Genomes and Genes
- In vivo studies of intrahepatic metabolic pathwaysM Beylot
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Métabotique et Rénale, Faculté de Médecine R Laennec, Lyon, France
Diabetes Metab 23:251-7. 1997..All these non-invasive techniques allow investigations to be undertaken in human beings to study the nutritional and hormonal regulation of liver metabolism in normal subjects and in pathological situations...
- Effects of inulin-type fructans on lipid metabolism in man and in animal modelsMichel Beylot
INSERM U 499, Faculté RTH Laennec, Lyon, France
Br J Nutr 93:S163-8. 2005..The effects on plasma cholesterol appear also more marked in hyperlipidaemic subjects than in healthy controls, suggesting that inulin and oligofructose have beneficial effects in these types of subjects...
- Lipogenesis in arterial wall and vascular smooth muscular cells: regulation and abnormalities in insulin-resistanceNadjiba Hamlat
ERI 22 EA4173, Faculté Rockefeller, UCBLyon1, Lyon, France
Cardiovasc Diabetol 8:64. 2009..Therefore in situ lipogenesis could provide fatty acids for triglycerides synthesis and cholesterol esterification and contribute to lipid accumulation in arterial wall with aging and during atheroma...
- Comparison of the expression and activity of the lipogenic pathway in human and rat adipose tissueDominique Letexier
INSERM U 499, Faculté RTH Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
J Lipid Res 44:2127-34. 2003..This is not related to differences in diet and is probably explained by lower abundance of SREBP-1c protein. A decreased expression of ChREBP could also play a role...
- Long-term administration of inulin-type fructans has no significant lipid-lowering effect in normolipidemic humansFabien Forcheron
INSERM U 499, Faculté RTH Laennec, IFR 62, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon, 69008 Lyon, France
Metabolism 56:1093-8. 2007..In conclusion, contrary to what was observed in short-term studies, we observed no significant beneficial effect of a long-term (6-month) administration of inulin-type fructans on plasma lipids in healthy human subjects...
- Differences in the regulation of adipose tissue and liver lipogenesis by carbohydrates in humansFrederique Diraison
INSERM U 499 and GENALYS, Faculté RTH Laennec, 69008, Lyon, France
J Lipid Res 44:846-53. 2003..mRNA levels were not increased by the HC diet. Adipose DNL is active in humans, but contributes little to TAG stores and is less responsive than liver DNL to stimulation by carbohydrates...
- Diabetic cardiomyopathy: effects of fenofibrate and metformin in an experimental model--the Zucker diabetic ratFabien Forcheron
EA4173 ERI22 Agressions vasculaires et réponses tissulaires Faculté Rockefeller, UCBLyon1 and INSERM, Lyon, France
Cardiovasc Diabetol 8:16. 2009..We evaluated the possible usefulness of two molecules promoting lipid oxidation, fenofibrate and metformin, in an experimental model of DCM, the Zucker diabetic rat (ZDF)...
- Addition of inulin to a moderately high-carbohydrate diet reduces hepatic lipogenesis and plasma triacylglycerol concentrations in humansDominique Letexier
INSERM U 499, Faculté RTH Laennec, Lyon, France
Am J Clin Nutr 77:559-64. 2003..However, such a diet can increase plasma triacylglycerol concentrations--an undesirable side effect. The addition of nondigestible carbohydrate could reduce the risk of elevated triacylglycerol concentrations...
- Nonalcoholic hepatic steatosis in Zucker diabetic rats: spontaneous evolution and effects of metformin and fenofibrateFabien Forcheron
INSERM ERI 22 EA 4173, Faculté Rockefeller, Lyon, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1381-9. 2009..To conclude, metformin had only moderate effects on liver steatosis. The effects of fenofibrate was more marked but remained mild...
- Thyroid hormone receptor-α deletion decreases heart function and exercise performance in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceKiao Ling Liu
Neurocardiology Unit EA 4612, Institute of Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Physiol Genomics 48:73-81. 2016..In conclusion, the deletion of TRα in ApoE(-/-) mice alters cardiac structure and contractility; both could contribute to blunted BP response to physical exercise and impaired exercise performance. ..
- Increased atherosclerosis in mice deficient in perilipin1Dominique Langlois
ERI22 EA4173, Faculté Rockefeller, University C Bernard Lyon1, 8 av Rockefeller, Lyon, 69008, France
Lipids Health Dis 10:169. 2011..The aim of the study was to investigate this possible role of perilipin1 in atherogenesis...
