- Relationship between C reactive protein and pulse pressure is not mediated by atherosclerosis or aortic stiffnessJacques Amar
Department of Internal Medicine and Arterial Hypertension, CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Hypertens 22:349-55. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate the role played by the arterial structure and the aortic stiffness on these relationships...
- Energy intake is associated with endotoxemia in apparently healthy menJacques Amar
INSERM 558, Toulouse, France
Am J Clin Nutr 87:1219-23. 2008..The bridge between food intake and weight is not fully understood. Recently, the role of gut microbiota and bacterial lipopolysacharides (LPS) in weight has been noted...
- [Prevention in cardiovascular pathology]B Chamontin
, Pavillon Turiaf, Place du Docteur Baylac, 31059 Toulouse, France
Therapie 56:119-24. 2001..The general population have to be informed on cardiovascular risk factors, and patient education must be encouraged and developed via the healthcare network...
- Metabolic syndrome is associated with markers of subclinical atherosclerosis in a French population-based sampleN Ahluwalia
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Atherosclerosis 186:345-53. 2006..MetS was strongly associated with subclinical atherosclerosis and aortic stiffness, and can be used as a surrogate marker for high CVD risk, deserving aggressive treatment...
- Blood microbiota dysbiosis is associated with the onset of cardiovascular events in a large general population: the D.E.S.I.R. studyJacques Amar
INSERM U1048, Institute of Research on Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 8:e54461. 2013..We recently described a human blood microbiome and a connection between this microbiome and the onset of diabetes. The aim of the current study was to assess the association between blood microbiota and incident cardiovascular disease...
- C-reactive protein elevation predicts pulse pressure reduction in hypertensive subjectsJacques Amar
Department of Internal Medicine and Hypertension, CHU Purpan, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Hypertension 46:151-5. 2005..This effect is significantly associated with a more effective PP reduction in patients with baseline CRP >3 mg/L...
- Cardiovascular risk factors, atherosclerosis and pulse pressureJacques Amar
Service de Médecine Interne et d Hypertension artérielle, CHU Toulouse, France
Adv Cardiol 44:212-22. 2007..Furthermore, with respect to the connections observed between C-reactive protein, most cardiovascular risk factors, atherosclerotic diseases and pulse pressure, subclinical inflammation might also underlie these relations...
- Hypertension in high-risk patients: beware of the underuse of effective combination therapy (results of the PRATIK study)Jacques Amar
Service de Médecine Interne et d Hypertension artérielle, CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Hypertens 20:779-84. 2002..To determine whether blood pressure control in a general practice setting is influenced by the presence of additional risk factors, and to analyse the role of antihypertensive therapy in this relationship...
- [Hypertension management in patients with stable coronary disease]J Amar
Service de Médecine Interne et d Hypertension artérielle, CHU Purpan, 31059 Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 95:657-60. 2002..To assess hypertension control in patients with stable coronary disease in France...
- Hypertension control at hospital discharge after acute coronary event: influence on cardiovascular prognosis--the PREVENIR studyJ Amar
Service de Médecine et d Hypertension Artérielle, CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
Heart 88:587-91. 2002..To assess hypertension control in patients admitted to hospital for an acute coronary event and to investigate the influence on prognosis of controlling hypertension before hospital discharge...
- Why is hypertension so frequently uncontrolled in secondary prevention?Jacques Amar
Médecine et Hypertension Artérielle, CHU Toulouse, France
J Hypertens 21:1199-205. 2003..To analyze blood pressure (BP) control in secondary prevention...
- Interleukin 6 is associated with subclinical atherosclerosis: a link with soluble intercellular adhesion molecule 1Jacques Amar
Service de Médecine Interne et d Hypertension artérielle, CHU Toulouse, IFR 126, France
J Hypertens 24:1083-8. 2006....
