- Estimating the resources needed and savings anticipated from roll-out of adult male circumcision in Sub-Saharan AfricaBertran Auvert
Hopital Paul Brousse, INSERM U687, Villejuif, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2679. 2008..This paper estimates the financial and human resources required to roll out MAMC and the net savings due to reduced infections...
- Association of oncogenic and nononcogenic human papillomavirus with HIV incidenceBertran Auvert
INSERM U687, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94804 Villejuif, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:111-6. 2010..Little is known about the interaction between human papillomavirus (HPV) and HIV. This study aimed to explore the association of oncogenic (high risk) and nononcogenic (low risk) HPV with HIV incidence...
- Association of the ANRS-12126 male circumcision project with HIV levels among men in a South African township: evaluation of effectiveness using cross-sectional surveysBertran Auvert
UMRS 1018, CESP, INSERM Villejuif, France AP HP, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne, France University of Versailles Saint Quentin, Versailles, France
PLoS Med 10:e1001509. 2013..We assessed the effectiveness of VMMC roll-out on the levels of HIV in the South African township of Orange Farm where the first randomized controlled trial (RCT) to test the effect of VMMC on HIV acquisition was conducted in 2002-2005...
- Male circumcision and Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Chlamydia trachomatis and Trichomonas vaginalis: observations after a randomised controlled trial for HIV preventionJ Sobngwi-Tambekou
INSERM U687, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Sex Transm Infect 85:116-20. 2009..To assess the association between male circumcision and Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Chlamydia trachomatis and Trichomonas vaginalis using data from a male circumcision randomised controlled trial...
- Can HIV incidence testing be used for evaluating HIV intervention programs? A reanalysis of the Orange Farm male circumcision trial (ANRS-1265)Agnes Fiamma
Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles Program in Global Health, Johannesburg, South Africa
BMC Infect Dis 10:137. 2010..The objective of this study was to estimate the effect of male circumcision (MC) on HIV acquisition estimated using HIV incidence assays and to compare it to the effect measured by survival analysis...
- The HIV/AIDS epidemic in Cuba: description and tentative explanation of its low HIV prevalenceHector de Arazoza
Facultad de Matematica y Computacion, Universidad de La Habana, La Habana, Cuba
BMC Infect Dis 7:130. 2007..The Cuban HIV/AIDS epidemic has the lowest prevalence rate of the Caribbean region. The objective of this paper is to give an overview of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Cuba and to explore the reasons for this low prevalence...
- Statistical power and estimation of incidence rate ratios obtained from BED incidence testing for evaluating HIV interventions among young peopleBertran Auvert
CESP INSERM UVSQ UMRS 1018, Villejuif, France
PLoS ONE 6:e21149. 2011....
- High-risk human papillomavirus is associated with HIV acquisition among South African female sex workersBertran Auvert
CESP INSERM UVSQ U1018, Villejuif, France
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2011:692012. 2011..Mounting evidence suggests an association between human papillomavirus (HPV) and HIV acquisition. This study aimed to explore this association among South African female sex workers (FSWs)...
- The effect of heterogeneity on HIV prevention trialsBertran Auvert
Inserm U1018, Villejuif, France
Clin Trials 8:144-54. 2011..Randomized controlled trials (RCTs) for the prevention of HIV heterosexual acquisition are usually conducted among adult African populations with high heterogeneity in individual risk of infection...
- Effect of male circumcision on the prevalence of high-risk human papillomavirus in young men: results of a randomized controlled trial conducted in Orange Farm, South AfricaBertran Auvert
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, University of Versailles, France
J Infect Dis 199:14-9. 2009..The objective of the present study was to investigate the association between male circumcision (MC) and the prevalence of HR-HPV among young men...
- Association of low-risk human papillomavirus infection with male circumcision in young men: results from a longitudinal study conducted in Orange Farm (South Africa)Chloé Tarnaud
CESP, INSERM UVSQ, UMRS 1018, Hopital Paul Brousse, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2011:567408. 2011..Low-Risk Human Papillomavirus (LR-HPV) genotypes 6 and 11 cause genital warts. This study investigated the association of LR-HPV infection with male circumcision (MC)...
