- Postoperative analgesia and recovery course after major colorectal surgery in elderly patients: a randomized comparison between intrathecal morphine and intravenous PCA morphineMarc Beaussier
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hospital St Antoine, APHP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 31:531-8. 2006..The aim of this randomized, double-blinded study was to compare intrathecal morphine and intravenous PCA morphine for postoperative analgesia and recovery course after major colorectal surgery in elderly patients...
- Haemodynamic stability during moderate hypotensive anaesthesia for spinal surgery. A comparison between desflurane and isofluraneM Beaussier
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, St Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 44:1154-9. 2000....
- Desflurane improves the throughput of patients in the PACU. A cost-effectiveness comparison with isofluraneMarc Beaussier
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, St Antoine University Hospital, and the University Paris XIII, Paris, France
Can J Anaesth 49:339-46. 2002..Our objective was to develop a cost-effectiveness approach for the comparison of isoflurane (I) and desflurane (D)...
- [Rapid recuperation after abdominal surgery. The anesthetist's point of view]M Beaussier
département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Ann Chir 129:10-6. 2004
- A randomized, double-blind comparison between parecoxib sodium and propacetamol for parenteral postoperative analgesia after inguinal hernia repair in adult patientsM Beaussier
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital St Antoine, 184 rue du Fbg St Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Anesth Analg 100:1309-15, table of contents. 2005..001). Within the first 12 h after inguinal hernia repair in adult patients, a single injection of parecoxib 40 mg compares favorably with 2 injections of propacetamol 2 g...
- [Residual neuromuscular blockade]M Beaussier
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris 75012, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:1266-74. 2005....
- Inguinal herniorrhaphy under monitored anesthesia care with ilioinguinal-iliohypogastric block: the impact of adding clonidine to ropivacaineMarc Beaussier
Département d Anesthésie Réanimation Hôpital St Antoine 184 rue du Fbg St Antoine, 75012 Paris France
Anesth Analg 101:1659-62. 2005....
- Acute desflurane or sevoflurane exposure on a previously stabilized atracurium-induced neuromuscular blockM Beaussier
St Antoine Hospital, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Paris, France
Eur J Anaesthesiol 23:755-9. 2006..The aim of this prospective study was to compare the effect of the administration of desflurane or sevoflurane to a fixed neuromuscular block...
- Parietal analgesia decreases postoperative diaphragm dysfunction induced by abdominal surgery: a physiologic studyMarc Beaussier
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, St Antoine Hospital, APHP Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Reg Anesth Pain Med 34:393-7. 2009..The purpose of this physiologic study was to evaluate the effect of continuous preperitoneal wound infusion (CPWI) of ropivacaine on PODD after open colorectal surgery...
- Continuous preperitoneal infusion of ropivacaine provides effective analgesia and accelerates recovery after colorectal surgery: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyMarc Beaussier
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, St Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 107:461-8. 2007..The role of continuous preperitoneal infusion of ropivacaine for pain relief and postoperative recovery after open colorectal resections was evaluated in a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial...
- Environmental and genetic factors associated with morphine response in the postoperative periodLaurent Coulbault
Pharmacology Department, Saint Antoine University of Medicine, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:316-24. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the respective influence of genetic and nongenetic factors on morphine dose requirements and adverse effects after colorectal surgery...
- Improving continuous wound infusion effectiveness for postoperative analgesia after cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trialThibaut Rackelboom
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Maternite Port Royal, France
Obstet Gynecol 116:893-900. 2010....
- A new technique for localization of hepatic tumors that are poorly visible with CT fluoroscopyLionel Arrive
Department of Radiology, Saint Antoine Hospital, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571, Paris Cedex 12, France
Eur Radiol 16:2811-6. 2006..In all 6 cases, repositioning allowed to adjust the needle in the tumor. This new technique allows an accurate localization of hepatic tumors that are poorly visible with CT fluoroscopy...
- An observational evaluation of the rate of awakening after isoflurane or desflurane used in daily clinical practiceM Beaussier
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Pharmacy, and Digestive Surgical Unit, St Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
J Clin Anesth 12:586-91. 2000..To evaluate the rate of awakening after desflurane (D) or isoflurane (I) anesthesia when used during daily clinical practice...
