J B Nousbaum
Affiliation: Brest University Hospital
- [Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in patients with cirrhosis]Jean Baptiste Nousbaum
CHU La Cavale Blanche, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Boulevard Tanguy Prigent, 29609 Brest Cedex, France Electronic address
Presse Med 44:1235-42. 2015..Primary prophylaxis in patients with low protein ascites (<15g/L) should be restricted to patients with severe cirrhosis awaiting for liver transplantation. ..
- Impact of HFE genetic testing on clinical presentation of hereditary hemochromatosis: new epidemiological dataVirginie Scotet
INSERM U 613 Génétique Moléculaire et Génétique Epidémiologique, Brest, France
BMC Med Genet 6:24. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the impact of the HFE gene discovery on the clinical presentation and epidemiology of HH...
- [A 23-year-old asymptomatic HBsAg positive woman]J B Nousbaum
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, CHU La Cavale Blanche, Boulevard Tanguy Prigent, Brest Cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:F56-9. 2009..The monitoring shows the loss of tolerance and eventually the transition to the inactive carrier state. Management strategies are discussed for each phase according to the recent EASL guidelines...
- Diagnostic accuracy of the Multistix 8 SG reagent strip in diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitisJean Baptiste Nousbaum
Services d Hépato Gastroentérologie de, Brest, U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 45:1275-81. 2007..04). Using a threshold of 2+ for positivity of the reagent strip, sensitivity was 45.3% for the diagnosis of SBP, specificity was 99.2%, positive predictive value was 77.9%, and negative predictive value was 96.9%...
- A particular hepatitis C virus protease NS3 gene pattern in a patient not responding to interferon-ribavirin therapyS Vallet
Département de Microbiologie E A Biodiversity and Microbial Ecology no 3882, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Morvan, 2 avenue Foch, 29609 Brest Cedex, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 24:79-80. 2005
- [Evaluation of post transfusion hypertransaminasemia]C Le Niger
Unité d Hémovigilance, CHU Morvan, 5, avenue Foch, 29609 Brest Cedex, France
Transfus Clin Biol 12:247-50. 2005..The aims of this study were to estimate: a) the incidence of hypertransaminasemia, b) the causes of hypertransaminasemia and c) the advantage of an etiologic investigation...
- [How to confirm acute fatty liver of pregnancy in case of emergency]L Homer
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de le reproduction, Hopital Morvan, CHRU de Brest, Brest, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 37:246-51. 2009..Reviewing seven of the most important series of AFLP, we demonstrate how to use ultrasonography or computed tomography scan to confirm AFLP. However, liver biopsy should be realised after delivery in case of uncertain diagnosis...
- Is hepatitis C virus NS3 protease quasispecies heterogeneity predictive of progression from cirrhosis to hepatocellular carcinoma?S Vallet
Microbiologie, CHU Morvan, Brest, France
J Viral Hepat 14:96-106. 2007..Further investigations are required to determine the cellular interactions of HCV NS3 protease in the context of carcinogenesis...
- Coexistence of annular pancreas with carcinoma in the dorsal part of pancreas divisum: diagnostic value of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographyF Cholet
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU La Cavale Blanche, Boulevard Tanguy Prigent, 29200, Brest, France
Abdom Imaging 29:703-6. 2004..This case report discusses the embryologic hypotheses underlying this peculiar association, highlights the capacities of imaging techniques to depict them, and enhances the performance of magnetic resonance imaging...
- Molecular analysis of the TP53 gene in Barrett's adenocarcinomaM P Audrezet
Centre de Biogenetique, C D T S, Brest, France
Hum Mutat 7:109-13. 1996..The mutation that was identified in this high grade dysplastic area was identical to that detected in the cancer. This would suggest TP53 mutations occur as an early genetic event in the development of Barrett's adenocarcinoma...