Genomes and Genes
- Adipose tissue transcriptomic signature highlights the pathological relevance of extracellular matrix in human obesityCorneliu Henegar
INSERM, UMR S 872, Les Cordeliers, Eq, 7 Nutriomique and Eq, 13, Paris, F 75006 France
Genome Biol 9:R14. 2008..However, the overall importance of these alterations, and their long-term impact on the metabolic functions of the WAT and on its morphology, remain unclear...
- Approaches for treatment of liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis CPierre Bedossa
Department of Pathology, Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Bicetre, Universite Paris XI, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94725 Le Kremlin Bicêtre, France
Clin Liver Dis 7:195-210. 2003..It is likely that in the future, besides viral eradication, another treatment goal in chronic HCV infection will be to reverse existing fibrosis, but considerable work is necessary before making this a reality...
- Liver extracellular matrix in health and diseasePierre Bedossa
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CNRS FRE2443, Hopital de Bicetre, 78 Avenue Géneral Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Pathol 200:504-15. 2003..In addition to these experimental data, experience from chronic hepatitis C now allows the development of new concepts and perspectives such as liver fibrosis regression and antifibrotic therapies...
- [Regression of hepatic fibrosis physiopathological aspects and clinical reality]Pierre Bedossa
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CNRS ESA 8067, Hôpital Bicêtre Le Kremlin Bicêtre 94
Presse Med 32:704-10. 2003..Although these treatments have shown efficacy on experimental models of fibrosis, to date, there are no published results formally confirming the efficacy and safety of these treatments in man...
- Sampling variability of liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis CPierre Bedossa
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Hepatology 38:1449-57. 2003..Sampling variability becomes a major limitation when using more accurate methods such as automated image analysis...
- Images in hepatology. Telangiectatic adenoma: a variant of hepatocellular adenomaPierre Bedossa
Hopital Beaujon, Service d Anatomie Pathologique
Ann Hepatol 3:163. 2004
- Dystroglycan expression in hepatic stellate cells: role in liver fibrosisPierre Bedossa
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital de Bicetre, Universite Paris Sud, France
Lab Invest 82:1053-61. 2002..Dystroglycan interaction with laminin should be implicated in the concentration of pericellular laminin and in the constitution of a perisinusoidal basement membrane during liver fibrosis...
- Impact of peginterferon and ribavirin therapy on hepatocellular carcinoma: incidence and survival in hepatitis C patients with advanced fibrosisAna Carolina Cardoso
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, INSERM U773 CRB3, Universite Denis Diderot Paris7, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
J Hepatol 52:652-7. 2010..We assessed the influence of combination therapy on the risk of HCC, liver-related complications (ascites, variceal bleeding), and liver-related death (or liver transplantation)...
- Early serum HBsAg drop: a strong predictor of sustained virological response to pegylated interferon alfa-2a in HBeAg-negative patientsRami Moucari
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 49:1151-7. 2009..HBsAg loss was observed in three patients, all with SVR...
- Insulin resistance in chronic hepatitis C: association with genotypes 1 and 4, serum HCV RNA level, and liver fibrosisRami Moucari
AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service d Hepatologie, Clichy F 92110, France
Gastroenterology 134:416-23. 2008..Our study was designed to test the association between insulin resistance (IR) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotypes, serum HCV RNA level and liver fibrosis stage in a large prospective cohort of chronic hepatitis C (CHC) patients...
- Heterogeneity of tumor prognostic markers: a reproducibility study applied to liver metastases of pancreatic endocrine tumorsAnne Couvelard
Department of Pathology, University of Paris 7, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Mod Pathol 22:273-81. 2009..Sampling variability should be taken into consideration as a potential limitation to the assessment of prognostic and therapeutic markers in biopsy samples from metastatic pancreatic endocrine tumors...
- Virological response at 4 weeks to predict outcome of hepatitis C treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirinMichelle Martinot-Peignoux
INSERM, U 773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Universite Paris VII, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Antivir Ther 14:501-11. 2009....