- Comparison of hypertension management after stroke and myocardial infarction: results from ECLAT1--a French nationwide studyJacques Amar
Service de Médicine Interne et Hypertension Artérielle, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Stroke 35:1579-83. 2004..The aim of this study was to analyze hypertension management in secondary prevention of stroke as compared with patients in secondary prevention of myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Persistence of combination of evidence-based medical therapy in patients with acute coronary syndromesJacques Amar
INSERM U 558, Hopital Rangueil, CHU de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 101:301-6. 2008..To analyse long-term adherence persistence of evidence-based medical therapy in 'real-world' patients with coronary disease...
- Arterial stiffness and cardiovascular risk factors in a population-based studyJ Amar
Service de Médecine Interne et d Hypertension artérielle, CHU Purpan Toulouse, France
J Hypertens 19:381-7. 2001..To determine the relationships between pulse wave velocity (PWV), an estimate of arterial distensibility and cardiovascular risk factors...
- [Treatment of arterial hypertension in the diabetic]J Amar
Service de Médecine Interne et d Hypertension artérielle, CHU Purpan, Toulouse
Presse Med 29:749-55. 2000....
- Involvement of tissue bacteria in the onset of diabetes in humans: evidence for a conceptJ Amar
INSERM U1027, University Paul Sabatier, CHU, Hopital Rangueil, Avenue Jean Pouhles, Toulouse, France
Diabetologia 54:3055-61. 2011..To test this hypothesis, we studied the capacity of a broadly specific bacterial marker (16S rDNA) to predict the onset of diabetes and obesity in a general population...
- Arteries, inflammation and insulin resistanceJacques Amar
Department of Internal Medicine and Arterial Hypertension, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Hypertens Suppl 24:S18-20. 2006..Inflammation therefore appears to be a common factor of atherosclerosis and the metabolic syndrome. The factors triggering this inflammation have yet to be determined. One line of thought would appear to point to diet...
- [Guidelines on hypertension management]J Amar
Pôle cardiovasculaire et métabolique, Hopital Rangueil, CHU, 31000 Toulouse, France
Rev Med Suisse 6:1700-2, 1704-8. 2010....
- Intestinal mucosal adherence and translocation of commensal bacteria at the early onset of type 2 diabetes: molecular mechanisms and probiotic treatmentJacques Amar
Rangueil Hospital, Department of Therapeutics, Toulouse, France
EMBO Mol Med 3:559-72. 2011....
- [Aldosterone precursors and hypertension with hypokalemia and adrenal module non caused by primary hyperaldosteronism]B Chamontin
, CHU Purpan, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:1055-8. 1996..table: see text] The study suggests the relevance of aldosterone precursors assays in low renin hypertension non due to aldosterone and in incidentally discovered adrenal masses...
- [Blood pressure control after acute coronary events. Results of the PREVENIR study]J Amar
, CHU Purpan, 31059 Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:859-61. 2001..Achieving normal blood pressure throughout the hospitalisation should improve long term blood pressure control, reduce pulse pressure and improve the prognosis in this high risk population...
- Pulse wave velocity, pulse pressure and number of carotid or femoral plaques improve prediction of cardiovascular death in a population at low riskE Berard
Department of Epidemiology, Health Economics and Public Health, UMR 1027 INSERM Université de Toulouse, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Hum Hypertens 27:529-34. 2013..78 (95% CI: 0.63-0.93); IDI=2.21% (P-value<0.001); NRI=21%). Vascular markers are independent determinants of cardiovascular mortality in apparently healthy subjects and improve risk prediction. ..
- [Ambulatory blood pressure, intima media thickness, global cardiovascular risk and therapeutic decisions]J Amar
, Pavillon Turiaf, CHU Purpan, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:985-8. 1998..In this study the global cardiovascular risks are not related to therapeutic decisions. Therapeutic strategies are influenced by ABP level and by the vascular remodeling which depends partly on the global cardiovascular risk...
