- Cells with intense EGFR staining and a high nuclear to cytoplasmic ratio are specific for infiltrative glioma: a useful marker in neuropathological practiceFanny Burel-Vandenbos
Corresponding Author Fanny Burel Vandenbos, MD, Laboratoire Central d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Pasteur, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06000 Nice, France
Neuro Oncol 15:1278-88. 2013....
- EGFR mutation status in brain metastases of non-small cell lung carcinomaFanny Burel-Vandenbos
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Nice, Nice, France
J Neurooncol 111:1-10. 2013....
- [An unusual tumor of the adrenal gland]Fanny Burel-Vandenbos
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Pasteur, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06000 Nice
Ann Pathol 25:386-8. 2005..The proper identification of this benign tumor in the adrenal gland and the knowledge of its differential diagnosis deserve attention to avoid invasive treatment...
- [An unusual and misleading form of pilocytic astrocytoma]Fanny Burel-Vandenbos
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Pasteur, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06000 Nice
Ann Pathol 26:126-8. 2006..This unusual form of pilocytic astrocytoma can be mistaken for a high grade infiltrating glioma. Pilomyxoid astrocytoma is more aggressive than classic pilocytic astrocytoma and has to be distinguished from it...
- EGFR immunolabeling pattern may discriminate low-grade gliomas from gliosisFanny Burel-Vandenbos
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Nice, Nice, France
J Neurooncol 102:171-8. 2011..As all low-grade gliomas contained strongly-stained cells in our study, we believe that EGFR immunohistochemistry could be a useful tool for detection of neoplastic glial cells in case of indeterminate glial lesions...
- [A histologic study of brain in fatal cerebral malaria]Fanny Burel-Vandenbos
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Pasteur, CHU de Nice, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06000 Nice, France
Ann Pathol 28:495-7. 2008..Rarely, malaria is unknown before histological examination and the diagnosis is based on the identification of specific histological features. We report a case of sudden death due to cerebral malaria diagnosed on autopsy findings...
- A novel case of t(X;1)(p11.2;p34) in a renal cell carcinoma with TFE3 rearrangement and favorable outcome in a 57-year-old patientJuliette Haudebourg
Department of Pathology, Nice University Hospital, 33 Avenue Valombrose, Nice Cedex 1, France
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 200:75-8. 2010..This observation confirms that Xp11.2-RCC are very likely to be underestimated in adults older than 40 years, and it highlights the importance of performing immunohistochemical and cytogenetic analyses in RCC for accurate diagnosis...
- [Papillary meningioma: a very rare and aggressive variant of meningioma]Maxime Benchetrit
Laboratoire Central d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Pasteur, CHU de Nice, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06000 Nice, France
Ann Pathol 33:49-52. 2013..Differential diagnosis included other primitive or secondary intracranial papillary neoplasms. MP diagnosis should not be missed due to its aggressive behavior with brain invasion, local recurrence and metastases...
- [An unusual furuncle]Nathalie Cardot-Leccia
Laboratoire Central d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Pasteur, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, BP 69, F 06002 Nice, France
Presse Med 37:1342-5. 2008
- Strength of molecular cytogenetic analyses for adjusting the diagnosis of renal cell carcinomas with both clear cells and papillary features: a study of three casesJuliette Haudebourg
Department of Pathology, Nice University Hospital, Nice, France
Virchows Arch 457:397-404. 2010..Our observations demonstrate the necessity to use immunohistochemical and cytogenetic tools in all cases of RCC showing unusual features. The combination of FISH and SNP arrays is prevailing for characterizing cases with hybrid features...
- [Escherichia coli bacteremic urinary tract infections. Clinical aspects and pronostic factors]Frederic Vandenbos
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, hôpital de l Archet 1, CHU de Nice
Presse Med 33:847-51. 2004..To describe patients with bacteremia from urinary tract infection caused by Escherichia coli and investigate risk factors for mortality...
- Tumorigenic potential of miR-18A* in glioma initiating cells requires NOTCH-1 signalingLaurent Turchi
Université de Nice Sophia, Nice, France
Stem Cells 31:1252-65. 2013..Hence, by tightly regulating expression of DLL3, miR-18a* constitutes an important signaling mediator for fine tuning the level of GiC self-renewal...
- [Ependymal variant of dysembryoplastic neuro-epithelial tumor]Fanny Burel-Vandenbos
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU de Nice
Ann Pathol 27:320-3. 2007..We are not aware of any other case of DNET with ependymal differentiation in the literature. Our observation suggests that the glial component of DNET may show an ependymal differentiation...
- A Positive Feed-forward Loop Associating EGR1 and PDGFA Promotes Proliferation and Self-renewal in Glioblastoma Stem CellsNathalie Sakakini
From the Universit Nice Sophia Antipolis, CNRS, INSERM, iBV, 06108 Nice, France, INSERM, U1090, Transcriptomic and Genomic Marseille Luminy Technical Advances for Genomics and Clinics TGML TAGC, Marseille F 13009, France, UMR_S 1090, TGML TAGC, Aix Marseille Universit, Marseille F 13009, France
J Biol Chem 291:10684-99. 2016..In addition, we demonstrate that EGR1 acts as a positive regulator of several important genes, including SHH, GLI1, GLI2, and PDGFA, previously linked to the maintenance and proliferation of glioma stemlike cells...
- [Gliomas and BRCA genes mutations: fortuitous association or imputability?]Laura Girardstein-Boccara
CHU Pasteur, Fédération de neuro oncologie, Neurologie, 30, Voie Romaine, 06000 Nice, France
Bull Cancer 101:795-802. 2014..Other clinical and experimental studies are necessary to precise the physiopathological link existing between BRCA mutations and the occurrence of a glioma; this could have therapeutical and clinical implications in the future. ..
- Fatal peritonitis caused by Rhizopus microsporusHerve Hyvernat
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Archet 1 Hospital, Nice, France
Med Mycol 48:1096-8. 2010..The histopathologic examination of the colon tissue demonstrated the presence of broad, non-septate hyphae and the same fungus was again isolated in culture...
- Molecular cytogenetic characterization of a metastatic lung sarcomatoid carcinoma: 9p23 neocentromere and 9p23-p24 amplification including JAK2 and JMJD2CAntoine Italiano
Laboratory of Solid Tumors Genetics, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice and CNRS UMR 6543, Faculte de Medecine, 28 Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice, France
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 167:122-30. 2006..The frequency of neocentromere formation in solid tumors may indeed be underestimated and may have a significant implication in chromosomal instability in tumor cells...