Affiliation: University of Turku
- Cancer families with children: factors associated with family functioning--a comparative study in FinlandF Schmitt
Child Psychiatry Clinic, Turku University Hospital, Finland
Psychooncology 17:363-72. 2008..The objective is to examine the factors associated with family functioning in families with children where a parent has cancer in comparison to families without cancer...
- Children of parents with cancer: a collaborative project between a child psychiatry clinic and an adult oncology clinicFlorence Schmitt
Turku University Hospital, Child Clinic of Turku University Hospital, Finland
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 12:421-36. 2007..The preparation, implementation, and results of this project are described. Positive results, as well as mistakes and failures are discussed, and recommendations are made regarding this kind of collaboration...
- Does attachment theory offer new resources to the treatment of schizoaffective patients?Florence Schmitt
Turku University Hospital, Child Psychiatry Clinic, Finland
Am J Psychother 62:35-49. 2008..This paper could contribute to opening the discussion about the relationship between schizoaffective disorder and Attachment Theory...
- Multinational study of cancer patients and their children: factors associated with family functioningFlorence Schmitt
Child Psychiatry Clinic, University Hospital of Turku, PO Box 51 FI 20521, Turku, Finland
J Clin Oncol 26:5877-83. 2008..This study examined factors associated with family functioning in cancer patients' families with dependent children...
- Motherhood and early interaction in a schizoaffective patient: the story of a long-term psychotherapyFlorence Schmitt
Child Psychiatry Clinic, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Finland
Am J Psychother 64:73-89. 2010..However, the commitment over years of the same psychotherapist also seems one of the most powerful tools...