- Allelic loss detection in inflammatory breast cancer: improvement with laser microdissectionP Bertheau
Department of Pathology, Hospital Saint Louis and Pathology Research Unit, Paris, France
Lab Invest 81:1397-402. 2001..This strong improvement in LOH detection in this aggressive type of breast cancer indicates that many other molecular studies performed on heterogeneous solid tumors may benefit from a first step of laser microdissection...
- Prognostic significance of a combined clinicopathologic score for response to primary systemic therapy in locally advanced breast cancerPhilippe Bertheau
Service de Pathologie, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Oncol Rep 14:513-20. 2005..In conclusion, in 108 stage IIB to IIIB breast cancer patients initially treated by high-dose chemotherapy, combined grading of clinical and pathologic responses in a single score allowed accurate prediction of outcome...
- Changes in allelic imbalances in locally advanced breast cancers after chemotherapyM Varna
INSERM U728, University Hematology Institute, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Br J Cancer 97:1157-64. 2007....
- Effect of mutated TP53 on response of advanced breast cancers to high-dose chemotherapyP Bertheau
Service de Pathologie and INSERM ERM 0220, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 Ave C, Vellefaux, 75475 Paris, Cedex 10, France
Lancet 360:852-4. 2002..0001). In high-grade, advanced breast cancers, inactivation of the TP53 pathway could greatly improve the response to this chemotherapy regimen...
- Variability of immunohistochemical reactivity on stored paraffin slidesP Bertheau
Laboratory of Pathology, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Clin Pathol 51:370-4. 1998..To investigate the effects of slide storage on immunohistochemical staining, since recent reports have indicated that storage of unstained paraffin slides for up to 12 weeks may lead to false negative immunostaining of tumour markers...
- Long-term survival of advanced triple-negative breast cancers with a dose-intense cyclophosphamide/anthracycline neoadjuvant regimenS Giacchetti
AP HP, Hopital Saint Louis, Breast Disease Unit, University Paris Diderot, Paris 75475, France
Br J Cancer 110:1413-9. 2014..Because of the lack of validated drug targets, chemotherapy remains an important therapeutic tool in these cancers...
- Expression of amphiregulin and epidermal growth factor receptor in human breast cancer: analysis of autocriny and stromal-epithelial interactionsL Ma
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Experimentale et Clinique, INSERM EPI 99 32, Institut de Genetique Moleculaire, 27 rue Juliette Dodu, 75010 Paris, France
J Pathol 194:413-9. 2001..005) and marginally related to SBR grade III (p=0.07). EGFR expression in invasive tumour and stromal cells was correlated with absence of oestrogen receptor and non-inflammatory carcinoma (p=0.002 and p=0.015, respectively)...
- High frequency of cholestasis in generalized pustular psoriasis: Evidence for neutrophilic involvement of the biliary tractManuelle Viguier
Department of Dermatology 1, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris 7, Paris, France
Hepatology 40:452-8. 2004..Biliary involvement related to neutrophilic cholangitis should be added to the spectrum of extracutaneous manifestations of this disease, and physicians should be aware of such a complication...
- Trastuzumab-based treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer: an antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity mechanism?L Arnould
Department of Pathology, Centre G F Leclerc, Dijon 21000, France
Br J Cancer 94:259-67. 2006..These results suggest that trastuzumab plus taxanes lead to enhanced NK cell activity, which may partially account for the synergistic activity of trastuzumab and docetaxel in breast cancer...
- A refined molecular taxonomy of breast cancerM Guedj
Ligue Nationale Contre le Cancer, Cartes d Identité des Tumeurs program, Paris, France
Oncogene 31:1196-206. 2012..Their identification should facilitate the detection of novel prognostic factors or therapeutical targets in breast cancer...
- Cyclophosphamide dose intensification may circumvent anthracycline resistance of p53 mutant breast cancersJacqueline Lehmann-Che
INSERM CNRS University Paris 7, UMR 944 7212, Hopital Saint Louis, 1, Av Claude Vellefaux, 75 475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Oncologist 15:246-52. 2010..The latter allowed very high levels of pCR in triple-negative tumors. Thus, our data strongly suggest that cyclophosphamide dose intensification in ER(-) p53-mutated breast cancer patients could significantly improve their response...
