- Impact of lymphoma treatments on spermatogenesis and sperm deoxyribonucleic acid: a multicenter prospective study from the CECOS networkLouis Bujan
Universite de Toulouse, University Paul Sabatier, Groupe de Recherche en Fertilité Humaine Human Fertility Research Group and CECOS, Toulouse, France Fédération Française des CECOS, France, Paris Electronic address
Fertil Steril 102:667-674.e3. 2014..To determine consequences of lymphoma treatments on sperm characteristics and sperm DNA, and to evaluate predictors of sperm recovery...
- Studying the impact of early life exposures to pesticides on the risk of testicular germ cell tumors during adulthood (TESTIS project): study protocolRémi Béranger
unité cancer et environnement, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon, 08 Cedex, France
BMC Cancer 14:563. 2014..Reliable data on environmental exposure during this critical time period are sparse. Little is known on whether it could be a combined effect of early and later-life exposures...
- Impact of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for testicular germ cell tumors on spermatogenesis and sperm DNA: a multicenter prospective study from the CECOS networkLouis Bujan
Fédération Française des Centre d Étude et de Conservation des Œufs et du Sperme Humains CECOS, Paris, France
Fertil Steril 100:673-80. 2013..To determine the consequences of adjuvant testicular germ cell tumor treatment (TGCT) on sperm characteristics and sperm DNA, and to evaluate the predictors of sperm recovery...
- [Anonymity and gamete donation]L Bujan
CECOS Groupe d activité de Médecine de la Reproduction, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, CHU Toulouse et Université de Toulouse, UPS, Groupe de Recherche en Fertilité Humaine, EA 3694, Human Fertility Research Group, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, 31059 Toulouse, Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 40:8-15. 2012..The anonymity cannot be discussed without addressing all these links and the complexity of this particular mode of conception. To date, the French society has maintained the anonymity in the new law of bioethics...
- Azoospermic HIV-1 infected patients wishing to have children: proposed strategy to reduce HIV-1 transmission risk during sperm retrieval and intracytoplasmic sperm injection: Case ReportLouis Bujan
Universite Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, Research Group on Human Fertility, EA 3694, Toulouse, France
Hum Reprod 22:2377-81. 2007..METHODS; Sperm obtained by micro-epididymal sperm aspiration was frozen after density gradient preparation and tested for HIV-RNA and DNA. ICSI with frozen sperm was performed...
- Good efficiency of intrauterine insemination programme for serodiscordant couples with HIV-1 infected male partner: a retrospective comparative studyLouis Bujan
Universite Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, EA 3694, Research Group on Human Fertility, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 135:76-82. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficiency of sperm washing and intrauterine insemination (IUI) in these couples...
- Insemination with isolated and virologically tested spermatozoa is a safe way for human immunodeficiency type 1 virus-serodiscordant couples with an infected male partner to have a childLouis Bujan
CECOS Midi Pyrénées and Research Group on Human Fertility Hôpital Paule de Viguier, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 82:857-62. 2004..To enable serodiscordant couples to reproduce while minimizing the risk of infecting the female partner and to demonstrate the feasibility of including these couples in an insemination program...
- Safety and efficacy of sperm washing in HIV-1-serodiscordant couples where the male is infected: results from the European CREAThE networkLouis Bujan
University Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, EA 3694, Research Group on Human Fertility, Toulouse, France
AIDS 21:1909-14. 2007..To examine the safety and effectiveness of assisted reproduction using sperm washing for HIV-1-serodiscordant couples wishing to procreate where the male partner is infected...
- Decreased semen volume and spermatozoa motility in HIV-1-infected patients under antiretroviral treatmentLouis Bujan
University Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, EA 3694, Research Group on Human Fertility, and CECOS Midi Pyrénées, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, TSA 70034, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Androl 28:444-52. 2007..In HIV-1 patients, further longitudinal studies are required to analyze the impact of treatment regimen on sperm parameter alterations...
- Factors of intermittent HIV-1 excretion in semen and efficiency of sperm processing in obtaining spermatozoa without HIV-1 genomesLouis Bujan
CECOS Midi Pyrénées, the Research Group on Human Fertility and the Fédération de Gynécologie Obstétrique, University Hospital Paule de Viguier, Toulouse, France
AIDS 18:757-66. 2004..To study the risk factors for HIV-1 in semen according to the localization of HIV-1 in sperm cell fractions and to assess the efficiency of sperm processing in obtaining spermatozoa without HIV-1 genomes...
- Mild induced testicular and epididymal hyperthermia alters sperm chromatin integrity in menGulfam Ahmad
Universite de Toulouse, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 97:546-53. 2012..To investigate the effects of a mild induced testicular and epididymal hyperthermia (+2°C) on sperm chromatin integrity in men...