- Telangiectatic focal nodular hyperplasia: a variant of hepatocellular adenomaValerie Paradis
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 126:1323-9. 2004..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to reconsider the classification of telangiectatic FNH with the help of a molecular approach...
- Significant gene expression differences in histologically "Normal" liver biopsies: Implications for control tissueTarik Asselah
Service d Hépatologie and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U733, CRB3, Universite Paris Diderot, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 48:953-62. 2008..In chronic hepatitis C liver samples, a lower or higher expression of a IL8 was found depending on whether the controls were obtained percutaneously or surgically...
- Quantitative RT-PCR in cirrhotic nodules reveals gene expression changes associated with liver carcinogenesisMagali Colombat
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
J Pathol 201:260-7. 2003..The decrease in the expression level of one of these genes, LYVE1, was associated with monoclonality in cirrhotic nodules...
- Eradication of hepatitis C virus in patients successfully treated for chronic hepatitis CSarah Maylin
Universite Paris VII, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 135:821-9. 2008..It is unclear whether hepatitis C virus (HCV) is eradicated in patients with chronic hepatitis C who achieved a sustained virologic response (SVR)...
- Hepatocellular carcinomas in patients with metabolic syndrome often develop without significant liver fibrosis: a pathological analysisValerie Paradis
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 49:851-9. 2009..001). Five HCCs, all from the MS group, developed on a preexisting liver cell adenoma, with three of them showing typical histological features of telangiectatic adenoma...
- Overexpression of the oxygen sensors PHD-1, PHD-2, PHD-3, and FIH Is associated with tumor aggressiveness in pancreatic endocrine tumorsAnne Couvelard
Department of Pathology, University Paris 7, Clichy, France
Clin Cancer Res 14:6634-9. 2008..e., prolyl hydroxylase domain proteins (PHD)-1, PHD-2, PHD-3, and FIH in pancreatic endocrine tumors (PET)...
- Direct comparison of diagnostic performance of transient elastography in patients with chronic hepatitis B and chronic hepatitis CAna Carolina Cardoso
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U773 CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, APHP, University of Paris 7, Clichy, France
Liver Int 32:612-21. 2012..A secondary analysis was performed to assess whether or not alanine aminotransferase (ALT) levels would impact on the accuracy of TE...
- Proteomic assessment of markers for malignancy in the mucus of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreasOlivier Corcos
Service de gastroentérologie et d assistance nutritive, Hopital Beaujon, France
Pancreas 41:169-74. 2012..The aims of this study were to look for candidate protein profiles in IPMN mucus according to histological grade, using a differential proteomic technique, and to highlight protein peaks associated with malignant transformation...
- Biological and prognostic relevance of mitogen-activated protein kinases in pancreatic adenocarcinomaAdriana Handra-Luca
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, APHP Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, Bobigny, France
Pancreas 41:416-21. 2012....
- SCG10 expression on activation of hepatic stellate cells promotes cell motility through interference with microtubulesValerie Paradis
Department of Pathology, INSERM U773, the Serviced Hépatologie, Beaujon Hospital, AP HP, University Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 177:1791-7. 2010..SCG10 may represent a potential molecular target for anti-fibrosis therapies...
- Molecular profiling of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors in sporadic and Von Hippel-Lindau patientsDaniela Speisky
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Service de Gastroentérologie Pancréatologie, Service de Chirurgie Hépatique et Pancréatique, AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Clin Cancer Res 18:2838-49. 2012..Our aim was to characterize by molecular quantitative analysis a panel of molecules implicated in the VHL pathway and in tumor progression in the PanNET of patients with VHL...
- High rates of HBsAg seroconversion in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B patients responding to interferon: a long-term follow-up studyRami Moucari
AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service d Hepatologie, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92100 Clichy, France
J Hepatol 50:1084-92. 2009..To assess the HBsAg seroconversion rate and its impact on the long-term outcome in chronic hepatitis B patients treated with conventional interferon, and to analyze the serum HBsAg concentration prior to seroconversion...
