Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Sleep-related fatal vehicle accidents: characteristics of decisions made by multidisciplinary investigation teamsIgor Radun
Department of Psychology, Traffic Research Unit, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Sleep 27:224-7. 2004..To analyze factors that explain the attribution of crash causes as sleep-related by accident investigators...
- Night work, fatigued driving and traffic law: the case of police officersIgor Radun
Human Factors and Safety Behavior Group, Institute of Behavioral Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Ind Health 49:389-92. 2011..We argue that many shift workers, including police officers, break the law, especially when driving home after a night shift...
- Convicted of fatigued driving: who, why and how?Igor Radun
Human Factors and Safety Behavior Group, Department of Psychology, PO Box 9, 00014, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Accid Anal Prev 41:869-75. 2009....
- Fell asleep and caused a fatal head-on crash? A case study of multidisciplinary in-depth analysis vs. the courtIgor Radun
Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Traffic Inj Prev 10:76-83. 2009..The aim was to explore and compare the discussions held and conclusions reached by multidisciplinary accident-investigation teams and Finnish courts...
- Seasonal variation of falling asleep while driving: An examination of fatal road accidentsIgor Radun
Traffic Research Unit, Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Chronobiol Int 23:1053-64. 2006..Preliminary results of this study were presented at the 17th Congress of the European Sleep Research Society, Prague 2004...
- Females do not have more injury road accidents on Friday the 13thIgor Radun
Traffic Research Unit, Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, PO Box 9, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
BMC Public Health 4:54. 2004..If such an effect would be caused by impaired psychic and psychomotor functioning due to more frequent anxiety among women, it should also appear in injury crashes...
- Alcohol ignition interlocks in all new vehicles: a broader perspectiveIgor Radun
a Human Factors and Safety Behavior Group, Institute of Behavioral Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Traffic Inj Prev 15:335-42. 2014..To discuss the implications of widespread implementation of alcohol ignition interlocks...
- Fatal road accidents among Finnish military conscripts: fatigue-impaired drivingIgor Radun
Department of Psychology, Siltavuorenpenger 20D, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Mil Med 172:1204-10. 2007..1%), whereas drunk driving (22.7%) and suspected suicides (18.2%) were typical of accidents occurring on leave...
- Risky driving and recorded driving offences: A 24-year follow-up studyHeikki Summala
Traffic Research Unit, Institute of Behavioural Sciences, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland Electronic address
Accid Anal Prev 73:27-33. 2014..However, in this on-road sample, the effect seems to be moderated by occupation which also presumably explains the lower mortality among the offenders during this 24-year follow-up. ..
- Breath analyser market is set to grow: a road safety perspectiveIgor Radun
Eur J Public Health 17:537. 2007