- Low testosterone and the risk of dementia in elderly men: Impact of age and educationLaure Carcaillon
INSERM, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, UMR S1018, Hormones and Cardiovascular disease, Villejuif, France Université Paris Sud 11, Kremlin Bicetre, France Electronic address
Alzheimers Dement 10:S306-14. 2014..The objective of this study was to examine the association of plasma estradiol and testosterone with risk for dementia in elderly men...
- Sex differences in the association between serum levels of testosterone and frailty in an elderly population: the Toledo Study for Healthy AgingLaure Carcaillon
Fundación para la Investigación Biomédica, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e32401. 2012..Although this association has been widely reported in older men, very few data are available in women. We studied the association between testosterone and frailty in women and assessed sex differences in this relationship...
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease patients with rapid cognitive decline in clinical practice: interest of the Deco questionnaireL Carcaillon
INSERM, CR897, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Nutr Health Aging 15:361-6. 2011..Patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) who deteriorate rapidly are likely to have a poorer prognosis. There is a clear need for a clinical assessment tool to detect such a decline in newly diagnosed patients...
- A subtest of the MMSE as a valid test of episodic memory? Comparison with the Free and Cued Reminding TestLaure Carcaillon
INSERM, Unit 897, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 27:429-38. 2009..Episodic memory impairment is known to be the core of Alzheimer's disease (AD) dementia syndrome and one of the earliest domains to decline. However, episodic memory tests are long and expensive...
- Elevated plasma fibrin D-dimer as a risk factor for vascular dementia: the Three-City cohort studyL Carcaillon
INSERM Unit 780, Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Villejuif
J Thromb Haemost 7:1972-8. 2009..However, few studies have investigated these associations in the elderly. Moreover, vascular factors may be involved in dementia. Data on the relationship between hemostatic biomarkers and dementia remain scarce...
- Increased thrombin generation is associated with acute ischemic stroke but not with coronary heart disease in the elderly: the Three-City cohort studyLaure Carcaillon
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Hormones and Cardiovascular disease, Villejuif, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1445-51. 2011..Whether changes in this biomarker are relevant to arterial disease remains unknown. We investigated the association of thrombin generation with coronary heart disease (CHD) and acute ischemic stroke (AIS) in the elderly...
- High plasma estradiol interacts with diabetes on risk of dementia in older postmenopausal womenLaure Carcaillon
From Inserm L C, P Y S, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, UMR S1018, Hormones and Cardiovascular disease, University Paris Sud, Villejuif Hôpital Bicêtre S B T, A G M, APHP, Service de Génétique Moléculaire, Pharmacogénétique et Hormonologie Kremlin Bicêtre Inserm UMR S693 S B T, A G M, Universite Paris Sud 11, Kremlin Bicêtre Inserm U1061 M L A, Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier CMMR CHU Dijon O R, Dijon Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 J F D, Bordeaux and Inserm U897 J F D, Epidemiology and Neuropsychology of Brain Aging, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 82:504-11. 2014..We aimed to investigate the impact of endogenous estradiol (E2) on dementia and to evaluate the contribution of vascular risk factors and inflammatory and blood coagulation markers to this association...
- Gender differences in the prodromal signs of dementia: memory complaint and IADL-restriction. a prospective population-based cohortKarine Pérès
INSERM, U897, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux2, Bordeaux, France
J Alzheimers Dis 27:39-47. 2011..To conclude, women would report the first symptoms very early in the process by SMC, whereas men would tend to later report their difficulties and only in terms of IADL-restriction...
- Endogenous oestradiol as a positive correlate of plasma fibrinogen among older postmenopausal women: a population-based study (the Three-City cohort study)Marianne Canonico
Hormones and Cardiovascular disease, Univ Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 77:905-10. 2012..However, whether endogenous sex steroid hormones influence the plasma fibrinogen concentrations among postmenopausal women remains unclear...
- Fast cognitive decline at the time of dementia diagnosis: a major prognostic factor for survival in the communityLaure Carcaillon
INSERM, Unit 593, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 23:439-45. 2007..Our study aimed at confirming the concept of fast decliners at the time of Alzheimer's disease (AD) diagnosis which best predicts mortality, in an unselected sample...
