Johanna A Miettinen
Affiliation: University of Oulu
- The effect of bone marrow microenvironment on the functional properties of the therapeutic bone marrow-derived cells in patients with acute myocardial infarctionJohanna A Miettinen
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu FIN 90014, Finland
J Transl Med 10:66. 2012..The arterial, venous and bone marrow blood gas concentrations were also compared...
- Determinants of functional recovery after myocardial infarction of patients treated with bone marrow-derived stem cells after thrombolytic therapyJohanna A Miettinen
University of Oulu, Department of Internal Medicine P O Box 5000 Kajaanintie 50, FIN 90014 University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Heart 96:362-7. 2010....
- Effects of intracoronary injection of autologous bone marrow-derived stem cells on natriuretic peptides and inflammatory markers in patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarctionJohanna A Miettinen
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Kajaanintie 50, Oulu, Finland
Clin Res Cardiol 100:317-25. 2011..We studied the influence of intracoronary injections of BMC on levels of natriuretic peptides and inflammatory mediators, which are well established prognostic biomarkers, in patients with STEMI...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha promotes the expression of immunosuppressive proteins and enhances the cell growth in a human bone marrow-derived stem cell cultureJohanna A Miettinen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Exp Cell Res 317:791-801. 2011..These results strongly support reactive and immunosuppressive activation of MSCs during TNF-α exposure, which might influence MSC differentiation stage and capacity...
- Exercise capacity is associated with endothelin-1 release during emotional excitement in coronary artery disease patientsMikko P Tulppo
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland Department of Exercise and Medical Physiology, Verve Research, Verve, Oulu, Finland and Department of Applied Sciences, London South Bank University, London, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 307:H391-6. 2014..033) and LVEF (β = -0.30; partial correlation r = -0.33; P = 0.023). Exercise capacity may protect against further cardiovascular events in CAD patients, because it is associated with reduced ET-1 release during emotional excitement. ..
- Physiological responses to emotional excitement in healthy subjects and patients with coronary artery diseaseOlli Pekka Piira
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Auton Neurosci 177:280-5. 2013..Emotional excitement causes more marked increases of markers of vasoconstriction and acute inflammation and withdrawal of cardiac vagal regulation in patients with CAD...
- Usefulness of Highly Sensitive Troponin as a Predictor of Short-Term Outcome in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus and Stable Coronary Artery Disease (from the ARTEMIS Study)E Samuli Lepojärvi
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Chemistry, Medical Research Center Oulu, Oulu University Hospital, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 117:515-21. 2016..21). In conclusion, hs-TnT is a strong predictor of cardiac death or hospitalization for heart failure independently from traditional risk markers or other biomarkers in diabetic patients with stable CAD. ..
- Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cell Transplantation Restores Inflammatory Balance of Cytokines after ST Segment Elevation Myocardial InfarctionKirsi Alestalo
Surgery Clinic, Medical Research Center, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
PLoS ONE 10:e0145094. 2015..Here, we studied in detail the acute effect of bone marrow mononuclear cell (BMMNC) transplantation on proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines in patients with ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- Leisure time emotional excitement increases endothelin-1 and interleukin-6 in cardiac patientsOlli Pekka Piira
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Scand Cardiovasc J 46:7-15. 2012..Emotional excitement causes concomitant increases in markers reflecting vulnerability to atherosclerotic plaque complications while physical exercise causes more prominent changes in markers of coagulation...