thromboembolismGregoire Le Gal
Department of Internal Medicine and Chest Diseases, Brest University Hospital, Brest, France
Arch Intern Med 166:176-80. 2006....
- Diagnosing pulmonary embolism in outpatients with clinical assessment, D-dimer measurement, venous ultrasound, and helical computed tomography: a multicenter management studyArnaud Perrier
Medical Clinic 1, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
Am J Med 116:291-9. 2004..To evaluate a diagnostic strategy for pulmonary embolism that combined clinical assessment, plasma D-dimer measurement, lower limb venous ultrasonography, and helical computed tomography (CT)...
- Prediction of pulmonary embolism in the emergency department: the revised Geneva scoreGregoire Le Gal
Brest University Hospital, Brest, France
Ann Intern Med 144:165-71. 2006..Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism requires clinical probability assessment. Implicit assessment is accurate but is not standardized, and current prediction rules have shortcomings...
- Clinical usefulness of D-dimer depending on clinical probability and cutoff value in outpatients with suspected pulmonary embolismMarc Righini
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, Geneva University Hospital, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Arch Intern Med 164:2483-7. 2004....