- Clustering and switching processes in semantic verbal fluency in the course of Alzheimer's disease subjects: results from the PAQUID longitudinal studyNadine Raoux
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux Cedex, France University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Cortex 44:1188-96. 2008..Therefore the results support the hypothesis that impaired shifting abilities - rather than semantic memory storage degradation - could explain the early decline in semantic fluency performance occurring in the predementia phase of AD...
- Multiple imputation for estimating hazard ratios and predictive abilities in case-cohort surveysHelena Marti
INSERM, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Biostatistics team, F 94807 Villejuif, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:24. 2012..However, case-cohort studies represent a special type of incomplete data, and methods for analyzing incomplete data should be appropriate, in particular multiple imputation (MI)...
- Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy and Risk of Stroke: Impact of the Route of Estrogen Administration and Type of ProgestogenMarianne Canonico
From the Université Paris Saclay, Univ Paris Sud, UVSQ, Centre de Recheche en Epidémiologie et Santé des Populations, Inserm UMRS1018, Villejuif, France M C, E O, A S M, A E, P Y S Institut de veille sanitaire InVS, Département des Maladies Chroniques et des, Traumatismes, F 94415 Saint Maurice, France L C APHP, Hôpitaux Paris Centre, Unité de gynécologie endocrinienne, Paris, 75014, France et Université Paris Descartes G P B Université Paris Saclay, Univ Paris Sud, UVSQ, Biostatistics, Biomathematics, Pharmacoepidemiology and Infectious Diseases, INSERM UMRS1181, Villejuif, France P T B and Institut Pasteur, Paris, France P T B
Stroke 47:1734-41. 2016..However, the differential association of oral and transdermal estrogens with stroke remains poorly investigated. Furthermore, there are no data regarding the impact of progestogens...
- Carotid plaque as a predictor of dementia in older adults: the Three-City StudyLaure Carcaillon
INSERM, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, UMR S1018, Hormones and Cardiovascular disease, University Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Alzheimers Dement 11:239-48. 2015..We examined the association between carotid plaques (CP) and common carotid intima media thickness (CCA-IMT) with incident dementia and its subtypes, and their added value for dementia risk prediction...
- Is frailty a prodromal stage of vascular dementia? Results from the Three-City StudyJosé Alberto Avila-Funes
Department of Geriatrics, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1708-12. 2012..To investigate the relationship between frailty and incident vascular dementia (VaD)...
- Vasodilators and nootropics as predictors of dementia and mortality in the PAQUID cohortJean Francois Dartigues
INSERM U 593, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:395-9. 2007..To assess the effects of treatment for memory impairment and the Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) on dementia, mortality, and survival without dementia...
- Higher level of systemic C-reactive protein is independently predictive of coronary heart disease in older community-dwelling adults: the three-city studyCeline Straczek
INSERM U970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Paris, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:129-35. 2010..To assess the association between systemic C-reactive protein (CRP) and incident coronary heart disease (CHD) in community-dwelling elderly people...
- Synergism between oral estrogen therapy and cytochrome P450 3A5*1 allele on the risk of venous thromboembolism among postmenopausal womenMarianne Canonico
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unit 780 U780, Cardiovascular Epidemiology Section, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, Villejuif Cedex, F 94807 France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3082-7. 2008..This effect may be modulated by the expression of cytochromes P450 3A5 (CYP3A5) and 1A2 (CYP1A2) which are involved in the hepatic metabolism of estrogens...
- A meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies identifies ORM1 as a novel gene controlling thrombin generation potentialAres Rocañín-Arjó
Pierre and Marie Curie University, INSERM, UMR_S 1166, Paris, France
Blood 123:777-85. 2014..These results pave the way for novel mechanistic pathways and therapeutic perspectives in the etiology of thrombin-related disorders. ..
- Searching for an operational definition of frailty: a Delphi method based consensus statement: the frailty operative definition-consensus conference projectLeocadio Rodriguez-Manas
Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Madrid, Spain
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:62-7. 2013..There is no consensus regarding the definition of frailty for clinical uses...
- Postmenopausal hormone therapy and risk of idiopathic venous thromboembolism: results from the E3N cohort studyMarianne Canonico
INSERM Unit 780, Cardiovascular Epidemiology Section, Cedex, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:340-5. 2010..Although recent data showed transdermal estrogens may be safe with respect to thrombotic risk, the impact of the route of estrogen administration and concomitant progestogens is not fully established...