Affiliation: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire
- Glucocorticoids reduce alveolar and trabecular bone in miceBéatrice Bouvard
INSERM, U922, LHEA, IRIS IBM, Institut de Biologie en Santé, CHU d Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49933 Angers Cedex, France
Joint Bone Spine 80:77-81. 2013..Glucocorticoid (GC) treatment is the main cause of secondary osteoporosis. There are some controversies about the relationships between alveolar bone loss and bone loss at the appendicular and axial skeleton...
- High prevalence of vertebral fractures in women with breast cancer starting aromatase inhibitor therapyB Bouvard
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital of Angers, Angers, France
Ann Oncol 23:1151-6. 2012..The purpose of this study was to describe bone status in a large cohort of postmenopausal women with nonmetastatic breast cancer, at the initiation of aromatase inhibitor therapy...
- Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance, multiple myeloma, and osteoporosisBéatrice Bouvard
Service de Rhumatologie, pôle Ostéoarticulaire, CHU d Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49933 Angers Cedex 9, France
Joint Bone Spine 77:120-4. 2010..Here, we discuss the pathophysiology of myeloma and MGUS and their impact in terms of bone mineral density, osteoporotic fractures, and bone turnover markers...
- Bone turnover markers for osteoporotic status assessment? A systematic review of their diagnosis value at baseline in osteoporosisEmmanuel Biver
Department of Rheumatology, Roger Salengro Hospital, CHRU de Lille, University Lille Nord de France, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Joint Bone Spine 79:20-5. 2012..Their interest for the positive and etiological diagnosis of osteoporosis at baseline, and their predictive value for past asymptomatic vertebral fractures, were evaluated by a systematic review of the literature...
- Is androgen therapy indicated in men with osteoporosis?Emmanuel Hoppé
Service de Rhumatologie, CHU d Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49933 Angers Cedex 9, France Groupe Etude sur le Remodelage Osseux et les bioMatériaux GEROM, UPRES EA 4658, IRIS IBS, Institut de Biologie en Santé, CHU d Angers, Angers, France Electronic address
Joint Bone Spine 80:459-65. 2013....
- Sex hormone-binding globulin in osteoporosisEmmanuel Hoppé
Inserm U922, Service de Rhumatologie, CHU, 4, rue Larrey, 49933 Angers Cedex 9, France
Joint Bone Spine 77:306-12. 2010....
- [Disc herniation-induced sciatica: medical or surgical treatment?]Erick Legrand
Service de Rhumatologie, CHU Angers, Angers
Rev Prat 58:285-93. 2008..Finally, confinement to bed, cortisone administered per os or IV, localized spinal manipulations, corsets, vertebral tractions and physiotherapy have no demonstrated impact on the course of sciatica...
- Extraskeletal effects of vitamin D: facts, uncertainties, and controversiesBéatrice Bouvard
Service de Rhumatologie, CHU d Angers, Universite d Angers, UNAM, 49933 Angers, France
Joint Bone Spine 78:10-6. 2011..This article is a review of the clinical and biological actions of vitamin D including effects on the immune system, auto-immune diseases, infections, cancer, metabolic syndrome, fall risk, cognitive function, and muscle function...
- Unwrapping microcomputed tomographic images for measuring cortical osteolytic lesions in the 5T2 murine model of myeloma treated by bisphosphonateMambaye N'diaye
GEROM Groupe Etudes Remodelage Osseux et bioMatériaux, LUNAM Université, IRIS IBS Institut de Biologie en Santé, CHU d Angers, 49933 Angers Cedex, France
Micron 68:107-14. 2015..Unwrapping microCT image is a new method allowing the measurement of cortical perforations in bone malignancies, a parameter that cannot be measured correctly on 2D histological sections...
- Sciatica from disk herniation: Medical treatment or surgery?Erick Legrand
Rheumatology Department, Teaching Hospital CHU Angers, rue Larrey, 49933 Angers, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:530-5. 2007..Bed rest, systemic glucocorticoid therapy, spinal manipulation, bracing, spinal traction, and physical therapy have no proven effects on the outcome of sciatica...
- IL-26 is overexpressed in rheumatoid arthritis and induces proinflammatory cytokine production and Th17 cell generationMurielle Corvaisier
LUNAM Université, Universite d Angers, Angers, France
PLoS Biol 10:e1001395. 2012..IL-26 thereby appears as a novel proinflammatory cytokine, located upstream of the proinflammatory cascade, that may constitute a promising target to treat RA and chronic inflammatory disorders...
- Prognostic interest of bone turnover markers in the management of postmenopausal osteoporosisFlorence Chopin
Inserm U1059, Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Joint Bone Spine 79:26-31. 2012..The aim was to review the literature dealing with the use of biochemical bone turnover markers (BTM) as predictors of bone loss and individual risk of fracture in postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) directly affects collagen fibril diameter and collagen cross-linking in osteoblast culturesAleksandra Mieczkowska
GEROM Groupe Etudes Remodelage Osseux et bioMatériaux LHEA, IRIS IBS Institut de Biologie en Santé, CHU d Angers, LUNAM Université, 49933 Angers Cedex, France
Bone 74:29-36. 2015..GIP acted directly on osteoblasts by activating the adenylyl cyclase-cAMP pathway. This study provides evidences that GIP acts directly on osteoblasts and is capable of improving collagen maturity and fibril diameter. ..