- Meta-analysis of intravenous lidocaine and postoperative recovery after abdominal surgeryE Marret
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Tenon University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Unité Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U707, Paris, France
Br J Surg 95:1331-8. 2008..Continuous intravenous administration of lidocaine may decrease the duration of ileus and pain after abdominal surgery...
- Cost analysis applied to postoperative analgesia regimens: a comparison between parecoxib and propacetamolP Tilleul
Department of Pharmacy, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Pharm World Sci 29:374-9. 2007..Postoperative pain management represents a significant part of perioperative costs. Non-opioid analgesics are often used in combination with opiates to improve pain relief and reduce opioid-related side effects...
- Organizational aspects to optimize patient's ambulatory pathwayMarc Beaussier
aAmbulatory Surgery Unit bDepartment of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, St Antoine University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Sorbonne Universités, UPMC University, Paris, France
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 28:636-41. 2015..This review is intended to update organizational concepts that could improve ambulatory surgery center efficiency...
- Objective assessment of the immediate postoperative analgesia using pupillary reflex measurement: a prospective and observational studyMourad Aissou
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, St Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 116:1006-12. 2012..We hypothesized that PDR could be a reliable index of pain intensity and could guide morphine administration in the immediate postoperative period...
- Accuracy of patient's turnover time prediction using RFID technology in an academic ambulatory surgery centerFlorence Marchand-Maillet
Ambulatory Surgery Unit and the Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, St Antoine University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 184 rue du Fbg St Antoine, 75571, Paris Cedex 12, France
J Med Syst 39:12. 2015..Using an automatic record of patient's length of stay would allow an accurate prediction of the discharge time according to the type of surgery, the surgeon and the anesthetic procedure...
- Positive end-expiratory pressure does not decrease cardiac output during laparoscopic liver surgery: A prospective observational evaluationDenis Bernard
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, St Antoine University Hospital, Paris, France
HPB (Oxford) 19:36-41. 2017..However, by increasing intraluminal vena cava (VC) pressures, PEEP may prevent PNP-induced VC collapse. The aim of this study was to test the validity of this hypothesis...
- The effects of intraoperative lung protective ventilation with positive end-expiratory pressure on blood loss during hepatic resection surgery: A secondary analysis of data from a published randomised control trial (IMPROVE)Arthur Neuschwander
From the Department of Intensive Care and Anesthesiology, AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, hôpitaux universitaires Paris Nord Val de Seine, Paris AN, ME, CPB Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Estaing Hospital, University Teaching Hospital of Clermont Ferrand, and R2D2 unit, EA 7281, Clermont Ferrand EF Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hopital Saint Eloi, University Teaching Hospital of Montpellier and INSERM U 1046, Montpellier SJ University Hospital of Clermont Ferrand, Biostatistics Unit DRCI, Clermont Ferrand BP Department of Anesthesiology and Critical care Medicine, Hopital Tenon, AP HP EM, OS Department of Anesthesiology and Critical care Medicine, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Université Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS VI MB University Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité CPB and INSERM U773, CRB3, Paris, France CPB
Eur J Anaesthesiol 33:292-8. 2016..It has been speculated, however, that mechanical ventilation using PEEP might increase intraoperative bleeding during liver resection...
- Efficacy and safety of ultrasound-guided distal blocks for analgesia without motor blockade after ambulatory hand surgeryNicolas Dufeu
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive care and Outpatient Surgery Unit, St Antoine University Hospital, Assistance Publique, AP HP, Paris, France Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, St Antoine University Hospital, Assistance Publique, AP HP, Paris, France Department of Anesthesiology, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY
J Hand Surg Am 39:737-43. 2014..To assess the suitability of ultrasound-guided (USG), single-injection distal block(s) for pain management after outpatient hand and wrist bone surgery...
- Role of nitric oxide and cyclooxygenase pathways in the coronary vascular effects of halothane, isoflurane and desflurane in red blood cell-perfused isolated rabbit heartsM Beaussier
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Br J Anaesth 88:399-407. 2002..In this study, the roles of NO and cyclooxygenase pathways in the coronary effects of halothane, isoflurane and desflurane were studied in isolated red blood cell-perfused rabbit hearts...
- [Ischaemic cholestasis in intensive care unit]M Beaussier
département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 27:709-18. 2008..Ischaemic cholestasis can be ascribed, at least partly, to hypoxia-induced disorders in the expression of hepatocytes biliary salts membrane transporters...