- History of the International Neuropsychological Symposium: a reflection of the evolution of a disciplineF Boller
INSERM U 324, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
Neuropsychologia 37:17-26. 1999..It is felt that the evolution of the Symposium may be considered a reflection of the evolution of the discipline of Neuropsychology and may help to understand the evolution of the field in the past fifty years...
- Neuropsychological tests in Alzheimer's diseaseF Boller
INSERM U 324, Centre Paul Broca Paris, France
Aging (Milano) 13:210-20. 2001..This has important implications for therapeutic trials. The current implicit assumption that all patients with AD tend to evolve and decline in a similar fashion needs to be critically re-examined...
- History of dementia and dementia in history: an overviewF Boller
UNIT 324, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Paris, France
J Neurol Sci 158:125-33. 1998..It also examines developments that occurred in Alois Alzheimer's time as well as closer to our day...
- Rational basis of rehabilitation following cerebral lesions: a review of the concept of cerebral plasticityFrancois Boller
Unit 549, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Funct Neurol 19:65-72. 2004....
- Processing emotional information in Alzheimer's disease: effects on memory performance and neurophysiological correlatesFrancois Boller
Unité 324 INSERM, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 14:104-12. 2002..Few studies have focused on the link between emotional processing and other cognitive functions, such as memory or attention...
- 1914 to 1917: the Great War yearsF Boller
INSERM, U 324, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
Arch Neurol 56:882-5. 1999..It concludes with a brief survey of the ways in which neurology was changed by the Great War. During these years, neurology was there...
- Clinical features and assessment of severe dementia. A reviewFrancois Boller
INSERM U324, Centre Paul Broca, 2ter rue d Alesia, 75014 Paris, France
Eur J Neurol 9:125-36. 2002..It also sets the stage for possible therapeutic trials involving these patients...
- Apolipoprotein E epsilon 4 allele frequency in demented and cognitively impaired patients with and without cerebrovascular diseaseLatchezar Traykov
INSERM Unit 324, Paris, France
J Neurol Sci 203:177-81. 2002..These findings should contribute to the assessment of dementia risk profile in the elderly...
- They have shaped Alzheimer disease: the protagonists, well known and less well knownFrancois Boller
INSERM U 549, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
Cortex 43:565-9. 2007..Many of these have also become famous for work unrelated to AD...
- Neuropsychological deficit in early subcortical vascular dementia: comparison to Alzheimer's diseaseLatchezar Traykov
Unité 324, INSERM, Paris, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 14:26-32. 2002..These findings are relevant for the early diagnosis of VaD and might be useful in the differential diagnosis with AD...
- Cerebral T2-weighted signal decrease during aging in the mouse lemur primate reflects iron accumulationM Dhenain
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 324, Paris, France
Neurobiol Aging 19:65-9. 1998..This study suggests that in mouse lemurs, iron deposits are responsible for T2-weighted signal decrease in the central gray nuclei...
- Absence of amusia and preserved naming of musical instruments in an aphasic composerC Tzortzis
U 324 INSERM, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
Cortex 36:227-42. 2000....
- Apolipoprotein E phenotypes in demented and cognitively impaired patients with and without cerebrovascular diseaseL Traykov
INSERM Unit 324, 2ter rue d Alesia, 75014, Paris, France
Eur J Neurol 6:415-21. 1999..In contrast, ApoE epsilon4 allele-bearing individuals had greater risk of having late-onset AD (OR = 8.8; 95% CI 3.7-21.0), or non-vascular cognitive impairment (OR = 7.0; 95% CI 2.5-19.0)...
- Memory and language in neurodegenerative diseasesG Dalla Barba
U324 INSERM, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 11:429-33. 1998..It shows how different memory and language subcomponents may differentially be impaired in different neurodegenerative diseases and at different stages of the same disease...
- The influence of semantic and perceptual encoding on recognition memory in Alzheimer's diseaseM C Goldblum
U 324 INSERM, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
Neuropsychologia 36:717-29. 1998....
- Age dependence of the T2-weighted MRI signal in brain structures of a prosimian primate (Microcebus murinus)M Dhenain
INSERM U 324, Paris, France
Neurosci Lett 237:85-8. 1997..It should be particularly useful for the non-invasive assessment of interventions and drugs that affect the aging process...
- The apolipoprotein E epsilon4 allele and the response to tacrine therapy in Alzheimer's diseaseA S Rigaud
Hopital Broca, 54 56 Rue Pascal, 75013, Paris, France
Eur J Neurol 7:255-8. 2000..Consequently, these results do not support the hypothesis that the ApoE phenotype and gender are predictors of the response to tacrine in AD patients...
- Preserved painting abilities after a stroke. The case of Paul-Elie GernezFrancois Boller
INSERM, Paris, France
Funct Neurol 20:151-5. 2005..This difference may be attributable to the presence, in the former, of an expanded cortical representation, secondary to their lifelong formal training...