Affiliation: University of Kuopio
- Delirium episode as a sign of undetected dementia among community dwelling elderly subjects: a 2 year follow up studyT Rahkonen
Brain Research and Rehabilitation Center Neuron, Kuopio, Finland
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 69:519-21. 2000..One case of alcoholic dementia and one case of a non-alcoholic hepatic encephalopathia were also found. A delirium episode is often the first sign of dementia requiring attention from medical and social professionals...
- Delirium in elderly people without severe predisposing disorders: etiology and 1-year prognosis after dischargeT Rahkonen
Brain Research and Rehabilitation Center of Finland, Neuron, Kuopio
Int Psychogeriatr 12:473-81. 2000....
- Delirium in the non-demented oldest old in the general population: risk factors and prognosisT Rahkonen
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Public Health and General Practice, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:415-21. 2001..The aim of this population-based follow-up study was to investigate the risk factors for delirium requiring medical attention and subsequent prognosis in the non-demented general population aged > or = 85 years...
- Systematic intervention for supporting community care of elderly people after a delirium episodeT Rahkonen
Brain Research and Rehabilitation Center, Neuron, Kuopio, Finland
Int Psychogeriatr 13:37-49. 2001..To investigate the effects of a systematic intervention with a case manager concept and rehabilitation periods compared to standard aftercare in elderly community-dwelling patients discharged from the hospital after a delirium episode...
- Dementia with Lewy bodies according to the consensus criteria in a general population aged 75 years or olderT Rahkonen
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Public Health and General Practice, University of Kuopio, Finland
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:720-4. 2003..To estimate the prevalence of dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) according to the consensus criteria in a general population aged 75 years or older...
- Emotional reactions and life changes of caregivers of demented patients when home caregiving endsU Eloniemi-Sulkava
University of Kuopio, Department of Public Health and General Practice, Kuopio, Finland
Aging Ment Health 6:343-9. 2002..After the end of caregiving, spouse caregivers tended to experience more negative life changes. The increased number of leisure activities was associated with the support during community care...