- Vitamin D supplementation and total mortality: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsPhilippe Autier
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, F 69372 Lyon, France
Arch Intern Med 167:1730-7. 2007..We examined the risk of dying from any cause in subjects who participated in randomized trials testing the impact of vitamin D supplementation (ergocalciferol [vitamin D(2)] or cholecalciferol [vitamin D(3)]) on any health condition...
- 'Environment' in cancer causation and etiological fraction: limitations and ambiguitiesPaolo Boffetta
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69008 Lyon, France
Carcinogenesis 28:913-5. 2007
- Plasma phospholipid fatty acid profiles and their association with food intakes: results from a cross-sectional study within the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and NutritionMitra Saadatian-Elahi
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Am J Clin Nutr 89:331-46. 2009..Plasma phospholipid fatty acids have been correlated with food intakes in populations with homogeneous dietary patterns. However, few data are available on populations with heterogeneous dietary patterns...
- Vitamin D receptor and calcium sensing receptor polymorphisms and the risk of colorectal cancer in European populationsMazda Jenab
Lifestyle and Cancer Group, IARC, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69008, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2485-91. 2009..These results confirm a role for the BsmI polymorphism of the VDR gene in CRC risk, independent of serum 25OHD concentration and dietary calcium intake...
- Is FOB screening really the answer for lowering mortality in colorectal cancer?Philippe Autier
Centre for Research in Epidemiology CRESIS, Luxembourg Health Institute, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Recent Results Cancer Res 163:254-63; discussion 264-6. 2003..Therefore, recommending general population screening with biennial FOBT is still an open question...
- The impact of reimbursement criteria on the appropriateness of 'statin' prescribingPhilippe Autier
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 10:456-62. 2003..41 mmol/l) after a three-month lipid-lowering diet. We investigated the possible impact of these regulations on characteristics of Belgian patients receiving a lipid-lowering drug...
- Re: Sun exposure and mortality from melanomaPhilippe Autier
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1159; author reply 1159-60. 2005
- Cancer survival statistics should be viewed with cautionPhilippe Autier
Lancet Oncol 8:1050-2; author reply 1053-4. 2007