Genomes and Genes
- Tau protein isoforms, phosphorylation and role in neurodegenerative disordersL Buee
INSERM U422, Place de Verdun, 59045 Cedex, Lille, France
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 33:95-130. 2000....
- [Tau story: from frontotemporal dementia to other tauopathies]Luc Buee
INSERM U422, Place de Verdun, F 59045 Lille, France
J Soc Biol 196:103-8. 2002..Conversely, recent data in myotonic dystrophy has demonstrated that indirect effect (CTG repeat expansion) leading to variations in tau alternative splicing also produce neurofibrillary degeneration...
- Tau exon 2 responsive elements deregulated in myotonic dystrophy type I are proximal to exon 2 and synergistically regulated by MBNL1 and MBNL2C Carpentier
Inserm UMR837 1 and Univ Lille Nord de France, Jean Pierre Aubert Research Center, Alzheimer and Tauopathies, F 59045 Lille, France Regional University Hospital of Lille, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:654-64. 2014..In conclusion, both MBNL1 and MBNL2 are involved in the regulation of Tau exon 2 splicing and the mis-splicing of Tau in DM1 is due to the combined inactivation of both...
- Alzheimer-specific epitope of AT100 in transfected cell lines with tau: toward an efficient cell model of tau abnormal phosphorylationC Mailliot
INSERM U422, Lille, France
Neurosci Lett 255:13-6. 1998..This represents a useful model to study abnormal tau phosphorylation in situ...
- Overexpression of MBNL1 fetal isoforms and modified splicing of Tau in the DM1 brain: two individual consequences of CUG trinucleotide repeatsC M Dhaenens
INSERM, U837, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille, France
Exp Neurol 210:467-78. 2008..The modified splicing of Tau thus results from a possibly CUG-mediated loss of function of MBNL1, but not from changes in the MBNL1 expression pattern...
- Functional screening of Alzheimer risk loci identifies PTK2B as an in vivo modulator and early marker of Tau pathologyP Dourlen
Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Mol Psychiatry . 2016..These data indicate that PTK2B acts as an early marker and in vivo modulator of Tau toxicity.Molecular Psychiatry advance online publication, 26 April 2016; doi:10.1038/mp.2016.59...
- Proteasome inhibition and Tau proteolysis: an unexpected regulationP Delobel
INSERM U422, Institut de Médecine Prédictive et Recherche Thérapeutique, Place de Verdun, 59045, Lille, France
FEBS Lett 579:1-5. 2005..Surprisingly, we showed that the inhibition of the proteasome led to a bidirectional degradation of Tau. Following this result, the cellular mechanisms that may degrade Tau were investigated...
- Neurogenesis and cell cycle-reactivated neuronal death during pathogenic tau aggregationK Schindowski
INSERM, U837, Place de Verdun, Lille Cedex, France
Genes Brain Behav 7:92-100. 2008..Altogether, these data suggest that cell cycle events in THY-Tau22 are resulting from neurogenesis in young animals and cell death in older ones. It suggests that neuronal cell death in such models is much more complex than believed...
- Brain microvascular changes in Alzheimer's disease and other dementiasL Buee
INSERM U422, Lille, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 826:7-24. 1997..This aspect of pathology is particularly interesting in view of its accessibility to therapeutic interventions...
- Mis-splicing of Tau exon 10 in myotonic dystrophy type 1 is reproduced by overexpression of CELF2 but not by MBNL1 silencingC M Dhaenens
INSERM, U837 1, Alzheimer and Tauopathies, Place de Verdun, F 59045 Lille, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:732-42. 2011....
- Tau pathology: a marker of neurodegenerative disordersA Delacourte
Unit Inserm 422, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Curr Opin Neurol 13:371-6. 2000....
- Neurotrophic factors in Alzheimer's disease: role of axonal transportK Schindowski
Institut National de la Santé et de la Research Médicale U837, Universite Lille 2, Lille Cedex, France
Genes Brain Behav 7:43-56. 2008....
- Loss of medial septum cholinergic neurons in THY-Tau22 mouse model: what links with tau pathology?K Belarbi
Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Curr Alzheimer Res 8:633-8. 2011..Finally, our data strongly support that tau pathology could be instrumental in the cholinergic neuronal loss observed in AD...
- Comparative biochemistry of tau in progressive supranuclear palsy, corticobasal degeneration, FTDP-17 and Pick's diseaseL Buee
INSERM U422, F 59045 Lille, France
Brain Pathol 9:681-93. 1999..Thus, tau mutations and polymorphisms may also be instrumental in many neurodegenerative disorders...
- Modelling Alzheimer-specific abnormal Tau phosphorylation independently of GSK3beta and PKA kinase activitiesP Delobel
INSERM U422, IMPRT, Institut de Médecine Prédictive et Recherche Thérapeutique, Place de Verdun, 59045, Lille, France
FEBS Lett 516:151-5. 2002..Our results demonstrate that a non-modified physiological process in a cell model can generate the most specific Alzheimer epitope of Tau pathology...
- [The testicular microtubule-associated protein Tau: Where, when during spermatogenesis?]J Sigala
Institut de biologie de la reproduction spermiologie, CECOS, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Lille, avenue Eugene Avinee, 59037 Lille Cedex, France EA 4308 gamètogenèse et qualité du gamète, France Inserm UMR S 1172 Alzheimer et tauopathies, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Morphologie 99:141-8. 2015..The localization and the potential roles of the Tau protein during the spermatogenesis are discussed by emphasizing the link with the microtubular structures of seminiferous tubules. ..
- Sstr2A: a relevant target for the delivery of genes into human glioblastoma cells using fiber-modified adenoviral vectorsK Lécolle
INSERM, UMR837, rue Polonovski, Lille, France
Gene Ther 20:283-97. 2013..Adenoviral vectors targeting SRIF receptors might thus represent a promising therapeutic approach to brain tumors...
- The peptidyl prolyl cis/trans isomerase Pin1 downregulates the Inhibitor of Apoptosis Protein SurvivinP Dourlen
INSERM, U837, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1428-37. 2007..The characterization of this functional relationship between Pin1 and Survivin might help to better understand mitosis control and cancer mechanisms...
- Increased expression of BIN1 mediates Alzheimer genetic risk by modulating tau pathologyJ Chapuis
1 INSERM U744, Universite Lille Nord de France, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France 2 Université Lille Nord de France, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France 3 Université Lille Nord de France, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Mol Psychiatry 18:1225-34. 2013..Finally, the 3 bp insertion was associated with Tau but not Amyloid loads in AD brains. We propose that BIN1 mediates AD risk by modulating Tau pathology. ..
- Evidence for induction of the ornithine transcarbamylase expression in Alzheimer's diseaseF Bensemain
INSERM, U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Universite de Lille 2, Lille, France
Mol Psychiatry 14:106-16. 2009..In conclusion, our results suggest the involvement of a new pathway in AD brains involving the urea cycle...