- Accuracy and disagreement of computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging for the diagnosis of small hepatocellular carcinoma and dysplastic nodules: role of biopsyThomas Sersté
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, APHP Service d Hépatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 55:800-6. 2012..There was a disagreement regarding imaging findings between CT and MRI in 21 of 74 (28%) patients and no washout on both examinations in 23 of 74 patients (31%). In these 44 patients, liver biopsy provided an initial accurate diagnosis...
- Evidence for a role of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in hepatitis C: a prospective studyPierre Bedossa
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CNRS UMR 8149, Clichy, France
Hepatology 46:380-7. 2007..In multivariate analysis, triglyceride and HDL cholesterol were predictors of NASH in patients with genotype 1, whereas in patients with genotype 3, AST was the only predictor...
- A quantitative gene expression study suggests a role for angiopoietins in focal nodular hyperplasiaValerie Paradis
Service d Anatomie Pathologique and Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 124:651-9. 2003..To gain insight into the pathogenesis of FNH, we performed a large-scale quantitative study of gene expression in FNH...
- Changing trends in malignant transformation of hepatocellular adenomaOlivier Farges
Department of Hepato biliary Surgery, Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, Clichy, France
Gut 60:85-9. 2011..HCA with malignant transformation is, however, an ill-defined entity thought to be an anecdotic pathway to HCC. The objective of this study was to characterise malignancy occurring within HCA...
- Changes in autophagic response in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionPierre Emmanuel Rautou
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Clichy, France
Am J Pathol 178:2708-15. 2011..Neither genotype nor viral load influenced the autophagy level. In conclusion, autophagy is altered in hepatocytes from CHC patients, likely due to a blockade of the last step of the autophagic process...
- The expression of the hypoxia markers CA9 and CXCR4 is correlated with survival in patients with neuroendocrine tumours of the ileumLydia Deschamps
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CRB3 INSERM U773, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Neuroendocrinology 95:214-22. 2012..Our aim was to investigate the expression of these markers in a series of patients with an ileal neuroendocrine tumour (IET) at various stages of tumorigenesis...
- [Fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C infection: mechanisms and cofactors]Pierre Bedossa
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CNRS ESA8067, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:B163-7. 2002
- Telangiectatic adenoma: an entity associated with increased body mass index and inflammationValerie Paradis
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 46:140-6. 2007..Serum biomarkers of inflammation were increased in 90% of patients (19 of 22). After surgical resection, inflammatory marker levels returned to normal values in all patients tested...
- Identification of potential therapeutic targets by gene-expression profiling in pancreatic endocrine tumorsAnne Couvelard
Department of Pathology, Beaujon Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 131:1597-610. 2006..The aim of this study was to characterize PET gene expression by complementary DNA (cDNA) microarray and identify specific differences in gene-expression profiles between nonmetastatic and metastatic tumors...
- Pathology analysis reveals that dysplastic pancreatic ductal lesions are frequent in patients with hereditary pancreatitisVinciane Rebours
Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Service de Gastroentérologie Pancréatologie, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Paris, Clichy, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:206-12. 2010....
- Diagnostic performance of controlled attenuation parameter for predicting steatosis grade in chronic hepatitis BAna C Cardoso
Department of Hepatology and INSERM U773 CRB3, Hopital Beaujon, APHP, University of Paris 7, Clichy, France
Ann Hepatol 14:826-36. 2015..The aim of this study is to assess the performance of the CAP for the detection and quantification of steatosis in patients with chronic hepatitis B (CHB)...
- Predictors of tumor response after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal adenocarcinomasNathalie Guedj
Department of Pathology, Beaujon Hospital, 92110 Clichy, France
Hum Pathol 42:1702-9. 2011..This study highlighted the importance of predictive criteria to chemoradiotherapy response in proposing to selected patients an alternative treatment (eg, local resection) to more radical surgery...
- [Pathology of cholangiocarcinoma]Nathalie Guedj
Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Ann Pathol 30:455-63. 2010..In this chapter, we will describe the different gross features and histological characteristic of CC and will detail the major histopronostic criteria of these tumors...
