Affiliation: University of Turku
- The Schizophrenia Suicide Risk Scale (SSRS): development and initial validationT Taiminen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku Central Hospital, Rak 9, III krs, TKS, Kunnallissairaalantie 20, FIN 20700 Turku, Finland
Schizophr Res 47:199-213. 2001..The aims of the present study were to: (1) develop a clinically useful semi-structured scale for the estimation of short-term suicide risk among schizophrenic patients, and (2) to carry out an initial validation of the scale...
- Habituation of the blink reflex in first-episode schizophrenia, psychotic depression and non-psychotic depressionT Taiminen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Kunnallissairaalantie 20, FIN 20700, Turku, Finland
Schizophr Res 44:69-79. 2000....
- Intense and recurrent déjà vu experiences related to amantadine and phenylpropanolamine in a healthy maleT Taiminen
Department of Psychiatry, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
J Clin Neurosci 8:460-2. 2001..The authors suggest that déjà vu experiences may be provoked by increased dopamine activity in mesial temporal structures of the brain...
- Comparison of clinical and best-estimate research DSM-IV diagnoses in a Finnish sample of first-admission psychosis and severe affective disorderT Taiminen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Rakennus 9, III kerros, Kunnallissairaalantie 20, FI-20700 Turku, Finland
Nord J Psychiatry 55:107-11. 2001..In conclusion, hospital diagnoses were not reliable in first-episode patients. Inappropriate diagnoses may compromise both treatment and epidemiologic findings based on discharge diagnoses...
- Psychodynamic personality profile in first-episode severe mental disordersJ Heikkila
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Acta Psychiatr Scand 109:187-93. 2004..The aim of this study was to relate measures of psychoanalytically derived personality traits to descriptive diagnosis and psychopathology in severe mental disorders...
- Structural magnetic resonance imaging in patients with first-episode schizophrenia, psychotic and severe non-psychotic depression and healthy controls. Results of the schizophrenia and affective psychoses (SAP) projectR K R Salokangas
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Turku University Central Hospital and Turku Psychiatric Clinic, Finland
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 43:s58-65. 2002..Structural brain abnormalities are prevalent in patients with schizophrenia and affective disorders...
- High levels of dopamine activity in the basal ganglia of cigarette smokersR K Salokangas
Department of Psychiatry, Turku University Central Hospital, Finland
Am J Psychiatry 157:632-4. 2000..The authors' goal was to study presynaptic dopamine activity in smoking and nonsmoking human subjects in vivo...
- APOE-epsilon4 predicts dementia but not other psychiatric disorders after traumatic brain injuryS Koponen
Department of Psychiatry, Turku University Hospital, PL 52, FIN 20521 Turku, Finland
Neurology 63:749-50. 2004..Dementia and subclinical dementia were significantly more common with the presence of APOE-epsilon4. The occurrence of other psychiatric disorders did not differ between patients with and without APOE-epsilon4 allele...
- Long-term use of benzodiazepines: Definitions, prevalence and usage patterns - a systematic review of register-based studiesT A T Kurko
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Turku University Central Hospital and Turku Psychiatry, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8 Building 11B, 20521 Turku, Finland Clinical Pharmacy Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Helsinki, Viikinkaari 5, 00014 Helsinki, Finland Electronic address
Eur Psychiatry 30:1037-47. 2015..Synthesis of these characteristics is essential to derive a meaningful definition of long-term BZD...