Affiliation: Brest University Hospital
- Skin Diseases Affecting High-Level Competition Sailors: Descriptive Study Carried Out During the 2012 AG2R Transatlantic Boat RaceBrice Lodde
Occupational and Environmental Diseases Department, Drs Loddé, Pougnet, and Dewitte and Electronic address
Wilderness Environ Med 27:39-45. 2016..Unlike merchant mariners and fishermen, there is sparse literature on this maritime population. Secondary objectives were to uncover on-board conditions that may contribute to dermatological problems in this population...
- Skin infection by Staphylococcus aureus in a fisherman: difficulty in continuing work on boardBrice Lodde
European University of Brittany, University of Brest, Brest, France Occupational and Environmental Diseases Center, CHRU Morvan, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 64:126-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to understand why an infectious skin disease due to colonisation by Staphylococcus aureus methi-S led to disembarkation of a fisherman for treatment and follow-up...
- Occupational dermatitis in workers exposed to detergents, disinfectants, and antisepticsBrice Lodde
Universite Europeenne de Bretagne, Rennes, France
Skinmed 10:144-50. 2012..Prevention and knowledge are necessary for this increasing issue...
- Assessment of physical, environmental, and cardiac strain in 43 operators (wearing protective equipment) conducting clean-up of heavy oil productsB Lodde
Service des Maladies de l Environnement et de Santé au Travail, CHU Morvan, Brest Cedex, France
Int Marit Health 62:276-85. 2011....
- Stress in seamen and non seamen employed by the same companyBrice Lodde
Universite Europeenne de Bretagne, France
Int Marit Health 59:53-60. 2008....
- Deaths on board: medical and legal implications for the maritime physicianBrice Lodde
Université Européene de Bretagne, France
Int Marit Health 61:24-7. 2010..In this work are presented the main causes, facts, and characteristics of human deaths at sea, and the responsibility of the ship's doctor in case of death on board...
- A case of occupational asthma from metabisulphite in a fishermanRichard Pougnet
Department of Occupational Health, University of Brest, France
Int Marit Health 62:180-4. 2010..The objective was to describe a case of occupational asthma in a fisherman linked to the inhalation of metabisulphites, then to discuss the history and actions for prevention...
- Sea and Health 3rd Congress of the French Society of Maritime Medicine, Brest, 14-15 October, 2005Yves Eusen
Seamen Health Service, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 56:190-2. 2005
- Evaluation of the sensitisation to grains and its pulmonary impact in employees of the port of Brest silosDavid Lucas
Service de Santé au Travail et Maladies liées l environnement, CHU Morvan, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 64:18-23. 2013..Evaluation of the sensitisation and levels of exposure to grains and its pulmonary impact ina population of Brest port silo employees...
- Occupational poisoning by carbon monoxide aboard a gas carrier. Report on 8 casesDavid Lucas
Service de santé au travail en Iroise, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 62:176-9. 2010..To determine the accidental factors and the clinical symptoms in eight cases of occupational poisoning of port workers by carbon monoxide. - To consider the primary prevention of this serious pathology occurring at work...
- Cardiovascular risk factors and cardiovascular risk assessment in professional diversRichard Pougnet
Universite Europeenne de Bretagne, Universite de Brest, Service de Sante au Travail et Maladies liees à l environnement, CHRU Morvan, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 63:164-9. 2012..The purpose of this study is to investigate the cardiovascular risk factors of professional divers and calculate the predicted 5-year risk and the predicted 10-year risk of an acute coronary event...
- Predicted nine-year risk of diabetes among professional divers: a prospective studyRichard Pougnet
Maritime Medicine French Society SFMM, Brest, France Occupational Disease Centre, University Hospital of Brest, France European University of Brittany, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 66:87-92. 2015..The purpose of this study was to assess diabetes predictive score for professional divers followed-up in one medical centre in France...
- Consumption of addictive substances in marinersRichard Pougnet
Environmental, Maritime and Professional Pathologies Centre, University Hospital Morvan, Brest, France Maritime Medicine French Society SFMM, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 65:199-204. 2014..The purpose of this article is to determine the extent of knowledge about addiction among seafarers...
- Longitudinal change in professional divers' lung function: literature reviewRichard Pougnet
Maritime Medicine French Society SFMM, Brest, France Environmental, Maritime and Professional Pathologies Centre, University Hospital of Morvan, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 65:223-9. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess changes in lung function of professional divers...
- Occupational asthma in maritime environmentDavid Lucas
Occupational Medical Service of Iroise, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 57:177-87. 2006..This article is a review of known etiological factors of occupational asthma (OA) to which seafarers and other maritime workers are likely to be exposed...
- Occupational asthma in the commercial fishing industry: a case series and review of the literatureDavid Lucas
Santé au Travail en Iroise, Occupational Service, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 61:13-6. 2010..Standard medical therapy for asthma may be used acutely; however, steps to reduce atmospheric allergen concentrations in the workplace have proven to be preventive for this disease...
- Occupational asthma in maritime environments: an updateDavid Lucas
Occupational Medical Service of Iroise, Brest, France
Int Marit Health 67:144-52. 2016..in maritime workers. This review aims to provide an update of the current knowledge base about occupational asthma in a maritime context and to provide recommendations regarding medical surveillance of workers at risk. ..