Affiliation: Campus International de Baillarguet
- Monitoring of leptospirosis seroprevalence in a colony of captive collared peccaries (Tayassu tajacu) from the Peruvian AmazonFerran Jori
Integrated Animal Risk Management Unit AGIRs, Department of Environment and Society, CIRAD, Montpellier 34398, France
Res Vet Sci 86:383-7. 2009..Further research regarding the role of CP in the epidemiology of leptospirosis in the Peruvian Amazon is encouraged...
- Role of wild suids in the epidemiology of African swine feverFerran Jori
French Agricultural Research Center for International Development CIRAD, Department of Production Animal Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort, South Africa
Ecohealth 6:296-310. 2009..This first consolidated summary of ASF epidemiology in relation to wild suids summarizes current knowledge and identifies information gaps and future research priorities crucial for formulating effective disease control strategies...
- A questionnaire-based evaluation of the veterinary cordon fence separating wildlife and livestock along the boundary of the Kruger National Park, South AfricaF Jori
CIRAD, UR AGIRs, Campus International de Baillarguet, Montpellier 34392, France
Prev Vet Med 100:210-20. 2011....
- Molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium species at the wildlife/livestock interface of the Kruger National Park, South AfricaNada Abu Samra
Epidemiology Section, Department of Production Animal Studies, University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort 0110, South Africa
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 36:295-302. 2013..such as C. ubiquitum, should be investigated further, particularly in areas of high HIV infection prevalence. Further studies should target younger animals in which the prevalence is likely to be higher...
- Seroprevalence of African swine fever in Senegal, 2006Eric M C Etter
Centre International de Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpement UR 22, Animal and Integrated Risk Management, Montpellier, France
Emerg Infect Dis 17:49-54. 2011..This regional difference is considered in relation to different farming systems and illegal trade with neighboring countries where the infection is endemic...
- African swine fever virus DNA in soft ticks, SenegalLaurence Vial
French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development, Montpellier, France
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1928-31. 2007..Although its persistence in Senegal may be caused by asymptomatic carriers involved in the domestic transmission cycle, we demonstrated that the soft tick Ornithodoros sonrai can be naturally infected with the causative agent...
- Risk analysis and bovine tuberculosis, a re-emerging zoonosisEric Etter
CIRAD, EMVT Department, Epidemiology and Ecology Unit, 34098 Montpellier CEDEX 5, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1081:61-73. 2006..This analysis represents a management support and decision tool in the study and the control of zoonotic BTB...
- Transmission of foot and mouth disease at the wildlife/livestock interface of the Kruger National Park, South Africa: Can the risk be mitigated?Ferran Jori
UPR AGIRs, CIRAD, 34398 Montpellier, France Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0002, South Africa Department of Animal Science and Production, Botswana College of Agriculture, Gaborone, Botswana
Prev Vet Med 126:19-29. 2016..It also suggests that the control of FMD at the KNP interface is becoming increasingly challenging and will probably require alternative approaches to control this disease and its economic impact. ..
- First detection of African Swine Fever Virus in Ornithodoros porcinus in Madagascar and new insights into tick distribution and taxonomyJulie Ravaomanana
Centre of International Cooperation in Agricultural Research for Development CIRAD, CMAEE Unit, Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Parasit Vectors 3:115. 2010..abstract:..
- Enterocytozoon bieneusi at the wildlife/livestock interface of the Kruger National Park, South AfricaNada Abu Samra
Epidemiology Section, Department of Production Animal Studies, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X04, Onderstepoort, 0110 South Africa
Vet Parasitol 190:587-90. 2012..Larger studies in domestic animals, humans and wildlife are necessary to assess the public health significance of E. bieneusi in that interface area...