- Interleukin-4 induces the activation and collagen production of cultured human intrahepatic fibroblasts via the STAT-6 pathwayLynda Aoudjehane
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire, UPRES 1833, Universite Paris 5, Paris, France
Lab Invest 88:973-85. 2008..This effect requires IL4-R binding and STAT-6 activation. IL-4 may thus be involved in accelerated course of fibrogenesis during recurrent hepatitis C...
- Assessing renal function with daclizumab induction and delayed tacrolimus introduction in liver transplant recipientsYvon Calmus
Unite de Transplantation Hepatique, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Transplantation 89:1504-10. 2010..Interleukin-2 receptor antagonist induction followed by delayed tacrolimus (Tac) administration may minimize the renal insult without compromising immunoprotection...
- Shaping macrophages function and innate immunity by bile acids: mechanisms and implication in cholestatic liver diseasesYvon Calmus
Centre de référence des maladies inflammatoires des voies biliaire, Service d hépatologie et Centre de transplantation hépatique, AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France France Sorbonne universités, UPMC Universite Paris 06, 75006 Paris, France Electronic address
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 38:550-6. 2014....
- Treatment of recurrent HCV infection following liver transplantation: results of a multicenter, randomized, versus placebo, trial of ribavirin alone as maintenance therapy after one year of PegIFNα-2a plus ribavirinYvon Calmus
Hopital Cochin, Paris, France Hôpital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
J Hepatol 57:564-71. 2012..We aimed at determining the effect of maintenance therapy with ribavirin alone, after a year of combined peginterferon-alfa 2a (PegIFNα-2a) and ribavirin therapy, on viral response and liver histology after liver transplantation (LT)...
- Impact of tumour differentiation to select patients before liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaThomas Decaens
AP HP, Department of Hepatology, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Creteil, France
Liver Int 31:792-801. 2011..To generate a new score with improved accuracy compared with Milan criteria to select patients...
- Elevated interleukin-4 expression in severe recurrent hepatitis C virus after liver transplantationSebastien Dharancy
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire, UPRES 1833, Faculté de Médecine Cochin Port Royal, Universite Paris 5, Paris, France
Transplantation 83:906-11. 2007..HCV frequently recurs after liver transplantation, and its course is accelerated in this setting. We compared in situ expression of IL-2 and IL-4 in transplanted and nontransplanted patients with HCV...
- Long-term renal function in liver transplant recipients and impact of immunosuppressive regimens (calcineurin inhibitors alone or in combination with mycophenolate mofetil): the TRY studySvetlana Karie-Guigues
Service de Nephrologie, Groupe Hospitalier de la Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Liver Transpl 15:1083-91. 2009..It seems likely that early intervention for CNI reduction is best for reducing the use of CNIs in the long term...
- Role of immunosuppression and tumor differentiation in predicting recurrence after liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: a multicenter study of 412 patientsThomas Decaens
Service d hépatologie et de gastroentérologie, AP HP, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, Unite INSERM 581, France
World J Gastroenterol 12:7319-25. 2006....
- Pivotal role of superoxide anion and beneficial effect of antioxidant molecules in murine steatohepatitisAlexis Laurent
Laboratoire d Immunologie, UPRES 1833, Faculté et Hôpital Cochin, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Hepatology 39:1277-85. 2004..In conclusion, these data demonstrate deleterious effects of superoxide anions in NASH and point at the potential interest of nonpeptidyl mimics of SOD in the treatment of NASH in humans...
- Split liver transplantation using extended right grafts: the natural history of segment 4 and its impact on early postoperative outcomesAilton Sepulveda
Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation Service, Saint Antoine Hospital, Assistance Public Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Liver Transpl 18:413-22. 2012....
- [Recurrent hepatitis C after liver transplantation: Erythropoietin allows maintenance of antiviral treatment]Yana Boyanova
Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Paris
Presse Med 35:233-6. 2006..Administration of erythropoietin can enable these patients to continue treatment and thus improve viral eradication...
