- Serum bilirubin and platelet count: a simple predictive model for survival in patients with refractory ascites treated by TIPSChristophe Bureau
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive, CHU Toulouse Purpan, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
J Hepatol 54:901-7. 2011..A more accurate selection of the patients might improve these results. The aim of the present study was to identify parameters of prognostic value for survival in patients with refractory ascites treated with TIPS...
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts With Covered Stents Increase Transplant-Free Survival of Patients With Cirrhosis and Recurrent AscitesChristophe Bureau
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hôpital Purpan Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Toulouse, Toulouse Cedex, France Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, Toulouse Cedex, France Electronic address
Gastroenterology . 2016..We performed a randomized controlled trial to determine the effects of TIPS with stents covered with polytetrafluoroethylene in these patients...
- Central obesity is associated with non-cirrhotic portal vein thrombosisChristophe Bureau
Service d hépato gastro entérologie CHU Toulouse Hôpital Purpan et Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France Electronic address
J Hepatol 64:427-32. 2016..An association between metabolic syndrome (MetS) and peripheral vein thrombosis has been reported but not with PVT, to date. The aim of this study was to investigate the association between MetS and PVT...
- Improved clinical outcome using polytetrafluoroethylene-coated stents for TIPS: results of a randomized studyChristophe Bureau
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Purpan et U531 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Toulouse, France
Gastroenterology 126:469-75. 2004..Preliminary experimental and clinical studies suggest that the use of stents covered with polytetrafluoroethylene could tremendously decrease this risk...
- [Role of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic stents (TIPS) in the prevention of recurrent bleeding due to portal hypertension]Christophe Bureau
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive, CHU Purpan
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:587-9. 2003
- Transient elastography accurately predicts presence of significant portal hypertension in patients with chronic liver diseaseC Bureau
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive, Purpan, CHU, Toulouse, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:1261-8. 2008..Hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) is a prognostic marker in patients with cirrhosis. Transient elastography measures liver stiffness (LS)...
- Patency of stents covered with polytetrafluoroethylene in patients treated by transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts: long-term results of a randomized multicentre studyChristophe Bureau
Federation Digestive Purpan, Service Hepato Gastro Enterologie CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Liver Int 27:742-7. 2007..In conclusion, the improvement in TIPS patency by using covered prostheses is maintained over time with a decreased risk of encephalopathy, while the risk of death was not increased...
- "A La Carte" treatment of portal hypertension: Adapting medical therapy to hemodynamic response for the prevention of bleedingChristophe Bureau
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Federation Digestive Purpan, CHU Toulouse, France and INSERM, U531, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Hepatology 36:1361-6. 2002..In conclusion, hemodynamic response to drug therapy identifies patients who are efficiently protected from variceal bleeding as well as nonresponders in whom an alternative treatment should be considered...
- Covered stents for TIPS: are all problems solved?Christophe Bureau
Federation Digestive Purpan, Toulouse, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:581-3. 2006..Hence, controlled studies are needed to re-assess the role of TIPS using covered stents in the management of portal hypertension...
- Expression of the transcription factor Klf6 in cirrhosis, macronodules, and hepatocellular carcinomaChristophe Bureau
INSERM U858, Federation Digestive Purpan, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:78-86. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare gene expression profiling between cirrhotic tissues, MN, and HCC, to identify genes early involved in liver carcinogenesis...
- Do kidney histology lesions predict long-term kidney function after liver transplantation?Nassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Organ Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Clin Transplant 26:927-34. 2012..Long-term kidney function seems to be predicted by the kidney vascular lesions...
- Liver stiffness accurately predicts portal hypertension related complications in patients with chronic liver disease: a prospective studyMarie Angèle Robic
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Pôle Digestif CHU Toulouse, Purpan 31059, Toulouse Cedex, France
J Hepatol 55:1017-24. 2011..LS could therefore be useful to identify patients with significant PHT. The aim of the present study was to prospectively assess and to compare the prognostic performances of LS and HVPG in patients with chronic liver disease...
- Liver histology in patients with sporadic acute hepatitis E: a study of 11 patients from South-West FranceJean Marie Peron
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, CHU Purpan and INSERM U 531, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, 31400, France
Virchows Arch 450:405-10. 2007..Characteristic pathological signs of acute hepatitis E were severe intralobular necrosis, polymorph inflammation, and acute cholangitis with numerous neutrophils...
- Tolerance of liver biopsy in a tertiary care center: comparison of the percutaneous and the transvenous route in 143 prospectively followed patientsBogdan Procopet
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Purpan Hospital, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1209-13. 2012..Transjugular liver biopsy (TJLB) is usually performed when a percutaneous liver biopsy (PLB) is contraindicated. TJLB is an invasive procedure and the patient's tolerance may be variable...