- Randomized, controlled intervention trial of male circumcision for reduction of HIV infection risk: the ANRS 1265 TrialBertran Auvert
Hopital Ambroise Pare, Assitance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Boulogne, France
PLoS Med 2:e298. 2005..Observational studies suggest that male circumcision may provide protection against HIV-1 infection. A randomized, controlled intervention trial was conducted in a general population of South Africa to test this hypothesis...
- Adult male circumcision as an intervention against HIV: an operational study of uptake in a South African community (ANRS 12126)Pascale Lissouba
CESP INSERM UVSQ UMRS 1018, Villejuif, France
BMC Infect Dis 11:253. 2011..To evaluate the knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about adult male circumcision (AMC), assess the association of AMC with HIV incidence and prevalence, and estimate AMC uptake in a Southern African community...
- Association of genital human papillomavirus infection with HIV acquisition: a systematic review and meta-analysisPascale Lissouba
CESP INSERM UVSQ UMRS 1018, Villejuif, France
Sex Transm Infect 89:350-6. 2013..To conduct a systematic review and a meta-analysis of epidemiological studies investigating the association of genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and HIV acquisition...
- A model for the roll-out of comprehensive adult male circumcision services in African low-income settings of high HIV incidence: the ANRS 12126 Bophelo Pele ProjectPascale Lissouba
INSERM U1018 Centre de Recherche en Epidémiologie et Santé des Populations CESP, Villejuif, France
PLoS Med 7:e1000309. 2010..The objective of this study was to investigate the feasibility of the roll-out of medicalized AMC according to UNAIDS/WHO operational guidelines in a targeted African setting...
- Level of viral suppression and the cascade of HIV care in a South African semi-urban setting in 2012Kévin Jean
aDepartment of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom bINSERM U1018, Villejuif, France cHIV Department, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, National Health Laboratory Service dFaculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa eMédecins du monde, Paris, France fProgressus Research and Development gCHAPS, Johannesburg, South Africa hUNAIDS, Geneva, Switzerland iMedecins sans frontières, Paris, France jWestern Sydney Sexual Health Centre kUniversity of Sydney, Sydney, Australia lPharmacology, APHP Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris mAssistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne Billancourt nFaculty of Medicine, University of Versailles Saint Quentin, Versailles, France
AIDS 30:2107-16. 2016....
- High rate of adverse events following circumcision of young male adults with the Tara KLamp technique: a randomised trial in South AfricaEmmanuel Lagarde
INSERM U687, IFR69, Villejuif, France
S Afr Med J 99:163-9. 2009..The Tara KLamp (TK) device has been claimed to enable circumcisions to be performed safely and easily in medical and non-medical environments. Published evaluation studies have been conducted among young children only...
- [Male circumcision: hope for HIV infection decrease in southern Africa]Camille Legeai
Unite d Epidemiologie, Hopital Ambroise Pare, 9, avenue du General de Gaulle, 92100 Boulogne Billancourt, France
Med Sci (Paris) 24:499-504. 2008..At the same time, research goes on in order to know more about the effects and to facilitate the generalization of this prevention mean which is a great hope for southern Africa...
- Partial inactivation of CCR5- and CXCR4- tropic HIV-1 by human urineBertran Auvert
Unité INSERM U, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Arch Virol 156:2181-6. 2011....
- Prevalence, characteristics, and outcomes of patients presenting with cardiogenic unilateral pulmonary edemaDavid Attias
Department of Cardiology, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin, Ambroise Pare Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Boulogne, France
Circulation 122:1109-15. 2010..Cardiogenic unilateral pulmonary edema (UPE) is a rare entity, frequently leading to initial misdiagnosis. We sought to assess the prevalence of UPE and to determine its impact on prognosis compared with bilateral pulmonary edema...
- Influence of trial duration on the bias of the estimated treatment effect in clinical trials when individual heterogeneity is ignoredElsa Cécilia-Joseph
Inserm U1018, CESP Centre for research in Epidemiology and Population Health, Villejuif, France Faculté de Médecine, University Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Biom J 57:371-83. 2015..The possibility of interpreting the long-term decrease in treatment effects as a bias induced by heterogeneity and trial duration is illustrated by a trial in oncology where adjuvant chemotherapy in stage 1B NSCLC was investigated. ..