- Random-effect models for ordinal responses: application to self-reported disability among older personsI Carriere
INSERM Unité 500, 39, Avenue Charles Flahault, 34093 Montpellier
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 54:61-72. 2006..The statistical analysis of these studies combines two difficulties: the choice of the best ordinal model and taking into account correlations for within-subject responses...
- Nutrient intake in an elderly population in southern France (POLANUT): deficiency in some vitamins, minerals and omega-3 PUFAIsabelle Carriere
INSERM, E361, Montpellier, F 34093, France
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 77:57-65. 2007..Evaluation of the nutritional status of an elderly cohort from a French Mediterranean area...
- Biomarkers of inflammation and malnutrition associated with early death in healthy elderly peopleIsabelle Carriere
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:840-6. 2008..To determine whether malnutrition and biomarkers of inflammation predict all-cause, cancer, and cardiovascular mortality in healthy elderly subjects...
- Choosing marginal or random-effects models for longitudinal binary responses: application to self-reported disability among older personsIsabelle Carriere
INSERM Unité 500, 39 Avenue Charles Flahault, Montpellier, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 2:15. 2002..Longitudinal studies with binary repeated outcomes are now widespread in epidemiology. The statistical analysis of these studies presents difficulties and standard methods are inadequate...
- Hierarchical components of physical frailty predicted incidence of dependency in a cohort of elderly womenIsabelle Carriere
INSERM Unité 500, Montpellier, France
J Clin Epidemiol 58:1180-7. 2005..To identify the most important predictors of early disability incidence and devise a simple score of physical frailty...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene variants are associated with both cortisol secretion and late-life depressionM L Ancelin
1 INSERM, U1061, Montpellier, France 2 Univ Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Transl Psychiatry 3:e322. 2013..Whether this could represent a common pathophysiological mechanism linking HPA axis and late-life depression remains to be explored...
- Light exposure and the risk of cortical, nuclear, and posterior subcapsular cataracts: the Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age (POLA) studyC Delcourt
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Montpellier, France
Arch Ophthalmol 118:385-92. 2000..Exposure to light may be an important risk factor for the development of cataracts...
- Impact of a premature menopause on cognitive function in later lifeJ Ryan
INSERM, U1061, Neuropsychiatry Epidemiological and Clinical Research, Montpellier, France Université Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France Cancer and Disease Epigenetics, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia Department of Paediatrics, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
BJOG 121:1729-39. 2014..To determine whether premature menopause (≤40 years) can have long-lasting effects on later-life cognition and investigate whether this association varies depending on the type of menopause and use of hormone treatment (HT)...
- [The Esprit Project: a longitudinal general population study of psychiatric disorders in France in subjects over 65 years old]M L Ancelin
INSERM, E361, Montpellier, F 34093 France, Univ Montpellier 1, Montpellier, F 34000 France
Encephale 32:S615-21. 2006
- A prospective study of diurnal cortisol and cognitive function in community-dwelling elderly peopleI Beluche
INSERM, U888, University of Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Psychol Med 40:1039-49. 2010..However, the causal relationship between stress and subsequent cognitive impairment remains unclear, notably because of the small number of gender-stratified prospective studies...
- Lipid levels and cardiovascular risk in elderly women: a general population study of the effects of hormonal treatment and lipid-lowering agentsA M Dupuy
INSERM U888, Montpellier, France
Climacteric 11:74-83. 2008..To evaluate plasma lipid levels in elderly women in the general population as a function of use of lipid-lowering agents (LLA) and hormone therapy (HT)...
- [Recovery from disability in an older population. Results of long-term follow-up in Upper-Normandy (France)]A Colvez
Unité 500, Epidémiologie des maladies chroniques et du vieillissement, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, 39, Avenue Charles Flahault, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 51:565-73. 2003..The recovery of people initially disabled was addressed using the National Institute of Health and Medical Research Upper-Normandy survey, conducted on a representative sample of the older population from 1978 to 1999...
