Genomes and Genes
- Evidence for a pharmacogenetic adapted dose of oral anticoagulant in routine medical practiceLaurent Becquemont
Pharmacology Department, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:953-60. 2008..Ongoing prospective randomised trials will ascertain definitive answer over the coming years...
- Influence of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphism on tacrolimus daily dose requirements and acute rejection in renal graft recipientsLina Quteineh
Pharmacology Department, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 103:546-52. 2008..Screening for this single nucleotide polymorphism before the transplantation might be helpful for the selection of adequate initial daily dose and to achieve the desired immunosuppression...
- SLCO1B1 genetic polymorphism influences mycophenolic acid tolerance in renal transplant recipientsHugues Michelon
Pharmacology Department, Univ Paris Sud, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin, Bicetre, France
Pharmacogenomics 11:1703-13. 2010..This study aimed to determine the influence of gene candidates on mycophenolic acid (MPA) response during the first year of renal transplantation...
- Cardiovascular Drugs and Metformin Drug Dosage According to Renal Function in Non-Institutionalized Elderly PatientsLaurent Becquemont
Pharmacology Department, Faculty of Medicine Paris Sud, University Paris Sud, UMR 1184, CEA, DSV iMETI, Division of Immuno Virology, IDMIT, INSERM Center for Immunology of Viral Infections and Autoimmune Diseases, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 118:468-73. 2016..32). In conclusion, approximately one-quarter of elderly patients treated with metformin do not have their dosage adapted for renal function according to ISS although there is no increase in mortality after follow-up for 3 years. ..
- Predicting falls in elderly patients with chronic pain and other chronic conditionsAida Lazkani
Pharmacology Department, Paris Sud Faculty of Medicine, AP HP, Bicetre Hospital, Paris Sud University, 63, rue Gabriel Péri, 94276, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 27:653-61. 2015..The aim was to identify fall predictors in elderly suffering from chronic pain (CP) and to test their applicability among patients with other chronic conditions...
- Genetic polymorphism of vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKORC1) 1173C>T in a Chinese and a Caucasian populationClaire Larramendy-Gozalo
Genetic Molecular, Pharmacogenetic and Hormonology Bicêtre University Hospital, University Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:611-3. 2006
- Primary care management of non-institutionalized elderly diabetic patients: The S.AGES cohort - Baseline dataSophie Bucher
General Practice Department, Paris Sud Faculty of Medicine, University of Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France INSERM, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, U1018, Gender, Sexual and Reproductive Health Team, University of Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France Electronic address
Prim Care Diabetes 9:267-74. 2015..Its objective is to describe the medical management in primary care. This article presents the baseline characteristics of subjects in the diabetes subcohort and compares the results to those from cohorts of older diabetic patients...
- Healthcare costs associated with elderly chronic pain patients in primary careAida Lazkani
Pharmacology Department, Paris Sud Faculty of Medicine, Paris Sud University, AP HP, Bicetre Hospital, 63, rue Gabriel Péri, 94276, Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 71:939-47. 2015..This study aimed to estimate the total healthcare costs associated with elderly chronic pain (CP) patients, define cost-related factors in this population, and examine cost evolution over two years...
- Association between Cardiovascular Drugs and Chronic Kidney Disease in Non-Institutionalized Elderly PatientsLaurent Becquemont
Pharmacology Department, Faculty of Medicine Paris Sud, APHP, Bicetre University Hospital, University Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 117:137-43. 2015..Only the introduction of loop diuretics was associated with CKD (OR 1.91, 95% CI: 1.25-2.90; p = 0.002). Renal safety of cardiovascular drugs in the elderly appears acceptable and should not be a barrier to their use. ..
- Tacrolimus dose requirement in pediatric liver transplantation: influence of CYP3A5 gene polymorphismPhilippe Durand
Pediatric Intensive Care Department, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bicetre Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Pharmacogenomics 14:1017-25. 2013..Little information is available regarding the influence of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphisms on tacrolimus dose requirement in pediatric liver transplantation...
- Consequences of dextropropoxyphene market withdrawal in elderly patients with chronic painLaurent Becquemont
Pharmacology Department, Faculty of Medicine Paris Sud, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, University Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 70:1237-42. 2014..Describe the consequences of dextropropoxyphene (DXP) market withdrawal on analgesic prescriptions and on the quality of therapeutic management of chronic pain...
- Do male and female general practitioners differently prescribe chronic pain drugs to older patients?Aida Lazkani
Pharmacology Department, Faculty of Medicine Paris Sud, University Paris Sud Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Pain Med 16:696-705. 2015..The aim of this study was to identify the relationship between general practitioner (GP) gender and prescribing practice of chronic pain drugs in older adults...
- Pharmacogenetics of acenocoumarol pharmacodynamicsSandrine Morin
Pharmacology Department, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:403-14. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the respective contribution of the different cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2C9 genetic polymorphisms to the interindividual variability of acenocoumarol pharmacodynamic response...
- Impact of VKORC1 haplotypes on long-term graft function in kidney transplantationLina Quteineh
Pharmacology Department, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Transplantation 86:779-83. 2008..We aimed to study the effect of VKORC1 haplotypes on long-term graft function in a cohort of kidney transplant recipients...
