Jean Philippe Boulenger
- No association between non-violent suicidal behavior and the serotonin transporter promoter polymorphismPhilippe Courtet
Department of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Lapeyronie Hospital, INSERM E99 30, Montpellier, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 116:72-6. 2003..Thus, the genetically altered expression of the 5-HT transporter might be associated with more severe or violent suicidal behavior, but not with non-violent suicidal behavior...
- [Anxiety and adjustment disorders]Jean Philippe Boulenger
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, CHU Montpellier, 34295 Montpellier
Rev Prat 53:1715-22. 2003
- A 24-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of escitalopram for the prevention of generalized social anxiety disorderStuart A Montgomery
Imperial College, London, UK
J Clin Psychiatry 66:1270-8. 2005..The present relapse prevention study investigated relapse rates during a 24-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled period in patients with generalized SAD who had responded to 12-week open-label treatment with escitalopram...
- A randomized clinical study of Lu AA21004 in the prevention of relapse in patients with major depressive disorderJean Philippe Boulenger
CHRU de Montpellier, Universite Montpellier I, Montpellier, France
J Psychopharmacol 26:1408-16. 2012..The withdrawal rates due to adverse events were 8% (open-label), and 3% (placebo) and 8% (Lu AA21004) (double-blind). Thus, Lu AA21004 was effective in preventing relapse of MDD and was well tolerated as maintenance treatment...
- [Rationalizing the prescription of antidepressants]Jean Philippe Boulenger
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte et Inserm U 888, CHU de Montpellier, Universite Montpellier 1, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
Rev Prat 58:395-402. 2008..The recommended duration of treatment for a depressive episode is six months and the medication should he tapered off progressively in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms...
- Residual symptoms of depression: clinical and theoretical implicationsJean Philippe Boulenger
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU de Montpellier, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Eur Psychiatry 19:209-13. 2004....
- [Atypical panic attacks]Jean Philippe Boulenger
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, CHRU de Montpellier et université Montpellier l, 34295 Montpellier Cedex
Rev Prat 59:495-8. 2009..The semiological analysis of these attacks, their clinical background and their occurrence in young adults, mostly women, will contribute to the right diagnosis of these emotional reactions so frequent in general practice...
- A comparative study of the efficacy of long-term treatment with escitalopram and paroxetine in severely depressed patientsJ P Boulenger
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU de Montpellier and INSERM E361, France
Curr Med Res Opin 22:1331-41. 2006..This randomised, double-blind, fixed-dose study evaluated the efficacy of escitalopram and paroxetine in the long-term treatment of severely depressed patients with major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- [Emotional consequences of psychological trauma]Jean Philippe Boulenger
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, Hôpital La Colombière, 4295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Rev Prat 59:963-8. 2009..Apart from specific psychiatric syndromes the treatment of adjustment disorders will rely mainly on social and psychological interventions; the use of psychotropic drugs will be prudent and limited in time...
- [Anxiety syndromes: clinical features and classification]Jean Philippe Boulenger
CHU de Montpellier, Hôpital La Colombière, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
Rev Prat 60:777-81. 2010..Early diagnosis and treatment of anxiety disorders are crucial since they represent an important risk factor for the secondary development of depressive episodes...
- Baseline anxiety effect on outcome of SSRI treatment in patients with severe depression: escitalopram vs paroxetineJ P Boulenger
CHU de Montpellier, Universite Montpellier 1, France
Curr Med Res Opin 26:605-14. 2010..To investigate if treatment outcome for severely depressed patients depends on their baseline level of anxiety...
- A further evaluation of decision-making under risk and under ambiguity in schizophreniaGuillaume Fond
Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 263:249-57. 2013..Lower gains on the GDT were associated with executive dysfunctioning in schizophrenia. These findings give evidence that schizophrenia patients display impairments in both decision-making under ambiguity and under risk...
- [French adaptation and validation of the scale to assess unawareness of mental disorder]Stéphane Raffard
Docteur en Psychologie Clinique, Hôpital de la Colombière, CHU Montpellier, Universite de Montpellier, France
Can J Psychiatry 55:523-31. 2010..To validate the French version of the Scale to Assess Unawareness of Mental Disorder (SUMD) in patients with schizophrenia...
- Competence to consent and insight in schizophrenia: is there an association? A pilot studyDelphine Capdevielle
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Hôpital de la Colombière, CHU Montpellier, University Montpellier 1, France
Schizophr Res 108:272-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to explore the correlations existing between the competence to consent to treatment and the level of awareness of the disease (insight) in patients suffering from schizophrenia in a cross-sectional study...
- Social priming enhances interpersonal synchronization and feeling of connectedness towards schizophrenia patientsStéphane Raffard
1 University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Hôpital de la Colombière, CHU Montpellier, Montpellier 1 University, Montpellier, France 2 Epsylon Laboratory Dynamic of Human Abilities and Health Behaviors, Montpellier 3 University, Montpellier, France
Sci Rep 5:8156. 2015..Pro-social priming can have a pervasive effect on abnormal social interactions in schizophrenia patients. ..