- A multicenter randomized phase II study of sequential epirubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel with or without celecoxib or trastuzumab according to HER2 status, as primary chemotherapy for localized invasive breast cancer patientsJean Yves Pierga
Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005, Paris, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:429-37. 2010..In HER2-positive tumor patients, trastuzumab added to ECD leads to increased pCR rates. It was the only combination to deserve further study according to the two-stage Fleming's design used in this trial...
- The effects of transurethral resection and cystoprostatectomy on dissemination of epithelial cells in the circulation of patients with bladder cancerF Desgrandchamps
Department of Urology, , Paris, France
Br J Cancer 81:832-4. 1999..These procedures are therefore unlikely to increase the risk of progression and metastasis in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder...
- Acute hepatitis E: a cause of lymphocytic destructive cholangitisDominique Wendum
Department of Pathology, Hopital Saint Antoine AP HP, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Hum Pathol 36:436-8. 2005..Therefore, hepatitis E should be considered as a diagnostic possibility when liver biopsy shows acute hepatitis and lymphocytic destructive cholangitis. The mechanism of bile duct damage in hepatitis E remains unknown...
- Exquisite sensitivity of TP53 mutant and basal breast cancers to a dose-dense epirubicin-cyclophosphamide regimenPhilippe Bertheau
Laboratoire de Pathologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
PLoS Med 4:e90. 2007..Breast cancers with a TP53 mutation were repeatedly shown to have a poor outcome, but whether this reflects poor response to treatment or greater intrinsic aggressiveness of the tumor is unknown...
- [Exquisite sensitivity of TP53 mutant breast cancers to dose-dense chemotherapy]Jacqueline Lehmann-Che
Service de Biochimie et CNRS Université Paris VII UMR7151, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 23:1021-3. 2007
- p53 dependent cell-cycle arrest triggered by chemotherapy in xenografted breast tumorsMariana Varna
INSERM U728, University Institute of Hematology, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 124:991-7. 2009..Conversely in TP53 mutated tumors, chemotherapy induces mitotic catastrophe and tumor death, accounting for complete response to this association exclusively in patients with TP53 mutated tumors...
- Increased incidence of ERBB2 overexpression and TP53 mutation in inflammatory breast cancerElizabeth Turpin
Service de Biochimie B and CNRS UPR9051, Hopital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, F 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Oncogene 21:7593-7. 2002..Given the importance of TP53 and ERBB2 in the response to treatments, our observations have important therapeutic implications for the clinical management of IBC patients...
- TP53 status and response to chemotherapy in breast cancerPhilippe Bertheau
Department of Pathology, Hospital St Louis, APHP and University Paris 7, INSERM U728, Paris, France
Pathobiology 75:132-9. 2008..In order to draw definite conclusions, future works should use more reliable methods to assess the TP53 status and should address more homogeneous tumor subpopulations treated with homogeneous chemotherapy regimens...
- Two prognostic groups of inflammatory breast cancer have distinct genotypesFlorence Lerebours
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM E0017 Oncogénétique, Centre Rene Huguenin, 35 rue Dailly, F 92211 St Cloud, France
Clin Cancer Res 9:4184-9. 2003..Analysis of loss of heterozygosity (LOH) can provide a molecular portrait of the genetic alterations underlying stepwise cancer progression. We tested the value of LOH patterns as diagnostic and prognostic markers in IBC...
- Evidence of chromosome regions and gene involvement in inflammatory breast cancerFlorence Lerebours
Inserm E0017 oncogénétique, St Cloud, France
Int J Cancer 102:618-22. 2002..In contrast, the DNA amplification levels of ERBB2, MYC and CCND1, as measured by real-time quantitative PCR, did not differ between IBC and non IBC...
- Clinicopathologic, phenotypic, and genotypic characteristics of gastrointestinal mesenchymal tumorsJean Francois Emile
Pathology Department, Ambroise Pare Hospital, Boulogne, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:597-605. 2004..This retrospective multicenter study included 276 patients with gastrointestinal mesenchymal tumors...