- Age difference in efficiency of locomotion and maximal power output in well-trained triathletesJeanick Brisswalter
Laboratory of Human Motricity, Education Sport and Health, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, 261, route de Grenoble, BP 3259, 06205, Nice Cedex 03, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 114:2579-86. 2014..The aim of this study was to examine the influence of age on cycling efficiency and sprint power output in well-trained endurance masters athletes...
- Vitamin supplementation benefits in master athletesJeanick Brisswalter
University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Laboratory of Human Motricity, Education Sport and Health, 261, route de Grenoble, BP 3259, 06205, Nice Cedex 03, France
Sports Med 44:311-8. 2014..Some studies indicate no benefits, while others highlight potential negative side effects of vitamin supplementation. Additional studies are warranted in order to design adapted prescriptions in antioxidant vitamins and minerals...
- Neuromuscular factors associated with decline in long-distance running performance in master athletesJeanick Brisswalter
University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Laboratory of Human Motricity, Education Sport and Health LAMHESS, 261 Route de Grenoble, BP 3259, 06205, Nice Cedex 03, France
Sports Med 43:51-63. 2013....
- Effects of Ramadan intermittent fasting on middle-distance running performance in well-trained runnersJeanick Brisswalter
Laboratory of Human Motricity, Education Sport and Health, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Clin J Sport Med 21:422-7. 2011..To assess whether Ramadan intermittent fasting (RIF) affects 5000-m running performance and physiological parameters classically associated with middle-distance performance...
- Strength training improves cycling efficiency in master endurance athletesJulien Louis
Laboratory of Human Motricity, Education Sport and Health, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, 261, route de Grenoble, BP 3259, 06205 Nice Cedex 03, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 112:631-40. 2012..This enhancement in muscle performance alleviated all the age-related differences in strength and efficiency...
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation effect on muscular activity and cycling efficiency in master athletesJulien Louis
University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 35:251-60. 2010..The results of the present study indicate an overall positive effect of vitamin and mineral complex supplementation on cycling efficiency after fatigue, in the endurance-trained elderly...
- The influence of wearing compression stockings on performance indicators and physiological responses following a prolonged trail running exerciseFabrice Vercruyssen
a UFR STAPS, LAHMESS, Nice Sophia Antpolis, Nice, France
Eur J Sport Sci 14:144-50. 2014..05), there was no difference between the run conditions. The findings suggest that competitive runners do not gain any practical or physiological benefits from wearing CS during prolonged off-road running...
- Effects of a trail running competition on muscular performance and efficiency in well-trained young and master athletesChristopher Schmidt Easthope
University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 110:1107-16. 2010..This study shows that trail runs are detrimental to muscle function, and gives indication that training may not halt muscle deterioration through aging, but can help maintain performance level...
- Enhanced Endurance Performance by Periodization of Carbohydrate Intake: "Sleep Low" StrategyLaurie Anne Marquet
1French National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance INSEP, Laboratory of Sport, Expertise and Performance, Paris, FRANCE 2University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Laboratory of Human Motricity, Education, Sport and Health, Nice, FRANCE 3Sports Nutrition, Australian Institute of Sport AIS, Belconnen, AUSTRALIA 4Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research, Centre for Exercise and Nutrition, Australian Catholic University, Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA 5Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Med Sci Sports Exerc 48:663-72. 2016..We investigated the effect of a chronic dietary periodization strategy on endurance performance in trained athletes...
- Reproducibility of performance and fatigue in trail runningChristopher S Easthope
Laboratory of Human Motricity, Sport, Education and Health, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France School of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Sydney, Faculty of Health Science, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 17:207-11. 2014..This study aimed to test the reproducibility of running performance, neuromuscular fatigue markers and indirect muscle damage indicators in a field-based trail time-trial...
- Influence of kick frequency on metabolic efficiency and performance at a severe intensity in international monofin-swimmersFabrice Vercruyssen
LAHMESS, UFR STAPS, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 261 Route de Grenoble, 06205 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Sports Sci 30:1055-61. 2012..Furthermore, the study results showed that the indicators of metabolic efficiency such as energy cost or [VO2sc) do not determine the performance response in elite monofin-swimmers at a severe intensity...
- Exercise Plus Cognitive Performance Over and Above Exercise Alone in Subjects with Mild Cognitive ImpairmentGuillaume Sacco
Rehabilitation Unit, Department of Geriatrics, University Hospital of Nice, Cimiez Hospital, Nice, France
J Alzheimers Dis 50:19-25. 2015..Epidemiological studies highlight the relevance of regular exercise interventions to enhance or maintain neurocognitive function in subjects with cognitive impairments...
- Comparison of between-training-sessions recovery strategies for world-class BMX pilotsLaurie Anne Marquet
Laboratory of Human Motricity, Sport Education and Health, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Int J Sports Physiol Perform 10:219-23. 2015....