Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Helsinki
- Deregulation of COMMD1 is associated with poor prognosis in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaMinna Taskinen
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland Genome Scale Biology Program, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 9:e91031. 2014..Despite improved survival for the patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), the prognosis after relapse is poor. The aim was to identify molecular events that contribute to relapse and treatment resistance in DLBCL...
- Complex functions of AP-1 transcription factors in differentiation and survival of PC12 cellsS Leppa
Haartman Institute, Department of Pathology, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Biol 21:4369-78. 2001..Hence, the protective role of c-Jun appears to be mediated by an unconventional mechanism that is separable from its function as a classical AP-1 transcription factor...
- Differential induction of Hsp70-encoding genes in human hematopoietic cellsS Leppa
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 180, Helsinki FIN 00029 HUCH, Finland
J Biol Chem 276:31713-9. 2001..2 and hsp70B' mRNA expression in all cell lines. Taken together, our results demonstrate that distinct Hsp70-encoding genes contribute to the heat shock response in a cell type-dependent manner...
- Heat shock factor 2 is activated during mouse heart developmentM Eriksson
Haartman Institute, Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Int J Dev Biol 44:471-7. 2000..Taken together, our results indicate that HSF2 activation is associated with specific stages of heart formation but is not involved in the regulation of inducible heat shock gene expression...
- Local tissue damage in cows after intramuscular administration of preparations containing phenylbutazone, flunixin, ketoprofen and metamizoleS Pyörälä
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Acta Vet Scand 40:145-50. 1999..Physiological saline had no effect on serum creatine kinase. For preparations containing phenylbutazone and flunixin, intravenous administration is recommended...
- E6/E7 oncogenes increase and tumor suppressors decrease the proportion of self-renewing neural progenitor cellsK Piltti
Developmental Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Helsinki, and HUCH Laboratory Diagnostics, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Oncogene 25:4880-9. 2006..These findings provide one explanation how oncogenes and tumour suppressors control tissue homeostasis and highlight their importance in stem cell self- renewal, linked both to cancer and life-long tissue turnover...