- Comparative protein expression profiles of hilar and peripheral hepatic cholangiocarcinomasNathalie Guedj
Department of Pathology, Beaujon Hospital, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92118 Clichy, France
J Hepatol 51:93-101. 2009..Hepatic cholangiocarcinomas are tumors with poor prognosis and with increasing incidence worldwide. The aim of the study was to compare morphological features and protein profiles of hilar and peripheral cholangiocarcinomas...
- The role of replicative senescence in chronic allograft nephropathySophie Ferlicot
Department of Pathology, Bicetre Hospital, Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Hum Pathol 34:924-8. 2003..These results suggest that replicative senescence is a mechanism that might be involved in the development of CAN. The age of the donor appears to be the major determinant factor in replicative senescence...
- Effects and regulation of connective tissue growth factor on hepatic stellate cellsValerie Paradis
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Lab Invest 82:767-74. 2002..In conclusion, this study extends the role of CTGF in HSC activation and suggests that CTGF up-regulation might be a central pathway during HSC activation...
- [Pancreatic perivascular epithelioid cell tumor (PEComa)]Martine Perigny
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, 100, boulevard du General Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
Ann Pathol 28:138-42. 2008..These features were consistent with a PEComa. Pancreatic PEComas are rare, but should be included in the differential diagnostic of pancreatic clear cells tumors or pancreatic spindle- and epithelioid-cells tumors...
- Efficacy of peginterferon alpha-2b in chronic hepatitis delta: relevance of quantitative RT-PCR for follow-upCorinne Castelnau
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP INSERM U773 CRB3, Clichy, and Université Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Hepatology 44:728-35. 2006..The follow-up of HDV-RNA levels during therapy, which allows the differentiation of various profiles of virological responses, improves treatment monitoring...
- Algorithm for immediate cytologic diagnosis of hepatic tumorsLawrence F Pupulim
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris, 100, Blvd du Général Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:W208-12. 2008..The purpose of this study was to analyze the diagnostic accuracy of on-site cytologic assessment compared with definitive cytologic examination in the detection and correct subtyping of malignant hepatic lesions...
- [Sclerosing mesenteritis: can it be a IgG4 dysimmune disease?]Hicham Belghiti
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, 92118 Clichy Cedex, France
Ann Pathol 29:468-74. 2009..The pathogenesis is unknown until now. Hypothesis of a dysimmune disorder is advocated. Our purpose was to find histological basis to assert this hypothesis...
- Obliterative portal venopathy: portal hypertension is not always present at diagnosisDominique Cazals-Hatem
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hôpital Beaujon AP HP, Clichy and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, Universite Denis Diderot Paris 7, France
J Hepatol 54:455-61. 2011..Previous studies on obliterative portal venopathy (OPV) have been biased due to the selection of patients with non-cirrhotic portal hypertension. The aim of this study was to clarify the characteristics of OVP diagnosed by liver biopsy...
- CD10 expression in pancreatic endocrine tumors: correlation with prognostic factors and survivalLydia Deschamps
Department of Pathology, AP HP, Beaujon Hospital, 92110 Clichy, France
Hum Pathol 37:802-8. 2006..In conclusion, CD10 is expressed in a subset of PETs and correlates with histopathologic indicators of poor outcome, suggesting a role for this molecule in tumorigenesis and prognostic analysis...
- Diagnostic accuracy of FibroScan and comparison to liver fibrosis biomarkers in chronic viral hepatitis: a multicenter prospective study (the FIBROSTIC study)Francoise Degos
APHP, Hopital Beaujon, Hepatology Dept, INSERM U 773, Clichy, France
J Hepatol 53:1013-21. 2010..We assessed and compared the accuracy of FibroScan® and that of the main biomarkers used for predicting cirrhosis and significant fibrosis (METAVIR ≥ F2) in patients with chronic viral hepatitis...
- Plasma proteome to look for diagnostic biomarkers of early bacterial sepsis after liver transplantation: a preliminary studyCatherine Paugam-Burtz
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Beaujon, Bd du Général Leclerc, Clichy, France
Anesthesiology 112:926-35. 2010..This study used plasma profiling coupling Proteinchip array with surface-enhanced laser desorption ionization time-of-fly mass spectrometry to search for biomarkers of postoperative sepsis in patients who underwent liver transplantation...
