- Phase II study of preoperative radiation plus concurrent daily tegafur-uracil (UFT) with leucovorin for locally advanced rectal cancerPatrice Cellier
Centre Paul Papin, Angers, France
BMC Cancer 11:98. 2011..We also performed a validated pretherapy assessment of DPD activity and assessed its potential influence on the tolerability of UFT treatment...
- Radiotherapy with concomitant weekly docetaxel for Stages III/IV oropharynx carcinoma. Results of the 98-02 GORTEC Phase II trialGilles Calais
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Tours, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:161-6. 2004..We designed a prospective Phase II clinical trial to evaluate the addition of weekly chemotherapy using Docetaxel during standard radiation therapy in patients with Stages III and IV oropharynx carcinoma...
- TPF: a rational choice for larynx preservation?Gilles Calais
Oncologie radiothérapie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Tours, France
Oncologist 15:19-24. 2010..TPF is now the accepted standard induction chemotherapy regimen for future clinical trials in resectable disease. Methods for improving postinduction treatment strategies are being explored...
- [Adenocarcinomas of the distal esophagus and cardia. Anatomy and volume of irradiation]G Calais
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 2, Bd Tonnelle, 37044 Tours, France
Cancer Radiother 5:84s-89s. 2001..CTV encompasses GTV plus safety margin and lymph nodes areas considered to harbor potential microscopic disease. The extent of prophylactic lymph node irradiation depends on the anatomic location of the primary tumor...
- [Gross tumor volume and clinical target volume: esophageal tumors]G Calais
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, CHU, 2, boulevard Tonnelle, 37044 Tours, France
Cancer Radiother 5:515-22. 2001..CTV encompasses GTV plus a safety margin and lymph node areas considered to harbour potential microscopic disease. The extent of prophylactic lymph node irradiation depends on the anatomic location of the primary tumour...
- [Radiation and concomitant chemotherapy after surgery for breast cancer]G Calais
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, Hopital Bretonneau, 2, boulevard Tonnelle, 37044 Tours, France
Cancer Radiother 8:39-47. 2004..A randomized phase III trials has been conducted to compare sequential treatment with chemotherapy first and radiation versus concomitant treatments. Preliminary results of this study are presented...
- [Stage III and IV cancers of the oropharynx: results of a randomized study of Gortec comparing radiotherapy alone with concomitant chemotherapy]G Calais
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, Hopital Bretonneau, Tours
Bull Cancer 87:48-53. 2000..The statistically significant improvement in overall survival obtained support the use of concomitant chemotherapy as an adjunct to radiotherapy in the management of carcinoma of the oropharynx...
- Randomized trial of radiation therapy versus concomitant chemotherapy and radiation therapy for advanced-stage oropharynx carcinomaG Calais
G Calais, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Tours, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:2081-6. 1999..e., advanced oropharynx carcinoma)...
- [Accelerated partial breast irradiation following breast conservative surgery. A review of the literature]G Calais
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, Hopital Bretonneau, 2, boulevard Tonnelle, 37044 Tours, France
Cancer Radiother 7:124s-128s. 2003..This is a review of the literature data on this topic...
- [Docetaxel and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck]Gilles Calais
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, Hopital Bretonneau, 2, Bd Tonnelle, 37044 Tours
Bull Cancer 91:167-71. 2004..Docetaxel is a radiosensitizer. Concurrent radiochemotherapy using docetaxel alone is feasible, Trials are needed to define the optimal regimen for combining radiation, platinum and docetaxel...
- Final results of the 94-01 French Head and Neck Oncology and Radiotherapy Group randomized trial comparing radiotherapy alone with concomitant radiochemotherapy in advanced-stage oropharynx carcinomaFabrice Denis
Clinique d Oncologie et Radiothérapie, Hopital Bretonneau, 2 Blvd Tonnelé, 37044 Tours, France
J Clin Oncol 22:69-76. 2004....
- Randomized trial of induction chemotherapy with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil with or without docetaxel for larynx preservationYoann Pointreau
Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire, Henry Kaplan Center, Clinique d Oncologie et de Radiothérapie, Tours, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:498-506. 2009..Data suggest that docetaxel (T) may add to the efficacy of PF. The objective of this trial was to determine whether adding T to PF could increase the larynx preservation rate...
- Phase III trial of concurrent or sequential adjuvant chemoradiotherapy after conservative surgery for early-stage breast cancer: final results of the ARCOSEIN trialAlain Toledano
Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Kaplan, Hopital Bretonneau, Tours, France
J Clin Oncol 25:405-10. 2007..This report presents the clinical results with a median follow-up of 60 months...
