- Geographical representativeness of published and ongoing randomized controlled trials. The example of: Tobacco consumption and HIV infectionNizar Ahmad
INSERM, U738, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e16878. 2011..This study aimed to compare where research is conducted to where research is needed for 2 public health priorities: tobacco consumption and HIV infection...
- Applicability and generalisability of the results of systematic reviews to public health practice and policy: a systematic reviewNizar Ahmad
Centre d Epidemiologie Clinique, Hopital Hotel Dieu, AP HP Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris 75181, France
Trials 11:20. 2010..e., whether the results of a trial can be reasonably applied or generalized to a definable group of patients in a particular setting in routine practice, also called external validity or generalisability)...
- Reporting of safety results in published reports of randomized controlled trialsIsabelle Pitrou
Département d Epidémiologie, Biostatistique, et Recherche Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard AP HP, Universite Denis Diderot, INSERM U738, Paris, France
Arch Intern Med 169:1756-61. 2009..Poor safety reporting can lead to misinterpretation and inadequate conclusions about the interventions assessed. Our aim was to describe the reporting of harm-related results from randomized controlled trials (RCTs)...
- Comparison of treatment effect estimates from prospective nonrandomized studies with propensity score analysis and randomized controlled trials of surgical proceduresGuillaume Lonjon
Unité INSERM U738 Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Lariboisiere, Service d orthopédie et traumatologie Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Centre d Epidémiologie Clinique Université Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité French Cochrane Centre, Paris, France and Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, NY
Ann Surg 259:18-25. 2014..We aimed to compare treatment effect estimates from NRSs with PS analysis and RCTs of surgery...
- Neglected external validity in reports of randomized trials: the example of hip and knee osteoarthritisNizar Ahmad
INSERM U738, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 61:361-9. 2009..To evaluate data reporting related to external validity from randomized controlled trials (RCTs) assessing pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatment for hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA)...