- Frequent attendance in family practice and common mental disorders in an open access health care systemJoanna Norton
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier, France
J Psychosom Res 72:413-8. 2012..However little is known about specific psychiatric disorders and whether this behavior extends to specialist services, in an open access fee-for-service health care system...
- Insight and executive functioning in schizophrenia: a multidimensional approachStéphane Raffard
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU, Universite Montpellier 1, France
Psychiatry Res 167:239-50. 2009..The analysis indicates that poor insight in schizophrenia may be partially related to executive dysfunction. Finally, our study emphasizes the possible role of neuropsychological intervention in improving patients' insight into illness...
- Social priming increases nonverbal expressive behaviors in schizophreniaJonathan Del-Monte
Movement to Health Laboratory, EuroMov, Montpellier 1 University, Montpellier, France University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Hôpital de la Colombière, CHU Montpellier, Montpellier 1 University, Montpellier, France Epsylon, Laboratory Dynamic of Human Abilities and Health Behaviors, Department of Sport Sciences, Psychology and Medicine, University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 9:e109139. 2014..Schizophrenia patient behaviors are affected by social priming. Our results have several clinical implications for the rehabilitation of social skills impairments frequently encountered among individuals with schizophrenia. ..
- Impaired ability to imagine future pleasant events is associated with apathy in schizophreniaStéphane Raffard
Laboratory Epsylon, EA 4556, Montpellier, France University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU Montpellier, Montpellier, France Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 209:393-400. 2013..These results suggest that episodic future thinking impairments, especially for future events of pleasure, may partly underlie the motivational deficits characteristic of schizophrenia. ..
- The mental health of doctor-shoppers: experience from a patient-led fee-for-service primary care settingJoanna Norton
INSERM U888, Pathologies of the Nervous System, Montpellier, France
J Affect Disord 131:428-32. 2011....
- Insight of patients and their parents into schizophrenia: Exploring agreement and the influence of parental factorsAlexandra Macgregor
Universite Montpellier, Montpellier, France University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Hôpital La Colombière, Montpellier University Hospital, Montpellier, France Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 228:879-86. 2015..Our study is the first to suggest a possible influence of parental factors such as critical attitudes and cognitive performance on patient insight...
- A multi-dimensional approach to insight and its evolution in first-episode psychosis: a 1-year outcome naturalistic studyDelphine Capdevielle
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU Montpellier, University Montpellier 1, Hôpital La Colombière, 39 Avenue Charles Flahault, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France Inserm U1061, Hôpital La Colombière, Pavillon 42, 39 Avenue Charles Flahault, 34295 Montpellier, France Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:835-41. 2013..This could be useful for developing psychotherapeutic programmes acting upon the different aspects of insight. ..
- Gender and genotype modulation of the association between lipid levels and depressive symptomatology in community-dwelling elderly (the ESPRIT study)Marie Laure Ancelin
Institut de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Inserm and University of Montpellier 1, Hôpital La Colombière, Centre hospitalier universitaire CHU, Montpellier, France
Biol Psychiatry 68:125-32. 2010..Lipids appear to mediate depressive vulnerability in the elderly; however, sex differences and genetic vulnerability have not been taken into account in previous prospective studies...
- Further insight into the role of metacognitive beliefs in schizophrenia and OCD patients: testing a mediation modelCatherine Bortolon
Epsylon Laboratory, EA 4556, Montpellier, France University Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU Montpellier, 39 Avenue Charles Flahault, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 220:698-701. 2014..Negative beliefs in general mediated the effect of intrusive thoughts on anxiety in obsessive-compulsive disorder. The results suggest that metacognitive beliefs may be a vulnerability factor for emotional and psychological disorder. ..
- Extended duration of hospitalization in first episode psychosis: an evaluation of its clinical justificationDelphine Capdevielle
Department of Adult Psychiatry, La Colombière Hospital, CHU de Montpellier, University Montpellier 1, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Psychiatry Res 209:160-6. 2013....
- Impairments of social motor coordination in schizophreniaManuel Varlet
Movement to Health Laboratory, EuroMov, Montpellier 1 University, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 7:e29772. 2012..Our study thus identified relational motor signatures of schizophrenia and opens new perspectives for detecting the illness and improving social interactions of patients...
- Working Memory Deficit as a Risk Factor for Severe Apathy in Schizophrenia: A 1-Year Longitudinal StudyStéphane Raffard
University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Hôpital de la Colombière, CHRU Montpellier, Montpellier, France Epsylon Laboratory Dynamic of Human Abilities and Health Behaviors, University of Montpellier 3, Montpellier, France
Schizophr Bull 42:642-51. 2016..Moreover, cognitive functioning could be a risk factor for developing severe apathy. Cognitive remediation may thus be a useful non-pharmacological intervention for treating apathy in schizophrenia patients. ..
