- [Metabolic fatty liver diseases: hepatic consequences of the metabolic syndrome]Rodolphe Anty
INSERM, U568, Nice
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:1127-34. 2007..Drugs such as thiazolidinediones, known to reduce insulin resistance and inflammation, still need further evaluation...
- The osteopontin level in liver, adipose tissue and serum is correlated with fibrosis in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseStéphanie Patouraux
INSERM, U1065, Equipe 8, Complications Hépatiques de l Obésité, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 7:e35612. 2012..We aimed to quantify the liver, adipose tissue and serum levels of OPN in heavy alcohol drinkers and to compare them with the histological severity of hepatic inflammation and fibrosis...
- Serum markers of hepatocyte death and apoptosis are non invasive biomarkers of severe fibrosis in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseVanessa Jeannette Lavallard
Team 8, Hepatic complications of obesity, INSERM, U895, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 6:e17599. 2011..Our aims were to quantify and correlate the circulating levels of Cytokeratin 18 (CK18) and its caspases-generated fragment to disease severity in heavy alcoholics...
- Immunoglobulin G4-associated autoimmune hepatitis may be found in Western countriesClémence M Canivet
University Hospital of Nice, Digestive Centre, Nice, France National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM, U1065, Team 8, Hepatic Complications in Obesity, Nice, France University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, College of Medicine, Nice, France
Dig Liver Dis 48:302-8. 2016..Immunoglobulin G4-related disease is a multi-systemic autoimmune disease. The sole involvement of the liver has been recently reported in Japanese patients and named "immunoglobulin G4-associated autoimmune hepatitis"...
- Regular coffee but not espresso drinking is protective against fibrosis in a cohort mainly composed of morbidly obese European women with NAFLD undergoing bariatric surgeryRodolphe Anty
Institut National de Sante et de Recherche Medicale INSERM, U1065, Team 8, Hepatic Complications in Obesity, Nice, F 06204 Cedex 3, France
J Hepatol 57:1090-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the influence of coffee and other caffeinated drinks on liver fibrosis of severely obese European patients...
- Effects of total enteral nutrition supplemented with a multi-fibre mix on faecal short-chain fatty acids and microbiotaStephane M Schneider
Department of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital, Nice, France
Clin Nutr 25:82-90. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the effects of a multi-fibre-enriched formula (15 g/l) and a fibre-free isoenergetic and isonitrogenous formula on faecal SCFAs and microbiota in long-term enteral nutrition (EN) patients...
- [A man with non alcoholic steatohepatitis]Albert Tran
Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hôpital L Archet 2, BP 3079, 06202 Nice Cedex 3
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:806-8. 2003
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes through A Gab1/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Glut4 pathwayAdeline Bertola
INSERM, U 568, F 06107 Nice, France, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, F 06107, Nice, France
J Biol Chem 282:10325-32. 2007..These data provide the first evidence that in vitro HGF promotes glucose uptake through a Gab1/PI 3-kinase/PKB/AS160 pathway which was altered in tumor necrosis factor alpha-treated adipocytes...
- Bariatric surgery can correct iron depletion in morbidly obese women: a link with chronic inflammationRodolphe Anty
INSERM, U568, Nice, 06107, France
Obes Surg 18:709-14. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the relationship between iron status and markers of inflammation in morbidly obese women and the effect of bariatric surgery...
- Predictors of metabolic syndrome persistence 1 year after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassFrancesco Martini
University Hospital of Nice, Digestive Center, Nice, France University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculty of Medicine, Nice, France Electronic address
Surg Obes Relat Dis 11:1054-60. 2015..Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGB) is effective in reversing the metabolic syndrome (MS) in up to 90% of patients...
- The inflammatory C-reactive protein is increased in both liver and adipose tissue in severely obese patients independently from metabolic syndrome, Type 2 diabetes, and NASHRodolphe Anty
INSERM U 568, Nice, France
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1824-33. 2006..Its clinical usefulness in the diagnosis of NASH was evaluated in severely obese patients without or with MS, diabetes, and NASH and the potential roles of the liver and of the adipose tissue in CRP production were characterized...
- Glucose intolerance and hypoadiponectinemia are already present in lean patients with chronic hepatitis C infected with genotype non-3 virusesRodolphe Anty
Centre Hospitalier de Nice, pole digestif, Nice, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:671-7. 2007....
- Increased adipose tissue expression of hepcidin in severe obesity is independent from diabetes and NASHSoumeya Bekri
Laboratoire d Hépato Gastroentérologie, EA1186, Faculté Médecine de Nice, Nice, France
Gastroenterology 131:788-96. 2006..We have investigated the possible involvement of hepcidin in massive obesity, a state of chronic low-grade inflammation. Three groups of severely obese patients with or without diabetes or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis were investigated...