- Evaluation of oral health related to body mass indexC Benguigui
UMR1027, INSERM, Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Oral Dis 18:748-55. 2012..We aimed at exploring the link between BMI and several oral health markers, after adjustment for dietary patterns and plasma insulin, both of which could act as mediators...
- [Influence of absolute risk and sex on the treatment of arterial hypertension in Haute-Garonne]J Amar
, CHU Purpan, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:945-8. 1999..In women, treated patients have a risk close to the level observed in untreated hypertensives...
- [Arterial hypertension management in general practice in France according to global risk factors]J Amar
, CHU Purpan, 31059 Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:843-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: In general practice, 85% of hypertensives at highest risk are uncontrolled whereas half of them are under monotherapy. An antihypertensive strategy based on global risk may improve BP control in high risk patients...
- Causes of secondary hypertension in the young population: A monocentric studyC Noilhan
Hypertension Department, Cardiovascular and metabolic center, Rangueil University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 65:159-64. 2016..To study the prevalence of different causes of hypertension in young adults referred to a hypertension center in the south west of France...
- [Intima media thickness of the carotid artery in white coat and ambulatory hypertension]J Amar
, CHU, Purpan, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1075-8. 1997..05). In our hypertensive population. ABP appears more closely related to IMT than OBP and IMT in sustained is greater than in white coat hypertensive...
- [Arterial blood pressure changes, circadian rhythm and arterial elasticity in hemodialysed patients]J Amar
, CHU Purpan, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:921-4. 1994..9 p < 0.05). Our study shows that arterial distensibility links BPV and N/D. It is suggested that an arterial distensibility impairment could enhance BPV and modify nycthemeral BP pattern...
- 9B.07: EFFECT OF POSTURAL CHANGES ON ALDOSTERONE TO PLASMA RENIN RATIO IN PATIENTS WITH SUSPECTED SECONDARY HYPERTENSIONM Barigou
Service de Medecine Interne et Hypertension Arterielle, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Hypertens 33:e121-2. 2015..Figure is included in full-text article.)..
- CO-36: Causes of secondary hypertension in young patients refered to a departement of hypertensionC Noilhan
Service de Médecine Interne et HTA PCVM CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 64:S17. 2015..L'HTA est jugée essentielle dans 46 % des cas (n=37)...
- [Ambulatory measurement of blood pressure and plasma catecholamines in the study of orthostatic hypotension]B Chamontin
, CHU Purpan, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1087-91. 1994..59, p < 0.05). delta SBP 1 min and 10 min, delta DBP 1 min (p = 0.02, p = 0.05, p = 0.01) and systolic and diastolic N/D (p = 0.02; p < 0.01) were significantly different in G1 and G2.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Influence of glucose metabolism on nycthemeral blood pressure variability in hypertensives with an elevated waist-hip ratio. A link with arterial distensibilityJ Amar
, CHU Purpan, Toulouse, France
Am J Hypertens 8:426-8. 1995..Our data indicate that the nycthemeral BP pattern was different according to the metabolic status. The loss of nocturnal decline in BP is associated with carbohydrate disturbances and reduced arterial stiffness...
- Prognostic value of nocturnal blood pressure and reverse-dipping status on the occurrence of cardiovascular events in hypertensive diabetic patientsB Bouhanick
Service de médecine interne et HTA, CHU de Rangueil, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse cedex 09, France
Diabetes Metab 34:560-7. 2008..To assess whether reverse-dipping status is associated with cardiovascular (CV) events such as CV death, myocardial infarction (MI) or stroke in diabetic patients with hypertension...
- Metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and periodontitis: a cross-sectional study in a middle-aged French populationCatherine Benguigui
INSERM U558, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Clin Periodontol 37:601-8. 2010..We examined the relationships between metabolic syndrome, its various components, insulin resistance, and periodontitis...
- Intestinal microflora and metabolic diseasesM Serino
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Toulouse, France
Diabetes Metab 35:262-72. 2009..What now remains is to demonstrate the molecular connection between the intestinal microflora and metabolic diseases. We propose here that the proinflammatory lipopolysaccharides play a causal role in the onset of metabolic disorders...
