Affiliation: VTT Biotechnology
- Capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection for studying amino acid uptake by yeast during beer fermentationHeidi Turkia
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, PO Box 1000, FIN 02044 VTT, Espoo, Finland Lappeenranta University of Technology, PO Box 20, FIN 53580 Lappeenranta, Finland Electronic address
Talanta 131:366-71. 2015..4% and 18.9% for peak areas. The quantification limit was even as low as 62.5 pM which equals to below attomole level detection. The method was applied to study the rate of amino acid utilization during beer fermentation...
- Capillary electrophoresis for the monitoring of phenolic compounds in bioprocessesHeidi Turkia
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, PO Box 1000, FIN 02044 VTT, Finland
J Chromatogr A 1278:175-80. 2013....
- Capillary electrophoresis for the monitoring of carboxylic acid production by Gluconobacter oxydansHeidi Turkia
VTT Biotechnology, P O Box 1000, FIN 02044 VTT, Espoo, Finland
J Chromatogr A 1217:1537-42. 2010..The results demonstrated that wheat straw hydrolyzate was a suitable substrate for G. oxydans with a product yield of 45% for the formation of xylonic acid from xylose and 96% for the formation of gluconic acid from glucose...
- Online capillary electrophoresis for monitoring carboxylic acid production by yeast during bioreactor cultivationsHeidi Turkia
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, P O Box 1000, FIN 02044 VTT Espoo, Finland
Anal Chem 85:9705-12. 2013..The successful test runs demonstrated that this system has potential for the monitoring of biotechnological processes. ..
- Glycolic acid production in the engineered yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Kluyveromyces lactisOuti M Koivistoinen
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Tietotie 2, Espoo FI 02044, P, O, Box 1000, VTT, Finland
Microb Cell Fact 12:82. 2013..Currently, glycolic acid is produced in a chemical process using fossil resources and toxic chemicals. Biotechnological production of glycolic acid using renewable resources is a desirable alternative...