- Measurement of telomere length on tissue sections using quantitative fluorescence in situ hybridization (Q-FISH)Sophie Ferlicot
Services d anatomie pathologique, Hopital de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre cedex, France
J Pathol 200:661-6. 2003..It is an easy, accurate, and reproducible in situ method for assessing telomeres in the context of cell type and tissue architecture...
- The role of immunohistochemistry in idiopathic chronic intestinal pseudoobstruction (CIPO): a case-control studyAurelien Amiot
Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Unité de Gastroentérologie et d assistance Nutritive, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Am J Surg Pathol 33:749-58. 2009..Although the histology usually permits to highlight pathologic abnormalities of CIPO, it fails in almost a third of cases. The yield of a systematic immunohistochemistry needs to be evaluating...
- Serum proteome to predict virologic response in patients with hepatitis C treated by pegylated interferon plus ribavirinValerie Paradis
Service d anatomie pathologie, Hopital Beaujon, and CNRS UMR 8149, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 130:2189-97. 2006..We used this approach to monitor the kinetics of serum proteome in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection receiving a standard bitherapy regimen to predict treatment response...
- Assessment of hepatitis C: non-invasive fibrosis markers and/or liver biopsyPierre Bedossa
Department of Pathology, Beaujon Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, INSERM, Paris Diderot University, Paris, France
Liver Int 29:19-22. 2009..In this article, the strengths and weaknesses of liver biopsy and of non-invasive markers will be reviewed and their respective roles in management of patients with chronic hepatitis C will be discussed...
- Performance of PIVKA-II for early hepatocellular carcinoma diagnosis and prediction of microvascular invasionNicolas Poté
Department of Pathology, Beaujon Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Clichy, France INSERM UMR 1149, Inflammation Research Center, Paris Diderot University, Paris, France
J Hepatol 62:848-54. 2015..However, experience with PIVKA-II in Europe remains limited...
- Non-invasive assessment of liver fibrosis by stiffness measurement in patients with chronic hepatitis BPatrick Marcellin
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U 773, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, University of Paris, Clichy, France
Liver Int 29:242-7. 2009..This study aims to assess its diagnosis accuracy in patients with chronic hepatitis B...
- A Prospective study of the utility of plasma biomarkers to diagnose alcoholic hepatitisJulien Bissonnette
Service d Hepatologie, DHU UNITY, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Clichy, France
Hepatology . 2017..ABIC score was B or C in 69%. For M65, the above cutoffs had a diagnostic accuracy of 81%. Even better results were obtained in patients with suspicion of severe AH (ABIC B or C) in both cohorts...
- Pathological prognostic factors in locally advanced rectal carcinoma after neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy: analysis of 113 casesAurélie Sannier
Department of Pathology, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Histopathology 65:623-30. 2014..The aim of this study was to evaluate postoperative histological prognostic factors in a series of surgical specimens after neoadjuvant RCT...
- Acute liver cell damage in patients with anorexia nervosa: a possible role of starvation-induced hepatocyte autophagyPierre Emmanuel Rautou
Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 135:840-8, 848.e1-3. 2008..Acute liver insufficiency is a rare complication of anorexia nervosa. The mechanisms for this complication are unclear. The aim of this study was to describe patient characteristics and clarify the mechanisms involved...
- Frozen sectioning of the pancreatic cut surface during resection of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas is useful and reliable: a prospective evaluationAnne Couvelard
Department of Pathology, Hospital Beaujon, University Paris VII, AP HP, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92118 Clichy Cedex, France
Ann Surg 242:774-8, discussion 778-80. 2005..To prospectively evaluate the accuracy of frozen sectioning (FS) of the pancreatic transection margin and its influence on surgery during resection of intraductal papillary and mucinous neoplasms (IPMNs)...