- Light exposure and the risk of age-related macular degeneration: the Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age (POLA) studyC Delcourt
INSERM Unité 500, 39 Avenue Charles Flahault, 34093 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Arch Ophthalmol 119:1463-8. 2001..We present the relationship between lifetime light exposure and ARMD as examined in the Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age (POLA) study...
- Biological and psychological predictors of posttraumatic stress disorder onset and chronicity. A one-year prospective studyC Gandubert
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier, F 34093, France Université Montpellier, Montpellier, F 34000, France
Neurobiol Stress 3:61-67. 2016..The aim of this study is to identify the concurrent influence of psychological and biological diatheses on PTSD onset and maintenance, taking into account socio-demographic factors and psychiatric antecedents...
- Chronic and remitting trajectories of depressive symptoms in the elderly. Characterisation and risk factorsI Carriere
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier, F 34093, France
Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci . 2016....
- C-reactive protein gene variants: independent association with late-life depression and circulating protein levelsM L Ancelin
1 INSERM, U1061, Hôpital La Colombière, Montpellier, France 2 Université Montpellier 1, U1061, Montpellier, France
Transl Psychiatry 5:e499. 2015..Variants of the CRP gene thus influence circulating CRP levels and appear as independent susceptibility factors for late-life depression. ..
- Designing prevention programmes to reduce incidence of dementia: prospective cohort study of modifiable risk factorsK Ritchie
INSERM, U888 Nervous System Pathologies Epidemiological and Clinical Research, La Colombière Hospital, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
BMJ 341:c3885. 2010..To estimate the percentage reduction in incidence of dementia that would be obtained if specific risk factors were eliminated...
- Characteristics of hormone therapy, cognitive function, and dementia: the prospective 3C StudyJ Ryan
INSERM U888, Nervous System Pathologies Epidemiological and Clinical Research, Hôpital La Colombière, BP 34493, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Neurology 73:1729-37. 2009..To examine the association between hormone therapy (HT) and cognitive performance or dementia, focusing on the duration and type of treatment used, as well as the timing of initiation of HT in relation to the menopause...
- [In search of a typology of drugs used by the aged living in the community]A Colvez
INSERM Unité 500, Epidémiologie des maladies chroniques et du vieillissement, 39, Avenue Charles Flahault, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 50:121-33. 2002..The objective was to identify the determining factors of drug utilization in the elderly by using several classes of drugs...
- Albumin and transthyretin as risk factors for cataract: the POLA studyCécile Delcourt
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Montpellier, France
Arch Ophthalmol 123:225-32. 2005..To assess the associations of markers of protein nutrition (plasma albumin and transthyretin) with cataract...
- Gender and genotype modulation of the association between lipid levels and depressive symptomatology in community-dwelling elderly (the ESPRIT study)Marie Laure Ancelin
Institut de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm and University of Montpellier 1, Hôpital La Colombière, Centre hospitalier universitaire CHU, Montpellier, France
Biol Psychiatry 68:125-32. 2010..Lipids appear to mediate depressive vulnerability in the elderly; however, sex differences and genetic vulnerability have not been taken into account in previous prospective studies...
- Caffeine, cognitive functioning, and white matter lesions in the elderly: establishing causality from epidemiological evidenceKaren Ritchie
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, France and University of Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
J Alzheimers Dis 20:S161-6. 2010..The significant relationship observed between caffeine intake in women and lower cognitive decline is highly likely to be a true causal relationship and not a spurious association...
- A prospective study of hormonal treatment and anxiety disorders in community-dwelling elderly women (the Esprit Study)Jacqueline Scali
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, F 34093 France
J Affect Disord 115:274-9. 2009..The impact of hormone therapy use on late-life anxiety disorder in elderly women has not been evaluated...
- Olive oil and cognition: results from the three-city studyClaudine Berr
INSERM U888 Pathologies du Systeme Nerveux Recherche Epidemiologique et Clinique, Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 28:357-64. 2009..Olive oil is a major component of the Mediterranean diet suggested to be beneficial to counteract Alzheimer's disease...
- Plasma selenium over time and cognitive decline in the elderlyTasnime N Akbaraly
Inserm E361 Université Montpellier1, Montpellier, France
Epidemiology 18:52-8. 2007..The aim of the study was to examine whether declining selenium levels over time are associated with cognitive decline in a cohort of community-dwelling French elderly...