- Clinical characteristics and outcome of cirrhotic patients with high protein concentrations in ascites: a prospective studyMaeva Guillaume
aDepartment of Hepatology and Gastroenterology bDepartment of Anatomy and Cytopathology, Institut Universitaire du Cancer de Toulouse Oncopole cDepartment of Radiology, University Hospital of Toulouse, University Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:1268-74. 2016..However, some cirrhotic patients have high-protein ascites (HPA)...
- De novo donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies mediated rejection in liver-transplant patientsArnaud Del Bello
Department of Nephrology and Organ Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Transpl Int 28:1371-82. 2015..Only one patient required retransplantation. Patient- and graft-survival rates did not differ between patients with and without DSAs. In conclusion, liver-transplant patients with liver abnormalities should be screened for DSAs and AMR. ..
- [The role of TIPS in the treatment of refractory ascites]Jean Marie Peron
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Fédération Digestive, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:341-6. 2007
- Successful treatment of fibrosing cholestatic hepatitis with pegylated interferon, ribavirin and sofosbuvir after a combined kidney-liver transplantationCyrielle Delabaudière
Department of Nephrology and Organ Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Transpl Int 28:255-8. 2015..Antiviral tolerance was good. We conclude that the use of sofosbuvir-based anti-HCV therapy can be successfully used to treat FCH after a liver or combined kidney-liver transplantation. ..
- Treatment of hepatorenal syndrome as defined by the international ascites club by albumin and furosemide infusion according to the central venous pressure: a prospective pilot studyJean Marie Peron
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Am J Gastroenterol 100:2702-7. 2005..7 wks from the time of diagnosis. The aim of the present study was to examine the effects of albumin and furosemide administration tailored to central venous pressure (CVP) on renal function and clinical outcome...
- Outcomes of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma are determined in multidisciplinary team meetingsBérénice Charriere
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Hépatobiliaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Rangueil, Université Paul Sabatier III, Toulouse, France
J Surg Oncol . 2016..To analyze overall survival (OS) rates for the three curative treatments of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) on an intention-to-treat (ITT) basis...
- Hepatitis E is an autochthonous disease in industrialized countries. Analysis of 23 patients in South-West France over a 13-month period and comparison with hepatitis AJean Marie Peron
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive Fédération Digestive, CHU Toulouse, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:757-62. 2006..The aim of this study was to describe patients with acute hepatitis E in South West France and compare them with patients with acute hepatitis A...
- The silencing of microRNA 148a production by DNA hypermethylation is an early event in pancreatic carcinogenesisNaima Hanoun
INSERM, U858, Toulouse, France
Clin Chem 56:1107-18. 2010..We also sought to investigate whether these differentially methylated regions can serve as a diagnostic marker for PDAC...
- Immunologically silent autochthonous acute hepatitis E virus infection in FranceJean Michel Mansuy
Virology Laboratory, Purpan University Hospital, 31059 Toulouse, France
J Clin Microbiol 42:912-3. 2004..We report on an autochthonous case in southwestern France in which the diagnosis was based on molecular tools rather than serological testing...
- Treatment of experimental murine pancreatic peritoneal carcinomatosis with fibroblasts genetically modified to express IL12: a role for peritoneal innate immunityJ M Peron
INSERM U531, Toulouse, France
Gut 56:107-14. 2007..1 months. This is mainly due to lack of effective treatment. Interleukin 12 (IL12) is a proinflammatory cytokine that has a potent antitumoral effect by stimulating innate and adoptive immunity...
- Study of host- and virus-related factors associated with spontaneous hepatitis C virus clearanceL Alric
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Tissue Antigens 56:154-8. 2000..004). In conclusion, spontaneous hepatitis C virus RNA clearance is determined by class II antigens (mainly DQB1*0301) and female sex, while viral genotype plays no role...
- Fulminant liver failure from acute autochthonous hepatitis E in France: description of seven patients with acute hepatitis E and encephalopathyJ M Peron
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, CHU Toulouse Hôpital Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Viral Hepat 14:298-303. 2007..Acute nontravel-associated hepatitis E can appear as fulminant hepatitis with encephalopathy and coagulation disorders. Prognosis is severe and this may be due to the age at which it occurs and frequent underlying chronic liver disease...
- Maintenance therapy with gradual reduction of the interferon dose over one year improves histological response in patients with chronic hepatitis C with biochemical response: results of a randomized trialL Alric
Service de Médecine Interne Fédération Digestive, Hĵpital Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Hepatol 35:272-8. 2001..Our aim was to assess whether histological response was improved by continuing interferon-alpha (IFN) treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C (HCV) with a biochemical response and no viral clearance after a usual IFN treatment...