- Ribavirin and pegylated interferon treatment for hepatitis C was associated not only with semen alterations but also with sperm deoxyribonucleic acid fragmentation in humansStephane Pecou
Human Fertility Research Group, Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier EA 3694, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 91:933.e17-22. 2009..To report the effects of ribavirin plus pegylated interferon on semen parameters and sperm DNA integrity in a man given treatment for hepatitis C...
- Antiviral effect of maraviroc in semen: a case reportChristophe Pasquier
Laboratory of Virology, INSERM U1043, IFB, CHU de Toulouse, Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse 3, Toulouse, France
Antivir Ther 17:933-6. 2012..Adding maraviroc to HAART stopped the seminal shedding. We discuss the mechanisms involved and the effect on sexual transmission...
- Intermittent detection of hepatitis C virus (HCV) in semen from men with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) and HCVChristophe Pasquier
Laboratoire de Virologie, UFR des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Faculté de Médecine de Toulouse Purpan, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Med Virol 69:344-9. 2003..The intermittent detection of HCV RNA in semen samples support the systematic search for HCV RNA in semen and the use of processed spermatozoa in assisted medical procreation of infertile HCV serodiscordant couples...
- Decrease of mitochondrial DNA level in sperm from patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1 linked to nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitorsLynda Pavili
Universite de Toulouse, UPS, Groupe de Recherche en Fertilité Humaine EA 3694, Human Fertility Research Group, TSA 70034, CECOS Midi Pyrénées, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 94:2151-6. 2010..To study sperm parameters in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 and to analyze mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) in sperm according to the HIV treatment...
- Determining seminal plasma human immunodeficiency virus type 1 load in the context of efficient highly active antiretroviral therapyChristophe Pasquier
Service de Virologie, CHU de Toulouse, Institut Fédératif de Biologie, TSA40031, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, Toulouse F 31059, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:2883-7. 2009..This highlights the residual risk of HIV-1 transmission during unprotected intercourse and raises the question of the possible consequences of ineffective highly active antiretroviral therapy in the genital tract...
- Multicenter quality control of the detection of HIV-1 genome in semen before medically assisted procreationChristophe Pasquier
Laboratoire de Virologie, laboratoire de Spermiologie et CECOS Midi Pyrénées, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Med Virol 78:877-82. 2006..This first quality control highlights the need for technical improvements of the assays to detect and quantify HIV in semen fractions and for regular evaluation of their performance...
- Validation of an automated real-time PCR protocol for detection and quantitation of HIV and HCV genomes in semenChristophe Pasquier
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA2046 IFR30, Hopital Purpan, 31059 Toulouse, France
J Virol Methods 137:156-9. 2006..This automated protocol permits a convenient, standardized testing for HIV and HCV in semen. The performance is the same as that of the previous generation of automated assays but the cost and operating time are both reduced...
- Impact of diagnostic delay in testis cancer: results of a large population-based studyEric Huyghe
Human Fertility Research Group, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse University III, France Urology and Andrology Department, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse, France
Eur Urol 52:1710-6. 2007..Diagnostic delay (DD), defined as the time elapsing from the onset of tumour symptoms to the day of diagnosis, is a way to evaluate the rapidity of diagnosis. We assessed the relationship between DD, disease stage, and survival rate...
- Ten-year variation in semen parameters and sperm deoxyribonucleic acid integrity in a healthy fertile manMartin Sergerie
Human Fertility Research Group, Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier EA 3694, CECOS Midi Pyrénées, CHU Paule de Viguier, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 86:1513.e11-8. 2006..To report parameters in semen samples and sperm DNA integrity in a healthy fertile volunteer over a 10-year period...
- Functional testicular evaluation using PET/CT with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucoseLawrence Oliver Dierickx
Service of Nuclear Medicine, Institut Claudius Regaud, Toulouse, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:129-37. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the andrological value of a FDG PET/CT in analysing testicular function, by correlating the PET/CT data with the sperm parameters...
- Intermittent human immunodeficiency type 1 virus (HIV-1) shedding in semen and efficiency of sperm processing despite high seminal HIV-1 RNA levelsLouis Bujan
Centre d Etudes et de Conservation des Oeufs et du Sperme Humain, Midi Pyrénées and Research Group on Human Fertility, Service d Uro Andrologie, Hôpital La Grave, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 78:1321-3. 2002..In an HIV-1-infected man with intermittent seminal viral excretion, sperm processing was effective in obtaining spermatozoa without detectable HIV-1 genomes...