- Accumulation of Intrahepatic TNF-α-Producing NKp44+ NK Cells Correlates With Liver Fibrosis and Viral Load in Chronic HCV InfectionIsabelle Nel
From the Sorbonne Universités IN, OL, CP, VB, PD, VV, UPMC Univ Paris 06, INSERM U1135, CNRS ERL8255, Centre d Immunologie et des Maladies Infectieuses CIMI Paris, Paris Univ Paris Diderot ML, Inserm UMR 1149, CRI Paris Montmartre, Clichy AP HP PB, Service d Anatomie Pathologique and AP HP TA, PM, Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e3678. 2016..0234) and stage of fibrosis (P = 0.0003).Our findings suggest that the accumulation of intrahepatic tumor necrosis factor-α-producing NKp44 resident NK cells play a role in the liver damage associated with chronic HCV infection. ..
- Impact of different combined preservation modalities on warm ischemic kidneys: effect on oxidative stress, hydrostatic perfusion characteristics and tissue damageElodie Fabre
Laboratoire de Chirurgie Expérimentale UPRES EA 1602, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Urol Res 30:89-96. 2002..The reperfusion of HPP with UWCSS emphasises the stress initiated by CS. In addition an increase in damage occurred in the CS + HPP group...
- [A rare cervical tumor]Emna Chelbi
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Beaujon, 100, boulevard Général Leclerc, 92118 Clichy, France
Ann Pathol 28:170-2. 2008
- Proteomic screening identifies a YAP-driven signaling network linked to tumor cell proliferation in human schwannomasAlizée Boin
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, Paris, France A B, C C, D Lo, D La Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Paris, France I B, P H Mines ParisTech, Fontainebleau, France P H Breast Cancer Biology Group, Institut Curie, Paris, France T D Reverse Phase Protein Array Platform, Institut Curie, Paris, France C D, L D K Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, Paris, France D F Department of Neurosurgery, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France M K Unité Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Fondation Jean Dausset, Paris, France M K Pathology Department Beaujon Bichat, AP HP, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France A C Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France A C Pathology Department Beaujon Bichat, AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France P B Université Paris Diderot, PA 19486
Neuro Oncol 16:1196-209. 2014..The goal of our study was to evaluate the expression and activity of these signaling pathways in human schwannomas in order to identify new potential therapeutic targets...
- [A case of epithelioid hemangioma of the spine]Julien Calderaro
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Beaujon, 100, boulevard du General Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
Ann Pathol 31:312-5. 2011..Precise histological diagnosis is essential for accurate clinical management and to avoid overtreatment...
- [Post-cholecystectomy amputation neuroma of the common bile duct with obstructive jaundice]Mathieu Capovilla
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre cedex, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:79-81. 2005..Despite its rarity, amputation neuroma of the common bile duct should be considered in patients with post-cholecystectomy syndrome following liver or extrahepatic bile duct surgical procedures...
- Use of laser capture microdissection for clonal analysisValerie Paradis
Department of Pathology, Beaujon Hospital, 92110 Clichy, France
Methods Enzymol 356:129-36. 2002
- Solid adenoma with exclusive hepatocellular differentiation: a new variant among pancreatic benign neoplasms?Peggy Cuilliere
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Virchows Arch 441:519-22. 2002..The main differential diagnoses include hepatoid ductal adenocarcinoma, hepatoid acinar cell carcinoma, primitive hepatoid endocrine tumor, and metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma...
- [Neoplastic intraepithelial lesions of pancreatic ducts: new entities]Pierre Bedossa
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital de Bicetre, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Ann Pathol 22:357-66. 2002..PanIN classification might resume the different successive steps of molecular genetic or epigenetic events associated with the development of a pancreatic carcinoma...
- Molecular profiling of early stage liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionIvan Bieche
Laboratoire de Génétique Moléculaire UPRES EA 3618, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Virology 332:130-44. 2005..Some of the genes identified here could form the basis for new approaches aimed at refining IFN-based therapies for chronic HCV infection...
- Identification of a new marker of hepatocellular carcinoma by serum protein profiling of patients with chronic liver diseasesValerie Paradis
Faculte de Pharmacie, CNRS UMR 8149, Paris, France
Hepatology 41:40-7. 2005..In conclusion, global protein profiling is an efficient approach that enabled us to identify a catalytic fragment ofvitronectin as a new serum marker of HCC in patients with chronic liver diseases...
