- Ecotoxicity of neonicotinoid insecticides to bees
Association de Coordination Technique Agricole, Institut Claude Bougelat, Marcy l Etoile, France
Adv Exp Med Biol 683:85-95. 2010
..The chapter ends with suggestions for additional studies aiming at better assess the hazard of this important insecticide family to bees...
- Comparative sublethal toxicity of nine pesticides on olfactory learning performances of the honeybee Apis mellifera
Association de Coordination Technique Agricole, Maison des Agriculteurs, La Tour de Salvagny, France
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 48:242-50. 2005
..Our study shows that the PER assay can be used for estimating sublethal effects of pesticides on bees. Furthermore, comparisons of sensitivity as well as the estimation of NOECs, useful for regulatory purposes, are possible...
- Honeybee tracking with microchips: a new methodology to measure the effects of pesticides
ACTA, UMT PrADE, UMR 406, Site Agroparc, Avignon, France
Ecotoxicology 20:429-37. 2011
..We showed that oral treatment of 0.3 ng of fipronil per bee (LD50/20) reduced the number of foraging trips. The strengths of our approach were briefly discussed...
- Reconciling laboratory and field assessments of neonicotinoid toxicity to honeybees
INRA, UR406 Abeilles et Environnement, 84914 Avignon, France UMT Protection des Abeilles dans l Environnement, Site Agroparc, 84914 Avignon, France
Proc Biol Sci 282:. 2015
- Variations in the Availability of Pollen Resources Affect Honey Bee Health
Garance Di Pasquale
UMT PrADE, Avignon, France
PLoS ONE 11:e0162818. 2016
..Finally, even though pollen can be available ad libitum during the mass-flowering of some crops (e.g. maize), it can fail to provide bees with diet adequate for their development. ..
- Larval Exposure to the Juvenile Hormone Analog Pyriproxyfen Disrupts Acceptance of and Social Behavior Performance in Adult Honeybees
ACTA, ICB VETAGROSUP, 1 avenue C Bourgelat, 69280, Marcy l Etoile, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0132985. 2015
..Oral and chronic larval exposure at cumulative doses of 23 or 57 ng per larva were tested...
- Structure-toxicity modeling of pesticides to honey bees
CTIS, 3 Chemin de la Gravière, 69140 Rillieux La Pape, France
SAR QSAR Environ Res 13:641-8. 2002
..The root mean square residual (RMSR) values for the training and testing sets were 0.430 and 0.386, respectively. The practical interest of this original model was discussed...
- Comparative toxicity and hazards of pesticides to Apis and non-Apis bees. A chemometrical study
CTIS, 3 Chemin de la Gravière 69140, Rillieux La Pape, France
SAR QSAR Environ Res 14:389-403. 2003
..was also performed from a more restricted set of 32 pesticides. While no difference of sensitivity was found between A. mellifera and Bombus spp., M. rotundata appeared the most susceptible to pesticides followed by N. melanderi...
- Does Cry1Ab protein affect learning performances of the honey bee Apis mellifera L. (Hymenoptera, Apidae)?
Instituto de Ecologia A C, Km 2 5 Carretera Antigua a Coatepec No 351 El Haya, 91070 Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 70:327-33. 2008
..The implications of these results are discussed in terms of risks of transgenic Bt crops for honey bees...