- Multicenter prospective validation of the Baveno IV and Baveno II/III criteria in cirrhosis patients with variceal bleedingDominique Thabut
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, APHP, UPMC, Paris, France
Hepatology 61:1024-32. 2015..65 for Baveno IV versus Baveno II/III and Baveno V criteria (P=0.001 for both). ABRI did not improve the diagnostic performance of the Baveno IV criteria. The Baveno IV, but not Baveno II/III, criteria independently predicted survival...
- Treatment of autochthonous acute hepatitis E with short-term ribavirin: a multicenter retrospective studyJean Marie Peron
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Purpan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Universite Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
Liver Int 36:328-33. 2016..We hypothesized that early short-term treatment of acute HEV infection may be useful for patients with risk factors or undergoing chemotherapy...
- Pretransplant urinary proteome analysis does not predict development of chronic kidney disease after liver transplantationDavid Milongo
Department of Nephrology and Organ Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Liver Int 35:1893-901. 2015....
- [How to prevent first variceal bleeding?]Christophe Bureau
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Fédération Digestive, CHU Purpan, Toulouse
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:B44-52. 2004
- Kidney histology and function in liver transplant patientsNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Organ Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2355-61. 2011..Chronic kidney disease is a common complication after liver transplantation. However, few reports regarding kidney histology exist for this setting...
- Nonstructural 3 protein of hepatitis C virus triggers an oxidative burst in human monocytes via activation of NADPH oxidaseC Bureau
, UPRES EA 2405, Macrophages, , Institut Louis Bugnard INSERM IFR31, CHU Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse Cedex 04, France
J Biol Chem 276:23077-83. 2001..These results indicate that NS3 activates NADPH oxidase and modulates ROS production, which may be involved in the natural history of hepatitis C infection...
- KLF6 transcription factor protects hepatocellular carcinoma-derived cells from apoptosisE Sirach
INSERM U858, I2MR, Toulouse, France
Cell Death Differ 14:1202-10. 2007..Finally, KLF6 silencing caused p53 upregulation and inhibited Bcl-xL expression, to induce cell death by apoptosis. Taken together, these data demonstrated that KLF6 is essential for HCC-derived cells to evade apoptosis...
- Management of failures of first line treatmentsC Bureau
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU Purpan, et INSERM U858, Toulouse, France
Dig Liver Dis 40:343-7. 2008..When such a procedure is contra-indicated and in patients on the waiting list, a Transjugular intra-hepatic porto-systemic shunt (TIPS) should be performed...
- Prolonged hepatitis E in an immunocompromised patientJean Marie Peron
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1223-4. 2006
- Diagnostic accuracy of the Multistix 8 SG reagent strip in diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitisJean Baptiste Nousbaum
Services d Hépato Gastroentérologie de, Brest, U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 45:1275-81. 2007..04). Using a threshold of 2+ for positivity of the reagent strip, sensitivity was 45.3% for the diagnosis of SBP, specificity was 99.2%, positive predictive value was 77.9%, and negative predictive value was 96.9%...
- Preliminary results of a new expanded-polytetrafluoroethylene-covered stent-graft for transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt proceduresPhilippe Otal
Radiology Department, Rangueil Hospital, 1 Ave Jean Poulhès, 31403 Toulouse, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:141-7. 2002..The purpose of our study was to evaluate the feasibility and the safety of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS) with a new expanded-polytetrafluoroethylene-covered stent and the influence of the covering on occlusion rate...
- Segmental liver ischemia after TIPS procedure using a new PTFE-covered stentChristophe Bureau
Hepatology 36:1554. 2002
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosusJean Marie Peron
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:1297. 2004
- [Irbesartan induced acute hepatitis: one case]Jean Marie Peron
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:747-8. 2005
- [Quinine-induced hemolytic-uremic syndrome in a patient with cirrhosis]Christophe Bureau
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:420-1. 2003
- [Gabapentine-induced acute hepatitis]Christophe Bureau
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:1169-70. 2003
- [Acute hepatitis during pregnancy: hepatitis E virus must be considered]Jean Marie Peron
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:87. 2005
- Atrophy-hypertrophy complex in patients with cavernous transformation of the portal vein: CT evaluationValerie Vilgrain
Departments of Radiology and INSERM Unité 773 CRB3, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Beaujon, 100 bld Général Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
Radiology 241:149-55. 2006..To retrospectively evaluate the morphologic changes in the liver associated with cavernous transformation of the portal vein...