- Concomitant chemoradiotherapy using carboplatin, tegafur-uracil and leucovorin for stage III and IV head-and-neck cancer: results of GORTEC Phase II studyMelanie Fesneau
Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Kaplan Center, Tours, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:154-63. 2010..The objective of this Phase II study was to evaluate the feasibility and efficacy of a concomitant treatment using tegafur-uracil, leucovorin, carboplatin, and radiotherapy...
- Late toxicity results of the GORTEC 94-01 randomized trial comparing radiotherapy with concomitant radiochemotherapy for advanced-stage oropharynx carcinoma: comparison of LENT/SOMA, RTOG/EORTC, and NCI-CTC scoring systemsFabrice Denis
Clinique d Oncologie et de Radiothérapie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Tours, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:93-8. 2003..To prospectively assess 5-year late toxicity in patients treated by concomitant radiochemotherapy for locally advanced oropharynx carcinoma using three different toxicity scales...
- Depression is associated with some patient-perceived cosmetic changes, but not with radiotherapy-induced late toxicity, in long-term breast cancer survivorsPaul Brunault
CHRU de Tours, Tours, France
Psychooncology 22:590-7. 2013..Our study aimed to assess the link between patient and doctor ratings of breast cosmetic outcomes, late radiotherapy toxicity, and depression in LTBCS...
- Relationship between 5-fluorouracil exposure and outcome in patients receiving continuous venous infusion with or without concomitant radiotherapyMaud Beneton
Department of Pharmacology, CHRU de Tours, Tours, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:613-21. 2007..We investigated the plasma concentration-effect relationship for this regimen, with the aim of developing recommendations for dose adjustment...
- Induction chemotherapy in head and neck cancer: a new paradigmYoann Pointreau
Radiotherapy Unit, Cancerology Regional University Henry S Kaplan Center of Tours, Bretonneau Hospital, Tours, France
Anticancer Drugs 22:613-20. 2011..This review summarizes the rationale, these data, and perspectives on induction chemotherapy-based strategies...
- [Non surgical treatment approach for head and neck cancer]Yoann Pointreau
Clinique d Oncologie Radiothérapie, centre de cancérologie H S Kaplan, Hopital Bretonneau, CHRU de Tours, 37044 Tours
Rev Prat 56:1677-83. 2006..Supportive care is daily employed to increase the quality of life...
- [Impact of late treatment-related radiotherapy toxicity, depression, and anxiety on quality of life in long-term breast cancer survivors]Paul Brunault
CHRU de Tours, 2, boulevard Tonnelle, 37000 Tours, France
Bull Cancer 99:589-98. 2012..1 years) for late radiotherapy toxicity (LENT-SOMA scale), patient and doctor ratings of breast cosmetic outcomes, QoL (EORTC QLQ-C30), depression and anxiety (Hospital and Anxiety Depression scale)...
- Cetuximab pharmacokinetics influences overall survival in head and neck cancer patientsYoann Pointreau
aUniversité François Rabelais de Tours, CNRS, GICC UMR 7292, Tours, France bChru de Tours, Service de Radiotherapie, Tours, France cChru de Tours, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Toxicologie
Ther Drug Monit . 2016....
- alpha-Linolenic acid content of adipose breast tissue: a host determinant of the risk of early metastasis in breast cancerP Bougnoux
Laboratoire de Biologie des Tumeurs, Tours, France
Br J Cancer 70:330-4. 1994..These results suggest that host alpha-linolenic acid has a specific role in the metastatic process in vivo. Further understanding of the biology of this essential fatty acid of the n-3 series is needed in breast carcinoma...
- Cytotoxic drugs efficacy correlates with adipose tissue docosahexaenoic acid level in locally advanced breast carcinomaP Bougnoux
, , Tours, France
Br J Cancer 79:1765-9. 1999..03). These results suggest that, in breast cancer, 22:6 n-3 may increase the response of the tumour to the cytotoxic agents used...
- [Prognostic value of the number of involved nodes after neck dissection in oropharyngeal and oral cavity carcinoma]F Denis
Clinique d Oncologie et de Radiothérapie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 37044 Tours, France
Cancer Radiother 5:12-22. 2001..To evaluate the relationship between the number of positive nodes and probabilities of locoregional control and survival in patients with invasive squamous cell carcinomas of the oral cavity and oropharynx...
- Rectal cancerJean Louis Legoux
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital du Haut leveque, CHU de Bordeaux, Pessac
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:2S43-2S51. 2006
- Altered fractionated radiotherapy in the management of head and neck carcinomas: advantages and limitationsJean Bourhis
Institut Gustave Roussy, Radiation Oncology and Statistic Departments, Villejuif, France
Curr Opin Oncol 16:215-9. 2004..This article provides an overview of randomized studies of altered fractionated radiotherapy (RT) in Head and Neck squamous cell carcinoma...