- [Conceptual basis and diagnosis of primary hyperaldosteronism]M Salvador
, CHU Purpan, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:261-6. 1995..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Soluble CD14 and aortic stiffness in a population-based studyJacques Amar
Service de Médecine Interne et d Hypertension artérielle, CHU Toulouse, INSERM 558, Toulouse, France
J Hypertens 21:1869-77. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate, in humans, the relationship of sCD14 with aortic stiffness and to analyse the influence of arterial structure and endothelial function on this relationship...
- Patients with resistant hypertensionJacques Amar
Service de Médecine Interne et d Hypertension artérielle, INSERM 558, Toulouse, France
J Hypertens Suppl 25:S3-6. 2007..The early correction of such vascular anomalies is vital for medium and long-term blood pressure control...
- P1-10: Renin-aldosterone axis deficiency without frank hyperkalemia following unilateral adrenalectomy for primary aldosteronism (PA) : about 4 casesM Vallet
Explorations Physiologiques Rénales CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 64:S26. 2015..We describe here 4 male patients who, despite subnormal kalemia, developed a failure of the renin-aldosterone (RA) axis, resulting in a decrease in extracellular fluid volume (ECFV) following surgery..
- CO-22: Out of hospital medication reconciliation of patient with hypertension: analysis of the out put prescriptionF Boye
Pôle pharmacie, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 64:S11. 2015..Dans 10 % des cas (n = 5), des discordances apparaissent sans analyse possible des raisons éventuelles, en l'absence de discussion avec le prescripteur...
- The gut microbiota ecology: a new opportunity for the treatment of metabolic diseases?Remy Burcelin
Rangueil Institute of Molecular Medicine, I2MR, U858 INSERM, IFR31, Toulouse, France
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 14:5107-17. 2009..Therefore, strategies aimed at controlling the ecological mutualism between intestinal microflora and the host should lead to a new era of therapeutic and health benefits...
- Effect of postural changes on aldosterone to plasma renin ratio in patients with suspected secondary hypertensionM Barigou
Pôle cardiovasculaire et métabolique, Service de Medecine Interne et Hypertension Arterielle, Hopital Rangueil, 1, avenue du Professeur Jean Poulhes, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France Electronic address
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 64:169-74. 2015....
- Metabolic endotoxemia initiates obesity and insulin resistancePatrice D Cani
Institute of Molecular Medicine, I2MR Toulouse, France
Diabetes 56:1761-72. 2007..We conclude that the LPS/CD14 system sets the tone of insulin sensitivity and the onset of diabetes and obesity. Lowering plasma LPS concentration could be a potent strategy for the control of metabolic diseases...
- Aortic stiffness does not mediate the relation between pulse pressure and CRPJacques Amar
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:e173; author reply e173. 2004
- Baseline and target blood pressure for the prevention of recurrent strokeJacques Amar
J Hypertens 24:2473. 2006
- A polymorphism in the endothelin-A receptor gene is linked to baroreflex sensitivityOlivier Ormezzano
Service de Cardiologie et hypertension artérielle, Grenoble, France
J Hypertens 23:2019-26. 2005..The baroreflex plays an essential role in regulating the cardiovascular system. However, very few studies have focused on the links between genetic polymorphisms and baroreflex sensitivity (BRS)...
- Central insulin regulates heart rate and arterial blood flow: an endothelial nitric oxide synthase-dependent mechanism altered during diabetesCendrine Cabou
INSERM U858, Institute of Molecular Medicine, IFR31, CHU Rangueil, BP 84225, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Diabetes 56:2872-7. 2007..Its role in the central nervous system remains to be determined. We studied the effects of central insulin infusion on femoral arterial blood flow and heart rate in normal chow-fed, high-fat diet-fed diabetic, and eNOS-null mice...