- Can individuals with schizophrenia be instructed to deliberately feign memory deficits?Stéphane Raffard
a Laboratory Epsylon, University Montpellier 3, EA 4425, Boulevard Henri IV, Montpellier, France
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 19:414-26. 2014....
- Use of the PRIME-MD Patient Health Questionnaire for estimating the prevalence of psychiatric disorders in French primary care: comparison with family practitioner estimates and relationship to psychotropic medication useJoanna Norton
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U888, Hôpital La Colombière, Pavillon 42, 39 av Charles Flahault, BP 34493, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:285-93. 2007....
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome-like reaction precipitated by antipsychotics in a patient with gamma-butyrolactone withdrawalCéline Eiden
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Lapeyronie Hospital, Montpellier, France
J Addict Med 5:302-3. 2011..So, it seems important to rapidly detect drugs taken by patients with mental agitation, to optimize management and minimize complications related to drugs...
- Insight is not associated with insensitivity to future consequences in schizophreniaStéphane Raffard
Universites Montpellier 1, Montpellier 3 et St Etienne, France
Psychiatry Res 187:307-9. 2011..No association was found between insight and IGT scores. Our results suggest that impaired decision-making ability in schizophrenia patients cannot be solely predicted by lack of insight...
- Narrative identity in schizophreniaStéphane Raffard
Cognitive Psychopathology and Neuropsychology Unit, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Conscious Cogn 19:328-40. 2010..Our results suggest that schizophrenia patients have difficulties to organize and extract meaning from their past experiences in order to create coherent personal narratives...
- Exploring self-defining memories in schizophreniaStéphane Raffard
Department of Adult Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Memory 17:26-38. 2009..Furthermore, the findings suggest that impairments in extracting meaning from personal memories could represent a core disturbance of autobiographical memory in patients with schizophrenia...
- Memory self-efficacy in schizophreniaStéphane Raffard
Epsylon Laboratory Dynamic of Human Abilities and Health Behaviors, University of Montpellier 3, Montpellier, France University Department of Adult Psychiatry, Hôpital de la Colombière, CHRU Montpellier, Montpellier 1 University, Montpellier, France Electronic address
Schizophr Res 156:56-9. 2014..Among controls, but not patients, MSE was positively related to memory performance. This result suggests that normal relationship between MSE and memory functioning is disrupted in schizophrenia. ..
- Dissociating self-reported cognitive complaint from clinical insight in schizophreniaSophie Bayard
Sleep Disorder Unit, University Department of Neurology, University of Montpellier 1, 34295 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Eur Psychiatry 24:251-8. 2009..Assessment of cognitive complaint and awareness of illness need to be assessed before engagement in rehabilitation program...
- Persistence of abnormal cortisol levels in elderly persons after recovery from major depressionIsabelle Beluche
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, France
J Psychiatr Res 43:777-83. 2009....
- Antipsychotics-induced ischaemic colitis and gastrointestinal necrosis: a review of the French pharmacovigilance databaseHelene Peyriere
Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology Department, Lapeyronie Hospital, CHU Montpellier, France
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:948-55. 2009..First- and second-generation antipsychotics commonly cause mild gastrointestinal hypomotility. Intestinal necrosis may be a consequence of such gastrointestinal perturbations...
- Efficacy and safety of vortioxetine (Lu AA21004), 15 and 20 mg/day: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, duloxetine-referenced study in the acute treatment of adult patients with major depressive disorderJean Philippe Boulenger
aUniversity Department of Adult Psychiatry, CHU de Montpellier, Montpellier, France bH Lundbeck A S, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 29:138-49. 2014..No clinically relevant changes were seen in clinical safety laboratory values, weight, ECG or vital signs parameters. Vortioxetine was efficacious and well tolerated in the treatment of patients with major depressive disorder...
- [Mental handicap. Administrative supervision, trusteeship, safeguard of justice]Françoise Causse
Service universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, CHRU La Colombière, Montpellier
Rev Prat 57:1823-8. 2007
- Abnormal reactions to environmental stress in elderly persons with anxiety disorders: evidence from a population study of diurnal cortisol changesIsabelle Chaudieu
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, F 34093 France
J Affect Disord 106:307-13. 2008..Cortisol secretion in elderly persons with anxiety disorders exposed to common stressful situations has not been evaluated...
- Improved symptom control, functioning and satisfaction in French patients treated with long-acting injectable risperidoneP M Llorca
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Psychiatrie B, Place Henri Dunand, 63003 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Encephale 34:170-8. 2008..To investigate the efficacy and tolerability of direct initiation of long-acting injectable risperidone (LAIR) in adults with schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders requiring a change of treatment...