M C Alessi
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1, transforming growth factor-beta1, and BMI are closely associated in human adipose tissue during morbid obesityM C Alessi
Laboratoire d Hématologie Faculté de Médecine Timone, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Timone, Marseille, France
Diabetes 49:1374-80. 2000..This increased PAI-1 expression could be the result of tissue cytokine disturbances, such as elevated TGF-beta1 expression...
- Hypofibrinolysis and increased PAI-1 are linked to atherothrombosis via insulin resistance and obesityI Juhan-Vague
Laboratory of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Ann Med 32:78-84. 2000..The role of PAI-1 in the development of adipose tissue metabolism is important to consider as PAI-1 -/- mice submitted to a high-fat diet showed changes in cell composition of adipose tissue and in plasma insulin and triglyceride levels...
- Fat cell function and fibrinolysisM C Alessi
Laboratory of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Horm Metab Res 32:504-8. 2000..Moreover alteration of adipose tissue cellular composition induced by the modulation of PAI-1 expression opens a novel field of interest...
- Hypofibrinolysis in the insulin resistance syndrome: implication in cardiovascular diseasesA Mavri
Laboratory of Hematology, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
J Intern Med 255:448-56. 2004..Modifying PAI-1 expression by PAI-1 inhibitors may open a new field of research and may reveal the true role of PAI-1 in atherosclerotic and insulin resistance processes...
- Association of plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 (SERPINE1) SNPs with myocardial infarction, plasma PAI-1, and metabolic parameters: the HIFMECH studyP E Morange
INSERM, U626, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2250-7. 2007....
- Thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor antigen levels and cardiovascular risk factorsI Juhan-Vague
Laboratory of Hematology, Centre de Détection et de Prévention de l Athérosclérose, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:2156-61. 2000..Because of the large interindividual variability of TAFI levels in plasma, genetic control may be involved...
- Relations between hemostatic variables, insulin resistance and inflammationPierre E Morange
Hematology Laboratory CHU Timone Insern U626, Faculty of Medicine, Marseille, France
Hematol J 5:S15-9. 2004
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, inflammation, obesity, insulin resistance and vascular riskI Juhan-Vague
Laboratory of Hematology, CHU Timone, Inserm EPI 99 36, Marseille, France
J Thromb Haemost 1:1575-9. 2003..Furthermore, modifying PAI-1 expression by PAI-1 inhibitors provides a new challenge and may reveal the true role of PAI-1 in atherosclerotic and insulin resistance processes...
- Progression of atherosclerosis in ApoE-deficient mice that express distinct molecular forms of TNF-alphaM Canault
INSERM, U626, Marseille, F 13385, France
J Pathol 214:574-83. 2008..TNF-dependent progression of atherosclerosis is probably linked to the differential production of pro-inflammatory mediators whether tmTNF is preponderant or essentially cleaved...
- Ectopic fat storage in the pancreas using 1H-MRS: importance of diabetic status and modulation with bariatric surgery-induced weight lossB Gaborit
1 Department of Endocrinology, Metabolic Diseases and Nutrition, CHU Nord, Marseille, France 2 Inserm U1062, Inra U1260, Faculte de Medecine, Marseille, France 3 Aix Marseille Université, Marseille, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 39:480-7. 2015..The aim of this study was to determine factors associated with pancreatic triglyceride content (PTGC), and to investigate the impact of bariatric surgery on ectopic fat pads, pancreatic fat (PTGC) and hepatic fat (HTGC)...
- High post-treatment platelet reactivity identified low-responders to dual antiplatelet therapy at increased risk of recurrent cardiovascular events after stenting for acute coronary syndromeT Cuisset
Department of Cardiology, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
J Thromb Haemost 4:542-9. 2006..Low response to antiplatelet therapy may be a risk factor for the development of ischemic complications in patients with non-ST segment elevation acute coronary syndrome (NSTE ACS) undergoing coronary stenting...
- Biological and genetic factors influencing plasma factor VIII levels in a healthy family population: results from the Stanislas cohortP E Morange
Hematology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, INSERM U626, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Br J Haematol 128:91-9. 2005..The D2080N polymorphism of the LRP gene weakly contributed to the variability of FVIII:C levels in this healthy population...
- Chronic plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) overexpression dampens CD25+ lymphocyte recruitment after lipopolysaccharide endotoxemia in mouse lungM Poggi
Faculte de Medecine, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
J Thromb Haemost 5:2467-75. 2007..Beside fibrin deposits, increased tissue PAI-1 expression may contribute to the poor outcome of endotoxemia through other mechanisms...
- α1 -antitrypsin Pittsburgh and plasmin-mediated proteolysisA Henneuse
Laboratoire hématologie, CHU Timone, Inserm UMR_S 1062, Inra UMR_1260, Aix Marseille Universite, Marseille, France
J Thromb Haemost 14:2023-2026. 2016..We showed that α1-AT Pittsburgh inhibits tissue plasminogen activator and plasmin. The antifibrinolytic potential of the variant contributes to explaining the mild bleeding phenotype...
- Prognostic value of plasma tissue factor and tissue factor pathway inhibitor for cardiovascular death in patients with coronary artery disease: the AtheroGene studyP E Morange
INSERM, U626, Marseille, and Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
J Thromb Haemost 5:475-82. 2007..Tissue factor (TF) and its specific inhibitor, tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), are important contributors to the initiation of the coagulation process...
- Antibodies to phosphatidylethanolamine as the only antiphospholipid antibodies found in patients with unexplained thrombosesM Sanmarco
Fédération Autoimmunité Thrombose, Laboratoire d Immunologie, H pital de la Conception, CHU, Marseille, France
Thromb Haemost 85:800-5. 2001..Thus, aPE investigation appears to be of interest in UT and their persistent presence could define a biological variant of APS...
- Genetic risk factors for venous thrombosis in women using combined oral contraceptives: update of the PILGRIM studyP Suchoń
Aix Marseille Univ, INSERM, INRA, NORT, Marseille, France
Clin Genet . 2016..00 (2.49-6.47; p < 10-4 ). The consideration of this genetic risk factor could help to better assess the risk of VT in COC users...
- Weak and non-independent association between plasma TAFI antigen levels and the insulin resistance syndromeH Aubert
Laboratoire d Hematologie, INSERM EPI99 36, CHU Timone and Center d Investigation Clinique de Marseille AP HM, INSERM, Marseille, France
J Thromb Haemost 1:791-7. 2003..Increased plasma TAFI antigen levels in obesity might reflect a specific pathway of regulation at the liver level...
- In vivo assessment of murine elastase-induced abdominal aortic aneurysm with high resolution magnetic resonance imagingM A Bartoli
Aix Marseille Universite, CNRS, CRMBM UMR, Marseille, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 44:475-81. 2012..This MRI study at 11.75 T aimed at evaluating the reliability of longitudinal in vivo aortic diameter and wall thickness measurements in this particular model...
- Assessment of epicardial fat volume and myocardial triglyceride content in severely obese subjects: relationship to metabolic profile, cardiac function and visceral fatB Gaborit
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolic Diseases and Nutrition, CHU Nord, Marseille, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:422-30. 2012..To assess epicardial fat volume (EFV), myocardial TG content (MTGC) and metabolic profile in severely obese patients, and to determine whether ectopic fat depots are linked to metabolic disorders or myocardial function...