- Environmental, occupational and familial risks for testicular cancer: a hospital-based case-control studyMarie Walschaerts
Human Fertility Research Group EA 3694, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, TSA 70034, 31059 Toulouse, Cedex 9, France
Int J Androl 30:222-9. 2007....
- Treatment discontinuation in couples consulting for male infertility after failing to conceiveMarie Walschaerts
Universite de Toulouse, UPS, Groupe de Recherche en Fertilité Humaine EA 3694, Human Fertility Research Group, TSA 70034, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 99:1319-23. 2013..To evaluate rates and reasons for treatment discontinuation in couples with male factor infertility and who failed to conceive...
- Cumulative parenthood rates in 1735 couples: impact of male factor infertilityMarie Walschaerts
Universite de Toulouse, UPS, Groupe de Recherche en Fertilité Humaine EA 3694, Human Fertility Research Group, TSA 70034, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Hum Reprod 27:1184-90. 2012..However, infertility is a couple's concern, and the majority of publications do not take into consideration the true impact of male infertility on having the desired number of children...
- High risk of temporary alteration of semen parameters after recent acute febrile illnessMartin Sergerie
Human Fertility Research Group, Université Toulouse III Paul Sabatier EA 3694, Toulouse, France
Fertil Steril 88:970.e1-7. 2007..To report parameters in semen samples and sperm deoxyribonucleic acid integrity in a fertile volunteer presenting a 2-day fever of 39 degrees -40 degrees C...
- Fertility after testicular cancer treatments: results of a large multicenter studyEric Huyghe
Human Fertility Research Group, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse, France
Cancer 100:732-7. 2004..Patients with testicular cancer have an excellent survival rate, and fertility is one of the main concerns of survivors. The authors investigated fertility status after treatment for testis cancer in long-term survivors...
- Effect of posture and clothing on scrotal temperature in fertile menRoger Mieusset
Groupe de Recherche en Fertilité Humaine, EA 3694, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, 330, avenue de Grande Bretagne, TSA 70034, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Androl 28:170-5. 2007..Moreover, the Seated with legs crossed position had a persisting effect on scrotal temperature in the next position. These results have both pathophysiological and epidemiological implications...
- Sperm cryopreservation in adolescents and young adults with cancer: results of the French national sperm banking network (CECOS)Myriam Daudin
CECOS Midi Pyrénées, University Hospital of Toulouse, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, Toulouse, France Groupe de Recherche en Fertilité Humaine EA 3694, Human Fertility Research Group, Université de Toulouse UPS, Toulouse, France Electronic address
Fertil Steril 103:478-86.e1. 2015..To determine the feasibility of fertility preservation in adolescent males with cancer...
- [Non-deferential male contraception: review of the literature]Eric Huyghe
Service d Urologie et Andrologie, Hôpital Paule de Viguier, Toulouse, France
Prog Urol 17:156-64. 2007..To review the state of progress of the various male contraceptive methods (with the exception of deferential methods)...
- Parenthood and separation in couples 6 years after their first infertility consultationMagali Ferreira
Department of Reproductive Medicine, CHU Paule de Viguier, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 198:7-11. 2016..To evaluate the percentage of couples achieving parenthood and the rate of separation 6 years after their first consultation for infertility...
- Persistent differences in the antiviral effects of highly active antiretroviral therapy in the blood and male genital tractChristophe J M Pasquier
AIDS 22:1894-6. 2008
- Trying to avoid the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus particles in sperm ejaculatesLouis Bujan
Fertil Steril 87:1241; author reply 1241-2. 2007
- Choice of ART programme for serodiscordant couples with an HIV infected male partnerLouis Bujan
Hum Reprod 21:1332-3; author reply 1333-4. 2006
- Doubling of testicular cancer incidence rate over the last 20 years in southern FranceMarie Walschaerts
Human Fertility Research Group EA 3694, University Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, INSERM, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Cancer Causes Control 19:155-61. 2008..Interestingly, this major jump and the apparent testicular cancer gradient between northern and southern Europe suggest considerable geographical heterogeneity in incidence, but low geographical variation in temporal trends...
- Long-term efficacy of two cycles of BEP regimen in high-risk stage I nonseminomatous testicular germ cell tumors with embryonal carcinoma and/or vascular invasionChristine Chevreau
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Claudius Regaud, 20, 24 rue du Pont Saint Pierre, 31052 Toulouse Cedex, France
Eur Urol 46:209-14; discussion 214-5. 2004..To report the long-term impact of two cycles of adjuvant chemotherapy on relapse rates and treatment-related morbidity in high-risk stage I nonseminomatous testicular germ cell tumors (NSGCTT I)...
- Reproductive options for HIV-serodiscordant couplesLouis Bujan
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 34:104. 2002