- Ecological traits of planktonic viruses and prokaryotes along a full-salinity gradientYvan Bettarel
IRD, UMR 5119 Ecosym, Montpellier, France
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 76:360-72. 2011..8 × 10(8) virus-like particles per milliliter) appears to be partly explained by their high stability and specific ability to persist and proliferate in these apparently restrictive habitats...
- Colonization and release processes of viruses and prokaryotes on artificial marine macroaggregatesYvan Bettarel
IRD, UMR 9190 MARBEC, 34095 Montpellier, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 363:fnv216. 2016....
- Short-term responses of unicellular planktonic eukaryotes to increases in temperature and UVB radiationIsabelle Domaizon
INRA, UMR 42 Carrtel, Thonon les Bains, France
BMC Microbiol 12:202. 2012....
- Lytic failure in cross-inoculation assays between phages and prokaryotes from three aquatic sites of contrasting salinityYvan Bettarel
IRD, UMR 5119 Ecolag, Montpellier, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 311:113-8. 2010..Finally, our results suggest that cosmopolitan phages capable of moving between biomes are probably rare in aquatic habitats, supporting the common idea that most wild phages are relatively limited in their host range...
- Viral distribution and life strategies in the Bach Dang Estuary, VietnamYvan Bettarel
UMR 5119, ECOSYM, Montpellier 2 University, CNRS, IRD, IFREMER, Montpellier, France
Microb Ecol 62:143-54. 2011..This might be in turn a source of selection for the virioplankton community via specific affiliation favoring particular morphotypes and life strategies...
- Uncoupled viral and bacterial distributions in coral reef waters of Tuamotu Archipelago (French Polynesia)Marc Bouvy
UMR 5119, ECOSYM Ecologie des systèmes marins côtiers UM2, CNRS, IRD, IFREMER, UM1, Universite Montpellier 2, Place Eugene Bataillon, Case 093, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mar Pollut Bull 65:506-15. 2012..15%). However, the fraction of lysogenic cells ranged between 2.5% and 88.9%. Our results suggest that the distribution patterns of virioplankton are apparently not coupled to the spatial dynamics of the bacterioplankton communities...
- The versatile nature of coral-associated virusesYvan Bettarel
UMR 5119 Ecosym, Institute of Research for Development IRD, CNRS, Montpellier, France
Environ Microbiol 17:3433-9. 2015..We propose that these processes are presumably based on an environmentally driven shift in infection strategies allowing viruses to regulate, circumstantially, both coral symbionts (bacteria or Symbiodinium) and surrounding pathogens. ..
- Viruses Occur Incorporated in Biogenic High-Mg Calcite from Hypersaline Microbial MatsRutger de Wit
Centre for Marine Biodiversity, Exploitation and Conservation MARBEC, Universite de Montpellier, CNRS, IRD, IFREMER, Place Eugene Bataillon, Case 093, 34095, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0130552. 2015..We suggest that virus-mineral interactions are one of the possible ways for the formation of nano-sized structures often described as "nanobacteria" and that viruses may play a role in initiating calcification...
- Enumerating viruses in coral mucusAmandine Leruste
UMR 5119 ECOSYM Université Montpellier 2 IRD IFREMER CNRS, Montpellier, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:6377-9. 2012..Seven protocols were tested, and the most efficient separations were obtained from a chemical treatment requiring potassium citrate...
- Diversity of virus-host systems in hypersaline Lake Retba, SenegalTélesphore Sime-Ngando
Laboratoire Microorganismes Génome et Environnement, Université Blaise Pascal Clermont Ferrand II, UMR CNRS 6023, F 63177, Aubiere Cedex, France
Environ Microbiol 13:1956-72. 2011..A large proportion of the sequences had similarity to previously sequenced viral metagenomes from solar salterns...