- Tobacco use is associated with increased plasma BDNF levels in depressed patientsRomain Colle
INSERM UMR 1178, University Paris Sud, Service de Psychiatrie, Hopital Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Psychiatry Res 246:370-372. 2016..Accordingly, current tobacco users had significantly higher plasma BDNF levels than non-users. In further studies of MDD, peripheral measures of BDNF should take into account tobacco use...
- Menopausal status could modulate the association between 5-HTTLPR and antidepressant efficacy in depressed women: a pilot studyFlorence Gressier
INSERM U669, Univ Paris Sud, Department of Psychiatry, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bicetre University Hospital, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Arch Womens Ment Health 17:569-73. 2014..Further research on a bigger sample is needed with steroids measurements to determine how menopausal status and 5-HTTLPR polymorphism influence antidepressant response. ..
- National observatory on the therapeutic management in ambulatory care patients aged 65 and over, with type 2 diabetes, chronic pain or atrial fibrillationLaurent Becquemont
Pharmacology Department Faculty of Medicine Paris Sud, University Paris Sud Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Therapie 68:265-83. 2013..Conclusion. The S.AGES cohort presents a unique opportunity to clarify the real-life therapeutic management of ambulatory elderly subjects and will help to identify the factors associated with the occurrence of major clinical events. ..
- Practical recommendations for pharmacogenomics-based prescription: 2010 ESF-UB Conference on Pharmacogenetics and PharmacogenomicsLaurent Becquemont
Univ Paris Sud, Faculty of Medicine Paris Sud, Pharmacology Department, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Pharmacogenomics 12:113-24. 2011..We hope that these practical recommendations will help physicians, biologists, scientists and other healthcare professionals to prescribe, perform and interpret these genetic tests...
- Environmental and genetic factors associated with morphine response in the postoperative periodLaurent Coulbault
Pharmacology Department, Saint Antoine University of Medicine, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:316-24. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the respective influence of genetic and nongenetic factors on morphine dose requirements and adverse effects after colorectal surgery...
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone, 5-HTTLPR genotype, and antidepressant response in depressed womenFlorence Gressier
Department of Psychiatry, Univ Paris Sud, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Psychiatr Genet 21:253-6. 2011..Further research is needed to understand the underlying mechanism explaining interactions between sex, TSH, and serotonergic function...
- The CGGGG insertion/deletion polymorphism of the IRF5 promoter is a strong risk factor for primary Sjögren's syndromeCorinne Miceli-Richard
INSERM U 802, Universite Paris Sud 11, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Arthritis Rheum 60:1991-7. 2009....
- Absence of association between MDR1 genetic polymorphisms, indinavir pharmacokinetics and response to highly active antiretroviral therapyCeline Verstuyft
Pharmacology Department, Saint Antoine Hospital, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris VI, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 37 rue de Chaligny 75012 Paris, France
AIDS 19:2127-31. 2005..The relationship between MDR1 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) and the pharmacokinetic or pharmacodynamic responses to protease inhibitors has been recently challenged...
- Pharmacogenomics of adverse drug reactions: practical applications and perspectivesLaurent Becquemont
Universite Paris Sud, Clinical Pharmacology Department, APHP, Hopital Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Pharmacogenomics 10:961-9. 2009..Parallel development of pharmacogenomic bed tests will certainly establish genetically-based prescriptions in routine medical practice...
- Proton pump inhibitors inhibit methotrexate transport by renal basolateral organic anion transporter hOAT3Rym Chioukh
EA 4123 Barrières Physiologiques et Réponses Thérapeutiques R C, M S N H, S R, L B, C V and EA 4529 Lipides Membranaires et Régulation Fonctionnelle du Cœur et des Vaisseaux N F, Universite Paris Sud, Faculte de Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry, France Centre de Recherche Clinique Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France L B and Service de Génétique Moléculaire, Pharmacogénétique et Hormonologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France C V
Drug Metab Dispos 42:2041-8. 2014..These in vitro results suggest that PPIs inhibit [(3)H]MTX transport via hOAT3 inhibition, which most likely explains the drug-drug interactions between MTX and PPIs and should be considered for other OATs substrates...
- Sirolimus-related systemic thrombotic microangiopathy after renal transplantationSimone Negrini
Centre de Recherche clinique Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Therapie 69:175-7. 2014..We discuss the clinical course, diagnosis and therapeutics of this patient in the context of the literature. ..
- Impact of genetic factors (VKORC1, CYP2C9, CYP4F2 and EPHX1) on the anticoagulation response to fluindioneKarine Lacut
EA 3878, Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, F 29609 Brest, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 73:428-36. 2012..The role of these variants in fluindione response is unknown. Our aim was to assess whether genetic factors contribute to the variability in the response to fluindione...
- Clinical relevance of pharmacogeneticsLaurent Becquemont
Pharmacology Department, Bicetre University Hospital, University Paris Sud, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Drug Metab Rev 35:277-85. 2003..To promote pharmacogenetics in routine medical practice, large prospective randomized trials are needed to demonstrate that pharmacogenetic orientated prescription can sometimes predict drug response without dramatic increase in costs...
- Frequency of cytochrome P450 2C9 allelic variants in the Chinese and French populationsJue Quin Yang
Pharmacology Department, Saint Antoine University Hospital University Pierre et Marie Curie Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 17:373-6. 2003..The low frequency of the CYP2C9*2 and CYP2C9*3 allelic variants in Chinese subjects does not justify their detection in clinical practice, unlike French Caucasians...