- Genes of cholesterol metabolism in human atheroma: overexpression of perilipin and genes promoting cholesterol storage and repression of ABCA1 expressionFabien Forcheron
INSERM U499, Faculte Laennec, UCB Lyon I, Lyon, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1711-7. 2005..It may also depend on proteins surrounding lipid droplets, adipophilin, and perilipins. They favor triglyceride storage in adipocytes and could play a similar role for cholesterol in atheroma...
- Mechanisms of the triglyceride- and cholesterol-lowering effect of fenofibrate in hyperlipidemic type 2 diabetic patientsFabien Forcheron
INSERM U 499, Faculté RTH Laennec, Rue G Paradin, 69008 Lyon, France
Diabetes 51:3486-91. 2002....
- Increased insulin-stimulated expression of arterial angiotensinogen and angiotensin type 1 receptor in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and atheromaWassim Hodroj
EA 3740, Functional Genomics in Atherothrombosis, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:525-31. 2007..Because inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) reduces the onset of type 2 diabetes (T2D) and prevents atherosclerosis, we investigated the expression of RAS in the arterial wall of T2D and nondiabetic (CTR) patients...
- Expression of the adiponectin receptors AdipoR1 and AdipoR2 in lean rats and in obese Zucker ratsMichel Beylot
INSERM U499, Metabolic and Renal Physiolopathology, Faculté RTH Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Metabolism 55:396-401. 2006..These results do not support an important role for the expression of AdipoR1 and AdipoR2 in the modulation of sensitivity to insulin...
- Stimulation of cholesterol synthesis and hepatic lipogenesis in patients with severe malabsorptionAna Cachefo
INSERM U499, Faculte Laennec, Lyon, France
J Lipid Res 44:1349-54. 2003..Severe malabsorption induces large increases of cholesterol synthesis and hepatic lipogenesis independently of the presence of parenteral nutrition. These abnormalities are probably due to the malabsorption of bile acids...
- Vascular function of the mesenteric artery isolated from thyroid hormone receptor-α knockout miceKiao Ling Liu
Unit of Neurocardiology, EA 4612, Institute of Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
J Vasc Res 51:350-9. 2014..This study evaluated the consequences of thyroid hormone receptor-α (TRα) disruption on vascular reactivity...
- Increased hepatic lipogenesis but decreased expression of lipogenic gene in adipose tissue in human obesityFrederique Diraison
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 499, Faculté RTH Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E46-51. 2002..In conclusion, subjects with established obesity have an increased hepatic lipogenesis that could contribute to their excessive fat mass but no evidence for an increased lipogenic capacity of adipose tissue...
- Use of stable isotopes to evaluate the functional effects of nutrientsMichel Beylot
INSERM U499, Faculté RTH Laennec, Lyon, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 9:734-9. 2006..This review presents recent advances in the use of stable isotopes to investigate how nutrients can influence pathways of glucose, lipids and protein metabolism, and also intestinal absorption, body composition and fat mass turnover...
- Adiponectin receptors: expression in Zucker diabetic rats and effects of fenofibrate and metforminCoralie Metais
EA 4173 ERI 22 agressions vasculaires et réponses tissulaires, Faculté Rockefeller, UCBLyon1, 69008 Lyon, France
Metabolism 57:946-53. 2008..Parts of the actions of fenofibrate and of metformin could be mediated by a stimulation of the expression of these receptors in liver and in insulin-sensitive, glucose-utilizing tissues (muscle, WAT), respectively...
- The presence of a catalytically inactive form of hormone-sensitive lipase is associated with decreased lipolysis in abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue of obese subjectsHind Ray
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM 499, Faculte de Medecine Laennec, Rue Paradin, 69372 Lyon, France
Diabetes 52:1417-22. 2003..05). These results suggest that the presence of the truncated HSL protein is associated with an impaired adipocyte lipolysis...
- Determination of protein replacement rates by deuterated water: validation of underlying assumptionsEmmanuelle Belloto
1Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U499, Faculté Réne Theodore Hyacinthe, Laennec, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1340-7. 2007..All of these results support (2)H(2)O as a safe, reliable, useful, and convenient tracer for studies of protein synthesis, including proteins with slow turnover rate...