- A comparison of fibrosis progression in chronic liver diseasesThierry Poynard
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, et UPRESA 8067 CNRS, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Hepatol 38:257-65. 2003..No study has compared the liver fibrosis progression rates among chronic liver diseases and the risk factors in order to better organize screening strategies...
- Reversibility of hepatitis C virus-related cirrhosisStanislas Pol
Unité d Hépatologie, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Hum Pathol 35:107-12. 2004..In conclusion, long-lasting suppression of the necroinflammatory activity of liver disease and/or antifibrogenetic effects of interferon-alpha may allow regression of cirrhosis...
- Respective roles of porto-septal fibrosis and centrilobular fibrosis in alcoholic liver diseaseSophie Michalak
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU, 49033 Angers Cedex 01, France
J Pathol 201:55-62. 2003..PTF is more responsible for the amount of fibrosis than CLF. The results of this study also validate the use of the Metavir fibrosis score in alcoholic chronic liver disease...
- Serum alpha-fetoprotein predicts virologic response to hepatitis C treatment in HIV coinfected patientsFabrice Carrat
UPMC Paris6, UMR S707, INSERM, UMR S707, Saint Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
AIDS 22:1513-5. 2008..83; 95% confidence interval 1.05-3.20). Serum alpha-fetoprotein measurement should be integrated in the pretreatment assessment of prognostic factors of a virologic response...
- Liver gene expression signature of mild fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CTarik Asselah
Service d hépatologie and INSERM CRB3, AP HP Hôpital Beaujon, University of Paris VII, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 129:2064-75. 2005....
- Hepatic steatosis in HIV-HCV coinfected patients: analysis of risk factorsFirouzé Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM V707, Paris, France
AIDS 20:525-31. 2006..To evaluate the prevalence and severity of steatosis and possible interactions between steatosis, host factors, viral factors, and treatment for HIV infection in HIV-hepatitis C virus (HCV) coinfected patients...
- How to measure the diagnostic accuracy of noninvasive liver fibrosis indices: the area under the ROC curve revisitedJerome Lambert
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris INSERM, UMR S 707 unité de santé publique, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Clin Chem 54:1372-8. 2008..We explored other fibrosis staging accuracy measures designed for ordinal gold standards, the C-statistic and the Obuchowski measure...
- Serum alpha-foetoprotein level predicts treatment outcome in chronic hepatitis CSylvia Males
Unité d Epidémiologie des Maladies Emergentes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 12:797-803. 2007..To analyse the association between serum alpha-foetoprotein (AFP) levels and sustained virological response (SVR) in treated patients...
- Progression of fibrosis in HIV and hepatitis C virus-coinfected patients treated with interferon plus ribavirin-based therapy: analysis of risk factorsFirouzé Bani-Sadr
Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Est, Universite Paris 6, INSERM U707, France
Clin Infect Dis 46:768-74. 2008..We determined the prevalence and determinants of worsening fibrosis in patients coinfected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) who were receiving anti-HCV therapy...
- [Non invasive markers using for the assessment of fibrosis in hepatitis C]Jean Pierre Zarski
Clinique universitaire d hepato gastroentérologie, pôle DIGI DUNE, Unité INSERM U 548, CHU de Grenoble, Grenoble Cedex 9
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:4S34-9. 2007..Diagnostic accuracy is improved by the using of all the markers, especially of Fibrotest. Transient elastography is also a promising method for assessing the severity of cirrhosis...
- Genetics, genomics, and proteomics: implications for the diagnosis and the treatment of chronic hepatitis CTarik Asselah
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U773, CRB3, University of Paris VII, AP HP Hôpital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Semin Liver Dis 27:13-27. 2007..This article reviews genetic, genomic, and proteomic aspects associated with the natural history of HCV infection (i.e., viral clearance, fibrosis progression) and the response to therapy...
- In the new area of noninvasive markers of hepatocellular carcinomaValerie Paradis
J Hepatol 46:9-11. 2007
- Liver fibrosis in women with chronic hepatitis C: evidence for the negative role of the menopause and steatosis and the potential benefit of hormone replacement therapyLiana Codes
Service d Hepatologie, University of Paris VII, AP HP Hôpital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gut 56:390-5. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the severity of chronic hepatitis C in women, in relation to the menopause, steatosis and hormone replacement therapy (HRT)...
