Alexis Bozorg Grayeli
- Auditory brainstem implant in bilateral and completely ossified cochleaeAlexis Bozorg Grayeli
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hôpital Beaujon AP HP and Faculté Xavier Bichat, INSERM, Universite Paris, France
Otol Neurotol 24:79-82. 2003..To report and evaluate the results of auditory brainstem implantation in a case of postmeningitis hearing loss with totally ossified cochleae on both sides...
- Conservative management versus surgery for small vestibular schwannomasAlexis Bozorg Grayeli
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Acta Otolaryngol 125:1063-8. 2005..Of the conservative management group, 17% were lost during follow-up. After surgery, grade 1 or 2 facial function was obtained in 86% of cases. Following hearing preservation attempts (n=137), 54% of patients were in hearing classes A-C...
- Temporal bone density measurements using CT in otosclerosisA Bozorg Grayeli
Otolaryngology Department, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Clichy, France
Acta Otolaryngol 124:1136-40. 2004..To assess the bone density around the bony labyrinth in otosclerosis patients and to compare it to that of a control population...
- Long-term functional outcome in facial nerve graft by fibrin glue in the temporal bone and cerebellopontine angleAlexis Bozorg Grayeli
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Hôpital Beajon, Clichy, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 262:404-7. 2005..Fibrin glue is a simple, rapid and efficient means of facial nerve repair. In case of intraoperative facial nerve interruption, this type of repair can be attempted in any location at the time of the tumor removal...
- Increased activity of the diastrophic dysplasia sulfate transporter in otosclerosis and its inhibition by sodium fluorideAlexis Bozorg Grayeli
INSERM Unité 426, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Otol Neurotol 24:854-62. 2003..This study investigates the function of the diastrophic dysplasia sulfate transporter (DTDST) in otosclerotic bone and the effect on it of sodium fluoride (NaF)...
- Effect of 17 beta-estradiol on diastrophic dysplasia sulfate transporter activity in otosclerotic bone cell cultures and SaOS-2 cellsYutaka Imauchi
EMI U 0112, INSERM, Faculté Xavier Bichat Université Paris 7, Paris, France
Acta Otolaryngol 124:890-5. 2004..Taking into account the role of estrogens in the progression of otosclerosis, the possible effect of estrogens on DTDST was investigated in otosclerotic bone cell cultures and in SaOS-2, a human osteoblastic cell line...
- Hearing preservation after cochlear implantation using deeply inserted flex atraumatic electrode arraysSharon Tamir
Otolaryngology Department, Beaujon Hospital, APHP, Clichy, France
Audiol Neurootol 17:331-7. 2012..1 ± 2.90 dB before vs. 81.0 ± 3.02 dB after surgery (n = 19, p < 0.01)]. Both Flex arrays allow deep insertion with reproducible hearing preservation...
- The effects of angiotensin II and the oxidative stress mediator 4-hydroxynonenal on human osteoblast-like cell growth: possible relevance to otosclerosisMilan Rudic
INSERM U 867, Université Paris Diderot 7, Paris, France
Free Radic Biol Med 57:22-8. 2013..1 and 0.5 nM) reduced necrosis. These results indicate that HNE and Ang II might act mutually dependently in the regulation of bone cell growth and in the pathophysiology of otosclerosis...
- Design, kinematic optimization, and evaluation of a teleoperated system for middle ear microsurgeryMathieu Miroir
Sorbonne Paris Cité, Inserm UMR S 867, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:907372. 2012..The robot-surgeon interface and the command modes are provided. Finally, the system is evaluated by realistic tasks in experimental dedicated settings and in human temporal bone specimens...
- Diagnostic value of auditory brainstem responses in cerebellopontine angle tumoursAlexis Bozorg Grayeli
Otolaryngology Department, AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Acta Otolaryngol 128:1096-100. 2008..Auditory brainstem responses (ABRs) associated with other audio-vestibular examinations and a thorough clinical examination should allow detection of the majority of cerebellopontine angle (CPA) lesions (99.2-100%)...