- CD28 expression by peripheral blood lymphocytes as a potential predictor of the development of de novo malignancies in long-term survivors after liver transplantationEmmanuel Boleslawski
Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé 938, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, site Saint Antoine, Universite Paris 6, Paris, France
Liver Transpl 17:299-305. 2011....
- Defective inhibition of peripheral CD8+ T cell IL-2 production by anti-calcineurin drugs during acute liver allograft rejectionEmmanuel Boleslawski
Cellular Biology Laboratory, Department of Medicine, University of Paris V, Paris, France
Transplantation 77:1815-20. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate calcineurin activity and interleukin-2 (IL-2) expression by peripheral blood cells as a means of assessing the immune status of liver transplant recipients...
- Impaired erythropoietin production in liver transplant recipients: the role of calcineurin inhibitorsValerie Bardet
Service d Hematologie Biologique, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Liver Transpl 12:1649-54. 2006..Hematocrit values and the type of calcineurin inhibitor were the only parameters independently related to Epo levels. In conclusion, cyclosporine, but not tacrolimus, inhibits Epo production at the doses used in clinical practice...
- Prospective assessment of renal histopathological lesions in patients with end-stage liver disease: effects on long-term renal function after liver transplantationYvon Calmus
Liver Transplant Unit, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Hepatol 57:572-6. 2012..The goal of this study was to make a prospective evaluation of renal histological lesions in a group of unselected patients awaiting liver transplantation...
- Renal histopathological lesions after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT)Evangeline Pillebout
Hopital Saint Louis, Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 5:1120-9. 2005..These investigations have therapeutic potential, that is, they may lead to a more aggressive treatment of hypertension and/or diabetes...
- Mangafodipir prevents liver injury induced by acetaminophen in the mouseSassia Bedda
Laboratoire d Immunologie, UPRES 1833, Faculte Cochin, Pavillon Hardy, Universite Paris V, AP HP, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
J Hepatol 39:765-72. 2003....
- [Liver transplantation for cancer]Yvon Calmus
Unite de Transplantation Hepatique, Hopital Cochin, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Rev Prat 58:1745-8. 2008..LT is possible in patients with a pasthistory of extrahepatic cancer. The risk of recurrence (or transformation of hemopathies) is lower than 5% at 10 years, probably because of the extensive selection made among these patients...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma developed on compensated cirrhosis: resection as a selection tool for liver transplantationOlivier Scatton
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Hopital Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Liver Transpl 14:779-88. 2008..De principe LT in patients within Milan criteria with poor prognosis histological features may be an optimal strategy...
- Interleukin-15 production during liver allograft rejection in humansFilomena Conti
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire, Faculté de Médecine Cochin Port Royal, Paris, France
Transplantation 76:210-6. 2003..The activity of interleukin (IL)-15, a cytokine produced by macrophages, is similar to that of IL-2. We investigated whether IL-15 plays a role in liver allograft rejection...
- Might physicians be restricting access to liver transplantation for patients with alcoholic liver disease?Valerie Perut
Unité de Gestion des Risques et Qualité, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Saint Vincent De Paul, AP HP, Paris, France
J Hepatol 51:707-14. 2009..However, fewer of these patients are found on the waiting list. To understand the reasons for this discrepancy, it was decided to examine physicians' attitudes concerning the allocation of deceased donor liver allografts...
- Preliminary report of major surgery in liver transplant recipients receiving m-TOR inhibitors without therapeutic discontinuationLilian Schwarz
Department of Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplantation Surgery, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012, Paris Cedex, France
World J Surg 38:3193-8. 2014..This report was designed to evaluate both feasibility and safety of major surgery in liver transplant recipients receiving m-TORi-based immunosuppression without therapeutic discontinuation...
- Impact of pretransplantation transarterial chemoembolization on survival and recurrence after liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaThomas Decaens
Service d hépatologie et de gastroentérologie, AP HP, Hopital Henri Mondor, 512 Avenue du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94000 Creteil, France
Liver Transpl 11:767-75. 2005..2%, compared with 54.2% among their matched controls (P = 0.9). In conclusion, with a mean waiting period of 4.2 months and 1 TACE procedure, pre-LT TACE does not influence post-LT overall survival and disease-free survival...