- Lifetime hormonal factors may predict late-life depression in womenJoanne Ryan
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, F 34093 France
Int Psychogeriatr 20:1203-18. 2008..Fluctuating hormone levels are known to influence a woman's mood and well-being. This study aimed to determine whether lifetime hormonal markers are associated with late-life depression symptoms among elderly community-dwelling women...
- Life-time estrogen exposure and cognitive functioning in later lifeJoanne Ryan
INSERM, U888, Montpellier F 34093, France
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:287-98. 2009..Few studies have considered the influence of life-time estrogen exposure which may have an independent effect on cognition and/or modulate treatment response...
- Patterns of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor use and risk of falls and fractures in community-dwelling elderly people: the Three-City cohortI Carriere
Inserm U1061, Neuropsychiatry Epidemiological and Clinical Research, 39 Avenue Charles Flahault, BP 34493, 34093, Montpellier Cedex 05, France
Osteoporos Int 27:3187-3195. 2016..Among the various SSRI types, citalopram only was at significant risk for falls and fluoxetine for fractures...
- Risk factors for late-onset generalized anxiety disorder: results from a 12-year prospective cohort (the ESPRIT study)X Zhang
1 INSERM, U1061, Hôpital La Colombière, Montpellier, France 2 University Montpellier, U1061, Montpellier, France 3 Tianjin Mental Health Center, Tianjin, China
Transl Psychiatry 5:e536. 2015..GAD appears as a multifactorial stress-related affective disorder resulting from both proximal and distal risk factors, some of them being potentially modifiable by health care intervention. ..
- The association between caffeine and cognitive decline: examining alternative causal hypothesesK Ritchie
INSERM, Montpellier, France
Int Psychogeriatr 26:581-90. 2014..The assumed effect is that of reduced amyloid deposition, however, alternative pathways notably by reducing depression and diabetes type 2 risk have not been considered...
- Dietary fat and the risk of age-related maculopathy: the POLANUT studyC Delcourt
INSERM, Research Unit U593 for Epidemiology, Public Health and Development, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:1341-4. 2007..Total and white fish intake was not significantly associated with ARM, but fatty fish intake (more than once a month versus less than once a month) was associated with a 60% reduction in risk for ARM (OR=0.42, P=0.01)...
- The neuroprotective effects of caffeine: a prospective population study (the Three City Study)K Ritchie
INSERM U888 Nervous System Pathologies, Epidemiological and Clinical Research, La Colombière Hospital, Montpellier, France
Neurology 69:536-45. 2007..To examine the association between caffeine intake, cognitive decline, and incident dementia in a community-based sample of subjects aged 65 years and over...
- Persistence of abnormal cortisol levels in elderly persons after recovery from major depressionIsabelle Beluche
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, France
J Psychiatr Res 43:777-83. 2009....
- Drugs with anticholinergic properties, cognitive decline, and dementia in an elderly general population: the 3-city studyIsabelle Carriere
INSERM, U888, Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Arch Intern Med 169:1317-24. 2009..Despite the high intake of medications with anticholinergic properties by community-dwelling elderly persons, the effects on cognitive decline and dementia have rarely been evaluated...
- Hormonal treatment, mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseJoanne Ryan
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, F 34093 France
Int Psychogeriatr 20:47-56. 2008....
- Onset and relapse of psychiatric disorders following early breast cancer: a case-control studyCatherine Gandubert
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, F 34000, France
Psychooncology 18:1029-37. 2009..Our objective is to evaluate the mental status of primary early breast cancer survivors according to DSM-IV criteria, distinguishing new psychiatric diagnosis, which started after the cancer diagnosis from relapse...
- Late-life depression and mortality: influence of gender and antidepressant useJoanne Ryan
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm U888, University of Montpellier, France
Br J Psychiatry 192:12-8. 2008..Depression may increase the risk of mortality among certain subgroups of older people, but the part played by antidepressants in this association has not been thoroughly explored...