- [Subjective experience and disability work: qualitative analysis among 17 paraplegic patients]M Brouard
Universite Lille Nord de France, B P 60149, 59653 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 51:394-402. 2008..The results section gives a detailed account of these processes at work. The results are then considered in relation to relevant constructs in the literature, including grief work, illness work and identity, adaptation and acceptance...
- Awareness of deficits in Alzheimer's disease patients: analysis of performance prediction discrepanciesPascal Antoine
URECA, University of Lille Nord de France, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 67:237-44. 2013..METHODS : Analysis was conducted on cognitive performance prediction discrepancies in a sample of Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients and a matched comparison group...
- Young couples' experiences of breast cancer during hormone therapy: an interpretative phenomenological dyadic analysisPascal Antoine
Lille Nord de France University, Lille, France
Cancer Nurs 36:213-20. 2013..In addition, they face problems specifically related to their age, such as their children's education and their family responsibilities, marital relationships, and career issues...
- Emotional and psychological implications of early AD diagnosisPascal Antoine
University Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France
Med Clin North Am 97:459-75. 2013....
- [Elderly distress: cognitive schemas identification]Pascal Antoine
Université Lille 3, UPRES URECA EA 1059, Equipe FASE, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 5:305-14. 2007..In the same way, autonomy and institutionalization were significantly linked to some schemas, in particular those specific to aging. The interest to develop an standardized inventory from this set of schemas is discussed...
- [Dyadic Adjustment Scale: clinical interest of a revision and validation of an abbreviated form]P Antoine
Université Lille 3, Ureca EA 1059, équipe Famille, santé et émotion, 59653 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Encephale 34:38-46. 2008..Nevertheless, a precise analysis of DAS is required in order to grasp both the individual profiles and the pattern differences between the individuals...
- Development and validation of the Cognitive Inventory of subjective distressPascal Antoine
University Lille North of France UPRES URECA EA 1059 Family, Health and Emotion Group, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:1175-81. 2008..This study was aimed at exploring some of the facets of psychological distress during aging, and at validating an inventory, the Cognitive Inventory of Subjective Distress (CISD) for assessing this kind of distress...
- Crossed evaluations of temptation to drink, strain and adjustment in couples with alcohol problemsPascal Antoine
Univ Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France
J Health Psychol 14:1156-62. 2009..78) except for five measures of spouse strain which were lower (.31 to .50). Results show discrepancies concerning marital function and the temptation to drink which could be important when planning treatment and prevention of relapse...
- Emotional differentiation and parental bonding in inpatients suffering from eating disordersDelphine Rommel
Laboratory URECA, University Lille North of France, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Br J Clin Psychol 52:215-29. 2013....
- Motives for secondary social sharing of emotionsVéronique Christophe
University of Lille 3, UPRES URECA EA 1059, B P 60149, F 59653 Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, France
Psychol Rep 103:11-22. 2008..Participants reported having spread the emotional narrative more widely in the high negative condition in order to seek emotional support and social comparison...
- From 'needing to know' to 'needing not to know more': an interpretative phenomenological analysis of couples' experiences with early-onset Alzheimer's diseaseEmilie Wawrziczny
Laboratory SCALab, UMR CNRS 9193, University of Lille, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Scand J Caring Sci 30:695-703. 2016..To explore the experiences and adjustment modes of couples during the period between the initial signs of the Alzheimer's disease (AD) and the years following diagnosis, particularly in the case of early-onset AD...
- Couples' experiences with early-onset dementia: An interpretative phenomenological analysis of dyadic dynamicsEmilie Wawrziczny
Department of Psychology, Laboratory URECA EA 1059, University of Lille 3, Villeneuve d Ascq, France Roubaix Hospital, Addiction Service, Roubaix, France
Dementia (London) 15:1082-99. 2016..The present study on 16 couples examines the experiences of each partner, as well as the kinds of interactions taking place within the dyad and how they have evolved since the disease began...
- Factual understanding of randomized clinical trials: a multicenter case-control study in cancer patientsTanguy Leroy
URECA EA 1059 Staff Family, Health and Emotion, Univ Lille Nord de France Université de Lille 3, BP 60149, 59653, Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, France
Invest New Drugs 29:700-5. 2011..Practice Implications Having better knowledge about patients' difficulties in understanding RCTs would allow physicians to adjust the information they give and then to enhance patients' well-being...