- Enhanced tumorocidal effect of chemotherapy with preoperative radiotherapy for rectal cancer: preliminary results--EORTC 22921Jean Francois Bosset
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Besançon, France
J Clin Oncol 23:5620-7. 2005..We investigated the effect of adding CT on the pathologic parameters...
- French multicenter phase III randomized study testing concurrent twice-a-day radiotherapy and cisplatin/5-fluorouracil chemotherapy (BiRCF) in unresectable pharyngeal carcinoma: Results at 2 years (FNCLCC-GORTEC)Rene Jean Bensadoun
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Nice, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:983-94. 2006..Unresectable carcinomas of the oropharynx and hypopharynx still have a poor long-term prognosis. Following a previous phase II study, this phase III multicenter trial was conducted between November 1997 and March 2002...
- A well-tolerated 5-FU-based treatment subsequent to severe capecitabine-induced toxicity in a DPD-deficient patientHelene Blasco
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:966-70. 2008
- Randomized clinical trial of post-operative radiotherapy versus concomitant carboplatin and radiotherapy for head and neck cancers with lymph node involvementSeverine Racadot
Centre Leon Berard, Department of Radiation Oncology, Lyon, France
Radiother Oncol 87:164-72. 2008..We report the results of a randomized trial testing post-operative radiotherapy alone versus concomitant carboplatin and radiotherapy for head and neck cancers with lymph node involvement...
- Patients with curative resection of cT3-4 rectal cancer after preoperative radiotherapy or radiochemotherapy: does anybody benefit from adjuvant fluorouracil-based chemotherapy? A trial of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer RadLaurence Collette
Statistics Department, European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 25:4379-86. 2007..We further explored the data with the aim of refining our understanding of the long-term results...
- Quality of surgery in T3-4 rectal cancer: involvement of circumferential resection margin not influenced by preoperative treatment. Results from EORTC trial 22921Marcel den Dulk
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 43:1821-8. 2007....
- Concurrent administration of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery enhances late toxicities: long-term results of the ARCOSEIN multicenter randomized studyAlain Toledano
Department of Radiotherapy, Hospital Tenon AP HP, Paris, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:324-32. 2006..After a median follow-up of 6.7 years (range, 4.3-9 years), we decided to prospectively evaluate the late effects of these 2 strategies...
- Docetaxel plus gemcitabine in recurrent and/or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a phase II multicenter studyJean Luc Labourey
CHU Dupuytren, Limoges, France
Am J Clin Oncol 30:278-82. 2007..This phase II study was conducted to assess the efficacy of docetaxel plus gemcitabine in locally recurrent and/or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck...
- Does concurrent radiochemotherapy affect cosmetic results in the adjuvant setting after breast-conserving surgery? Results of the ARCOSEIN multicenter, Phase III study: patients' and doctors' viewsAlain H Toledano
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:66-72. 2007..To evaluate the cosmetic results of sequential vs. concurrent adjuvant chemotherapy with radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery for breast cancer, and to compare ratings by patients and physicians...
- Chemotherapy with preoperative radiotherapy in rectal cancerJean Francois Bosset
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
N Engl J Med 355:1114-23. 2006..Preoperative radiotherapy is recommended for selected patients with rectal cancer. We evaluated the addition of chemotherapy to preoperative radiotherapy and the use of postoperative chemotherapy in the treatment of rectal cancer...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of miconazole 50-mg mucoadhesive buccal tablets with miconazole 500-mg gel in the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis: a prospective, randomized, single-blind, multicenter, comparative, phase III trial in patients Rene Jean Bensadoun
Department of Radiation Oncology, Antoine Lacassagne Center, Nice, France
Cancer 112:204-11. 2008..The objective of the current study was to compare MBT with miconazole 500-mg oral gel (MOG) in patients with head and neck cancer...
- A prescription and administration error of cisplatin: a case reportXavier Pourrat
Pharmacy Department, University Hospital of Tours, 2 boulevard Tonnell, 37044 Tours Cedex, France
Pharm World Sci 26:64-5. 2004..The medication error was identified as wrong prescription copying by a junior prescriber and the prescription was validated by mistake by the pharmacist in charge of dispensing...
- Preliminary data of the GORTEC 2000-02 phase III trial comparing intravenous and subcutaneous administration of amifostine for head and neck tumors treated by external radiotherapyEtienne Bardet
CRLCC Nantes Atlantique, Nantes, France
Semin Oncol 29:57-60. 2002..More patients and data are required to assess the long-term efficacy of SC administration on acute and late xerostomia...