- Hemodynamic profile of target-controlled spinal anesthesia compared with 2 target-controlled general anesthesia techniques in elderly patients with cardiac comorbiditiesPhilippe Biboulet
Departments of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Lapeyronie University Hospital, 371 Av Giraud, Montpellier, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 37:433-40. 2012..The impact of anesthesia techniques in patients experiencing hip fracture is controversial. This study compares the effects on blood pressure of 3 anesthesia techniques that are considered safe for the elderly...
- Fatal and non fatal cardiac arrests related to anesthesiaP Biboulet
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care A, Lapeyronie University Hospital, Montpellier, France
Can J Anaesth 48:326-32. 2001..The aim of this study was to assess the incidence and causes of cardiac arrests related to anesthesia...
- Postoperative analgesia after total-hip arthroplasty: Comparison of intravenous patient-controlled analgesia with morphine and single injection of femoral nerve or psoas compartment block. a prospective, randomized, double-blind studyPhilippe Biboulet
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 29:102-9. 2004..The authors compared the analgesic effects and quality of rehabilitation of three analgesic techniques after total-hip arthroplasty in a double-blind, randomized trial...
- Effects of perioperative analgesic technique on the surgical outcome and duration of rehabilitation after major knee surgeryX Capdevila
Department of Anesthesiology, Lapeyronie University Hospital, Montpellier, France
Anesthesiology 91:8-15. 1999..The authors tested the hypothesis that postoperative analgesic techniques influence surgical outcome and the duration of convalescence...
- Continuous three-in-one block for postoperative pain after lower limb orthopedic surgery: where do the catheters go?Xavier Capdevila
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Lapeyronie University Hospital, Montpellier, France
Anesth Analg 94:1001-6, table of contents. 2002..The quality of sensory and motor blockade and initial pain relief depend on the location of the catheter tip under the fascia iliaca...
- Continuous psoas compartment block for postoperative analgesia after total hip arthroplasty: new landmarks, technical guidelines, and clinical evaluationXavier Capdevila
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Lapeyronie University Hospital, 371 Avenue du Doyen Gaston Giraud, 34295 Montpellier Cedex, France
Anesth Analg 94:1606-13, table of contents. 2002..Before lumbar plexus branch stimulation and catheter insertion, anesthesiologists should be aware of the L4 transverse process location and lumbar plexus depth...
- Comparison of continuous 3-in-1 and fascia Iliaca compartment blocks for postoperative analgesia: feasibility, catheter migration, distribution of sensory block, and analgesic efficacyDidier Morau
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Lapeyronie University Hospital, 371 Avenue du Doyen G Giraud, 34295 Montpellier, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 28:309-14. 2003..Efficacy and technical aspects of continuous 3-in-1 and fascia iliaca compartment blocks were compared...
- Percutaneous electrode guidance using the insulated needle for prelocation of peripheral nerves during axillary plexus blocksXavier Capdevila
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Lapeyronie University Hospital, avenue du Doyen Giraud, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 29:206-11. 2004..We prospectively studied percutaneous electrode guidance to assist axillary brachial plexus blocks...
- Effect of patient-controlled perineural analgesia on rehabilitation and pain after ambulatory orthopedic surgery: a multicenter randomized trialXavier Capdevila
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Lapeyronie University Hospital, France
Anesthesiology 105:566-73. 2006....