- Level of emotional awareness in the general French population: effects of gender, age, and education levelJean Louis Nandrino
a URECA EA 1059, Université Charles de Gaulle Lille 3, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Int J Psychol 48:1072-9. 2013..In addition, given the high degree of variability in previously observed scores in the French population, we propose a standard based on our French sample...
- Impact of emotional awareness and parental bonding on emotional eating in obese womenDelphine Rommel
URECA EA1059, University Lille North of France, 59653 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Appetite 59:21-6. 2012..Regression analyses showed that paternal and maternal overprotection negatively influenced obese patients' levels of emotional awareness and that emotional awareness positively influenced their emotional eating...
- [An index of understanding randomised clinical trials in oncology]Tanguy Leroy
Univ Lille Nord de France Université de Lille III URECA EA 1059, BP 60149 F 59653 Villeneuve d Ascq Cedex, Centre Oscar Lambret, Lille, France
Bull Cancer 96:741-50. 2009..Better evaluations of the knowledge of the patients who participate to randomised clinical trials seem to be a distinct asset to improve these patients' global clinical care...
- When deception influences memory: the implication of theory of mindMohamad El Haj
a CNRS, CHU Lille, UMR 9193 SCALab Sciences Cognitives et Sciences Affectives, University of Lille, Lille, France
Q J Exp Psychol (Hove) . 2016..By showing the involvement of deception and theory of mind in destination memory, our findings emphasize the memory variations in social and interpersonal interactions...
- Destination Memory in Korsakoff's SyndromeMohamad El Haj
UMR 9193 SCALab Sciences Cognitives et Sciences Affectives, CNRS, CHU Lille, University of Lille, Lille, France
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 40:1321-7. 2016..This study examined whether a similar deficit would be observed for destination memory, that is, the ability to remember to whom an information was previously transmitted...
- Flashbulb memories of Paris attacks: Recall of these events and subjective reliving of these memories in a case with Alzheimer diseaseMohamad El Haj
SCALab Sciences Cognitives et Sciences Affectives, UMR 9193, CNRS, CHU Lille, University of Lille, Lille, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e5448. 2016..Flashbulb memories are detailed and vivid memories of attributes of the reception context of surprising and emotionally arousing public events...
- Modeling the Distress of Spousal Caregivers of People with DementiaEmilie Wawrziczny
Laboratory SCALab, UMR CNRS 9193, University of Lille, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
J Alzheimers Dis 55:703-716. 2016..The progressive mobilization of spouse caregivers who take care of a person with dementia (PWD) can lead to situations of distress...
- More emotional facial expressions during episodic than during semantic autobiographical retrievalMohamad El Haj
Univ Lille, CNRS, CHU Lille, UMR 9193 SCALab Sciences Cognitives et Sciences Affectives, F 59000, Lille, France
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 16:374-81. 2016..Our study provides insight into facial expressions that are associated with emotional autobiographical memory. It also highlights an ecological tool to reveal physiological changes that are associated with emotion and memory. ..
- Hallucinations, loneliness, and social isolation in Alzheimer's diseaseMohamad El Haj
a SCALab Sciences Cognitives et Sciences Affectives, UMR 9193, CNRS, CHU Lille, University of Lille, F 59000 Lille, France
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 21:1-13. 2016..To assess this assumption, the present study explored the relationship between social isolation, loneliness, and hallucinations in a sample of 22 mild AD participants and 24 elderly, healthy controls...
- [Awareness of deficits and anosognosia in Alzheimer's disease]C Antoine
Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Wasquehal, Le Molinel, 59290 Wasquehal
Encephale 30:570-7. 2004..Those possible directions for future research and solutions concerning methodological and conceptual problems are outlined. In particular, a neuro-psycho-social view of unawareness is introduced...
- [Buruli disease and plastic surgery]P Knipper
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 49:265-72. 2004..This presentation proposes to take care efficiently of the Buruli ulcer by simple plastic surgery techniques. We relate our experience of a mission in Benin, in the context of the national programme of struggle against the Buruli ulcer...