- Direct and indirect evidence for the reversibility of cirrhosisJeanne Serpaggi
Service d Hépatologie et INSERM U 567, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Pathol 37:1519-26. 2006..Using repeated liver biopsies, clinicobiochemical, radiologic, and endoscopic tests, we provide evidence for potential reversibility of cirrhosis after long-lasting suppression of the necro-inflammatory activity of liver disease...
- Glypican-3 expression in hepatocellular tumors: diagnostic value for preneoplastic lesions and hepatocellular carcinomasXiao Ying Wang
Service d Anatomie Pathologique Hôpital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hum Pathol 37:1435-41. 2006..Our results also suggest that GPC3 may be considered as an early marker of liver carcinogenesis because it is able to identify some cirrhotic macronodules with malignant potential...
- Global proteomic analysis of microdissected cirrhotic nodules reveals significant biomarkers associated with clonal expansionNathalie Guedj
CNRS UMR 8149, Faculte de Pharmacie, Paris V, Paris, France
Lab Invest 86:951-8. 2006..This study confirms that proteome analysis can be achieved from a limited number of microdissected cells, and provides further insight into the process of clonal expansion and malignant transformation of cirrhotic nodules...
- Cryoglobulinemia is associated with steatosis and fibrosis in chronic hepatitis CDavid Saadoun
Service de Médecine Interne and CNRS UMR 7087, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hepatology 43:1337-45. 2006..001), and steatosis higher than 10% (P = .04). In conclusion, our study shows an independent association between cryoglobulin and steatosis as well as advanced fibrosis...
- Molecular profiling of hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC) using a large-scale real-time RT-PCR approach: determination of a molecular diagnostic indexValerie Paradis
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique FRE 2443, Faculte de Pharmacie, Paris V, France
Am J Pathol 163:733-41. 2003..It might be useful to correctly diagnose borderline lesion or small well-differentiated hepatocellular carcinomas whose diagnosis is often difficult on a histopathological basis...
- Risk factors of fibrosis in alcohol-induced liver diseaseBruno Raynard
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157 rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart Cedex, France
Hepatology 35:635-8. 2002....
- Changes in renal function in patients with familial amyloid polyneuropathy treated with orthotopic liver transplantationRenaud Snanoudj
Service de Nephrologie, Hémodialyse et Transplantation, Villejuif, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:1779-85. 2004..Orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) has been proposed to prevent disease progression. Little is known about long-term changes in renal function and lesions after OLT...
- Signet-ring cell change in acute erosive gastropathyStephanie Dimet
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1111-2. 2004
- Sources of variability in histological scoring of chronic viral hepatitisMarie Christine Rousselet
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Angers, France
Hepatology 41:257-64. 2005..Agreement can be improved by experienced pathologist or consensus reading...
- A clear cell malignant gastrinoma of the pancreas with cytoplasmic accumulation of lipid dropletsAdjé Abbey-Toby
Virchows Arch 448:105-6. 2006
- Increased infiltration of macrophages in omental adipose tissue is associated with marked hepatic lesions in morbid human obesityRaffaella Cancello
INSERM, U755 Nutriomique, Service de Nutrition, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75004 Paris, France
Diabetes 55:1554-61. 2006..These data suggest that the presence of macrophages in omental WAT participates in the cellular mechanisms favoring hepatic fibroinflammatory lesions in obese patients...
- p63 gene expression study and early bladder carcinogenesisEva Comperat
CNRS UMR 8149, Faculté de Pharmacie Paris V, Paris, France
Urology 70:459-62. 2007....
- Genetic analysis of autoimmune sialadenitis in nonobese diabetic mice: a major susceptibility region on chromosome 1Olivier Boulard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 25, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Immunol 168:4192-201. 2002..1 in females and on chr.7 in males, probably because of the latent autoimmune predisposition of the NZW strain. Altogether these findings reflect the complexity and heterogeneity of human SS...