- Robotic-assisted adrenalectomy: what advantages compared to lateral transperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy?Laurent Brunaud
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nancy Hopital Brabois Adultes, University of Nancy, School of Medicine, 11 allee du morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Am J Surg 195:433-8. 2008..This study evaluates the perioperative outcomes of robotic-assisted adrenalectomy (RA) compared with lateral transperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy (LA)...
- Does robotic adrenalectomy improve patient quality of life when compared to laparoscopic adrenalectomy?Laurent Brunaud
Department of Visceral, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nancy Brabois, University of Nancy, Nancy, France
World J Surg 28:1180-5. 2004..We observed no major difference between patients who underwent laparoscopic or robotic adrenalectomy. Thus, patients' perioperative quality of life is not a justifiable parameter on which to base promotion of robotic adrenalectomies...
- Robot-assisted adrenalectomyLaurent Brunaud
Department of Hepatobiliary, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University of Nancy, CHU Nancy Brabois Adultes, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 21:248-54. 2011..See the videos, Supplemental Digital Content 1, http://links.lww.com/SLE/A33, Supplemental Digital Content 2, http://links.lww.com/SLE/A34 and Supplemental Digital Content 3, http://links.lww.com/SLE/A35...
- Prospective evaluation of 100 robotic-assisted unilateral adrenalectomiesLaurent Brunaud
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University of Nancy, CHU Nancy Brabois Adultes, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Surgery 144:995-1001; discussion 1001. 2008..Our aim was to determine the learning curve for robotic adrenalectomy and factors that influence operative time and cost...
- Lack of association between microsatellite instability and benign adrenal tumorsFares Namour
Department of Biochemistry, CHU Nancy Brabois, INSERM U724, Allee du Morvan, 54511, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
World J Surg 30:1240-6. 2006..The genetic mechanisms underlying the formation of these tumors include somatic mutations in susceptibility genes, especially in the familial forms, and allelic loss, especially in chromosome 1...
- Totally endoscopic lateral parathyroidectomy: prospective evaluation of 200 patients. ESES 2010 Vienna presentationThibaut Fouquet
Department of Digestive, Hepatobiliary, and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nancy Brabois Hopital adultes, University of Nancy, 11 allee du morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:935-40. 2010..However, totally endoscopic lateral approach parathyroidectomy (Henry technique) is not routinely performed...
- Both preoperative alpha and calcium channel blockade impact intraoperative hemodynamic stability similarly in the management of pheochromocytomaLaurent Brunaud
Department of Digestive, Hepato Biliary and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nancy Hospital Brabois Adultes, University de Lorraine, Nancy, France Faculty de medicine, Inserm U954, University de Lorraine, Nancy, France Electronic address
Surgery 156:1410-7; discussion1417-8. 2014..Calcium channel blockers also have been shown to lessen the risk of IHD. We aim to determine differences between these classes of antihypertensive agents in minimizing IHD...
- Is intraoperative ultrasound still useful for the detection of colorectal cancer liver metastases?Guillaume Hoch
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, Nancy Brabois Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nancy, Nancy, France
HPB (Oxford) 17:514-9. 2015..This study evaluates the impact of IOUS in the era of high-quality, cross-sectional imaging techniques...
- Serum aldosterone is correlated positively to parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels in patients with primary hyperparathyroidismLaurent Brunaud
Department of General, Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, University of Nancy, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Surgery 146:1035-41. 2009..As there is clear evidence of the independent role of aldosterone on the cardiovascular system, the aim of this study was to evaluate aldosterone levels in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism...
- Radiofrequency ablation of unresectable liver tumors: factors associated with incomplete ablation or local recurrenceAhmet Ayav
Department of Surgery, Nancy Brabois Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nancy, Nancy, France
Am J Surg 200:435-9. 2010..Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of liver tumors is associated with a risk of incomplete ablation or local recurrence...
- Recombinant human thyrotropin stimulates thyroid angiogenesis in vivoMarc Klein
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital of Nancy, Nancy, France
Thyroid 16:531-6. 2006..Endogenous TSH and rhTSH stimulate thyroid growth by a direct effect on thyrocytes. Our hypothesis was that rhTSH may also stimulate thyroid angiogenesis...
- Minimal impact of calcimimetics on the management of hyperparathyroidism in chronic dialysisLaurent Brunaud
University de Lorraine, CHU Nancy Hospital Brabois Adultes, Department of Digestive, Hepato Biliary and Endocrine Surgery, Nancy, France Inserm U954, University de Lorraine, Faculty de Medicine, Nancy, France Electronic address
Surgery 159:183-92. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate current management of patients on chronic dialysis with incidental and parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels ≥500 ng/L...
- Vitamin B12 is a strong determinant of low methionine synthase activity and DNA hypomethylation in gastrectomized ratsLaurent Brunaud
Cellular and Molecular Pathology in Nutrition, EMI, INSERM 0014, URM IFREMER 20, CHU Nancy Brabois, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, Nancy, France
Digestion 68:133-40. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the respective influence of folate and vitamin B12 deficiency on MTR transcription and activity, and on DNA methylation...
- Observation or laparoscopic adrenalectomy for adrenal incidentaloma? A surgical decision analysisLaurent Brunaud
Department of Surgery, University California San Francisco and Mount Zion Medical Center, Mount Zion Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Med Sci Monit 12:CR355-62. 2006..A decision analysis model was used to identify relevant variables for selecting the optimal management (observation versus adrenalectomy)...
- Germline NF1 mutational spectra and loss-of-heterozygosity analyses in patients with pheochromocytoma and neurofibromatosis type 1Birke Bausch
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2784-92. 2007..Because of the low prevalence of pheochromocytoma in NF1, we ascertained subjects by pheochromocytoma that also had NF1 in the hope of describing the germline NF1 mutational spectra of NF1-related pheochromocytoma...
- Prospective evaluation of quality of life (SF-36v2) and nonspecific symptoms before and after cure of primary hyperparathyroidism (1-year follow-up)Cecile Caillard
Department of Digestive and Endocrine Surgery, CHU Nantes, France
Surgery 141:153-9; discussion 159-60. 2007..Most patients have numerous nonspecific symptoms. The aim of this study was to evaluate patients' quality of life and nonspecific symptoms before and after cure for pHPT...
- Early results of one-year robotic surgery using the Da Vinci system to perform advanced laparoscopic proceduresAhmet Ayav
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital NANCY Brabois, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Gastrointest Surg 8:720-6. 2004..We believe that preferable indications for using this system are to perform surgery in narrow spaces (pelvic surgery) or when precise dissection is mandatory (Heller myotomy)...
- AldosteronomaLaurent Brunaud
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco Mount Zion Medical Center, 94143 1674, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 3:327-33. 2002..Focused approach and laparoscopic resection are the norm for the surgical treatment of aldosteronoma...
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: outcome and long-term resultsLaurent Bresler
Department of Surgery C, Hopital de Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre, France
World J Surg 26:111-4. 2002..At present no patient needs medical therapy to maintain a normal platelet count. Laparoscopic splenectomy is feasible and safe in patients with ITP. Long-term results of LS for ITP are comparable to those achieved with open splenectomy...