- Use of lidocaine metabolism to test liver function during the long-term follow-up of liver transplant recipientsFilomena Conti
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Clin Transplant 18:235-41. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of the monoethylglycinexylidide (MEGX) test to monitoring the long-term function of liver allografts...
- Comparison of a new enzymatic assay with a high-performance liquid chromatography/ ultraviolet detection method for therapeutic drug monitoring of mycophenolic acid in adult liver transplant recipientsBenoit Blanchet
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Toxicologie, Service de Pharmacie, GH Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
Liver Transpl 14:1745-51. 2008..Therefore, this method was proved valid and reliable for the monitoring of the plasma MPA concentration in adult liver transplant recipients treated with cyclosporine microemulsion or tacrolimus...
- Thiabendazole-induced acute liver failure requiring transplantation and subsequent diagnosis of polyarteritis nodosaMatthieu Groh
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cochin, Referral Center for Rare Autoimmune and Systemic Diseases, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:S107-9. 2012..His outcome was favourable after second OLT, under steroids, cyclophosphamide pulses and tacrolimus. In retrospect, his initial symptoms and hypereosinophilia were probably attributable to PAN...
- [Renal failure following liver transplantation]Yvon Calmus
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Paris Cedex 14, France
Presse Med 38:1314-8. 2009..Other interventions useful to limiting kidney failure after LT are the correction of hypertension, diabetes, and hyperlipidemia...
- Temporary placement of partially covered self-expandable metal stents for anastomotic biliary strictures after liver transplantation: a prospective, multicenter studyUlriikka Chaput
Hepato Gastroenterology Department, Hopital Cochin, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Gastrointest Endosc 72:1167-74. 2010..Management of anastomotic biliary strictures after liver transplantation deserves optimization...
- Liver transplantation using grafts with rare metabolic disordersAstrid Schielke
AP HP, Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, hôpital La Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France Electronic address
Dig Liver Dis 47:261-70. 2015..This review of the literature summarizes current experience in the use of such grafts in the context of cadaveric, domino, and living-related liver transplantation. ..
- Production of infectious hepatitis C virus in primary cultures of human adult hepatocytesPhilippe Podevin
INSERM, Equipe Avenir Virologie de l Hépatite C, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 139:1355-64. 2010..We sought to develop such a system...
- Early and resectable HCC: Definition and validation of a subgroup of patients who could avoid liver transplantationOlivier Scatton
Departments of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Surg Oncol 111:1007-15. 2015..The present study aimed at defining the population in which primary liver resection (LR) could represent the best alternative to LT...
- Regression of Hypervascular Nodules in a Patient with Wilson's Disease Awaiting Liver TransplantationAlcindo Pissaia
Liver Transplant Unit and Radiology Department, Hopital Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, 75679 Paris, France
J Transplant 2009:597371. 2009..To our knowledge, the regression of large hypervascular nodules has not previously been reported in patients with Wilson's disease...
- [Immunosuppression after liver transplantation]Yvon Calmus
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Paris Cedex 14, France
Presse Med 38:1307-13. 2009..New chemical agents, capable of acting on new and more specific pathways, are in phase II/III testing...
- Biliary administration of naked DNA encoding Fas-Fc protein prevents acute liver failure in miceDelphine Poussin
Laboratoire d Immunologie, AP HP, Faculte Cochin, Universite Paris V, France
Hum Gene Ther 13:901-8. 2002..In conclusion, naked pDNA encoding Fas-Fc is efficiently expressed by hepatocytes after biliary gene transfer in mice. This method, devoid of virus-related risks, could be considered for the treatment of Fas-mediated ALF in humans...
- Immunosuppressive therapy in liver transplantationFilomena Conti
Department of Surgery, Hopital Cochin, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
J Hepatol 39:664-78. 2003
- Subjective parameters markedly limit the referral of transplantation candidates to liver transplant centresGwenaelle Vidal-Trecan
Public Health Unit Risk Management and Quality of Care, Paris Centre University Hospital Group, AP HP, Paris, France
Liver Int 36:555-62. 2016..The aim of this study was to clarify the factors determining this initial step...