- [Auditory rehabilitation]Didier Bouccara
Inserm EMI U 0112, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Universite Paris 7, 16, rue Henri Huchard, 75870 Paris Cedex 18, France
Med Sci (Paris) 21:190-7. 2005..In all the cases, the restoration of a bilateral hearing has to be done if possible, making an improvement of the speech comprehension, mainly in the noisy situations, as well as the localization of the sound sources...
- Intratumoral and brainstem hemorrhage in a patient with vestibular schwannoma and oral anticoagulant therapyJean Francois Vellin
Department of Otolaryngology, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Clichy, France
Otol Neurotol 27:209-12. 2006..To report the first case of spontaneous intratumoral and brainstem hemorrhage in a patient with a vestibular schwannoma...
- Cochlear implant insertion forces in microdissected human cochlea to evaluate a prototype arrayYann Nguyen
University Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Audiol Neurootol 17:290-8. 2012..The recordings showed lower insertion forces beyond 270° of insertion and deeper insertions with the thin prototype array. This will potentially allow larger cochlear coverage with less trauma...
- Atypical haemangioma of the internal auditory meatus: a case reportAfaf Refass
Otolaryngology Department, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92118, Clichy, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:627-31. 2006..This phenomenon may be due to haemorrhage or oedema, and can be accompanied by a deterioration of the hearing function. Early surgical resection is the treatment of choice and allows to confirm the diagnosis...
- Effect of angiotensin II on inflammation pathways in human primary bone cell cultures in otosclerosisMilan Rudic
INSERM, UMRS, Paris Diderot University, France
Audiol Neurootol 17:169-78. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess the expression and production of inflammation mediators in basal condition and after angiotensin II (AngII) in otosclerosis...
- Comparison between intraoperative observations and electromyographic monitoring data for facial nerve outcome after vestibular schwannoma surgeryAlexis Bozorg Grayeli
Department of Neurosurgery, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Acta Otolaryngol 125:1069-74. 2005..The maximal EMG response was detected in the frontal or platysma muscles in 26% of cases, and in the orbicularis oris and orbicularis oculi muscles in 74%...
- Contralateral routing of signal hearing aid versus transcutaneous bone conduction in single-sided deafnessGaëlle Leterme
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Dijon University Hospital, Dijon, France
Audiol Neurootol 20:251-60. 2015..Both devices improved equally the hearing in noise and the quality of life. Transcutaneous devices represent an effective option in SSD...
- Assessing mental representation of mastoidectomy by a computer-based drawing toolAlexis Bozorg Grayeli
Otolaryngology Department, APHP, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Acta Otolaryngol 130:1335-42. 2010..This simple computer-based drawing tool provides valid information on mental representation of mastoidectomy at its initial phase...
- Effect of corticosteroids on facial function after cerebellopontine angle tumor removal: a double-blind study versus placeboAlexis Bozorg Grayeli
Otolaryngology Department, Dijon University Hospital, Dijon, France
Audiol Neurootol 20:213-21. 2015..Steroids did not affect the facial function at postoperative days 1, 8 and 30 in patients with small or large tumors as evaluated by House and Brackmann grading...
- Aquaporin-2 in the human endolymphatic sacVincent Couloigner
Inserm EMI U 0112, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Acta Otolaryngol 124:449-53. 2004..To detect and localize aquaporin-2 (AQP-2), a water channel regulated by the antidiuretic hormone, in human endolymphatic sac...
- Speech performance and sound localization in a complex noisy environment in bilaterally implanted adult patientsIsabelle Mosnier
AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service d ORL, Clichy, France
Audiol Neurootol 14:106-14. 2009..To evaluate speech performance, in quiet and noise, and localization ability in adult patients who had undergone bilateral and simultaneous implantation...