- Multicenter Experience with Boceprevir or Telaprevir to Treat Hepatitis C Recurrence after Liver Transplantation: When Present Becomes Past, What Lessons for Future?Audrey Coilly
AP HP Hopital Paul Brousse, Centre Hepato Biliaire, Villejuif, F 94800, France, Universite Paris Sud, UMR S 785, Villejuif, F 94800, France, INSERM, Unite 785, Villejuif, F 94800, France, Hepatinov, Villejuif, F 94800, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0138091. 2015..We have investigated the efficacy and tolerance of this triple therapy in transplanted patients experiencing a recurrence of HCV infection on the liver graft...
- Preventive administration of UDCA after liver transplantation for primary biliary cirrhosis is associated with a lower risk of disease recurrenceAlexie Bosch
Unite de Transplantation Hepatique, Fédération des spécialités digestives, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
J Hepatol 63:1449-58. 2015..Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) is a safe and effective treatment for PBC. However, whether preventive administration of UDCA after LT could lower the incidence of PBC recurrence is unknown...
- Infection of Human Liver Myofibroblasts by Hepatitis C Virus: A Direct Mechanism of Liver Fibrosis in Hepatitis CLynda Aoudjehane
Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 938, CdR Saint Antoine, F 75005, Paris, France INSERM, UMR_S 938, CdR Saint Antoine, F 75012, Paris, France Human HepCell, Hopital Saint Antoine, F 75012 Paris, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0134141. 2015..The aim of this study was to determine if HCV might infect human liver myofibroblasts (HLMF) and directly stimulate their fibrogenic activities...
- Prognostic value of quantitative Kaposi sarcoma--associated herpesvirus load in posttransplantation Kaposi sarcomaClaire Pellet
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 186:110-3. 2002..01). Thus, quantification of KSHV load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells could represent a useful tool for monitoring transplant recipients with KS...
- Outcome of orthotopic liver transplantation in autoimmune hepatitis according to subtypesPierre Cattan
Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Cochin, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Transpl Int 15:34-8. 2002..The 6-year actuarial survival rates for type I and type II patients were 76% and 43%, respectively. Type II AIH patients who have a poor response to medical therapy should be considered for OLT with a shortened delay...
- Immunoprophylaxis with basiliximab, a chimeric anti-interleukin-2 receptor monoclonal antibody, in combination with azathioprine-containing triple therapy in liver transplant recipientsYvon Calmus
Hopital Cochin, Service de Transplantation Hépatique, Paris, France
Liver Transpl 8:123-31. 2002....
- Autoimmune pancytopenia as an early complication of liver transplantation: report of one caseCharikleia Kelaidi
Department of Hematology, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1951-3. 2004..We believe that the immune pancytopenia was due to the passive transfer of donor's lymphocytes within the graft and their persistence in peripheral blood in the recipient...
- Role of regulatory T-cells during hepatitis C infection: From the acute phase to post-transplantation recurrenceClément Barjon
Sorbonne University, UPMC Univ Paris 6, Inserm UMRS 938, CdR Saint Antoine, Paris, France Electronic address
Dig Liver Dis 47:913-7. 2015..The molecular mechanisms involved in increasing the number of regulatory T cells are also discussed, as are data regarding the impact of regulatory T-cells on hepatic fibrosis in the context of hepatitis C viral infection. ..
- [Risks and precautions for the use of lamivudine in patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infection]Tony Andreani
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:51-6. 2002
- Refractory chylothorax in hepatic cirrhosis: successful treatment by transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shuntOlivier Vignaux
Department of Radiology, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Thorac Imaging 17:233-6. 2002....
- Scurvy in liver transplant patientsHéloïse Hatuel
Department of Dermatology, Cochin Hospital APHP, Faculty of Medicine Paris 5, University of Rene Descartes, Paris, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:154-6. 2006..Skin biopsies suggest vitamin C deficiency, which was confirmed by a low level of vitamin C in both sera and leukocyte specimens. Skin lesions dramatically improved within a few weeks after supplementation with ascorbic acid...