- Prostate cancer mortality in the Finnish randomized screening trialTuomas P Kilpeläinen
Department of Urology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:719-25. 2013..We evaluated mortality results in the Finnish Prostate Cancer Screening Trial, the largest component of ERSPC. The primary endpoint was PC-specific mortality...
- False-positive screening results in the European randomized study of screening for prostate cancerTuomas P Kilpeläinen
Dept of Urology, Tampere University Hospital and University of Tampere, Finland
Eur J Cancer 47:2698-705. 2011..We describe the frequency of FP results and assess their relation to subsequent screening attendance, test results and prostate cancer risk in a large randomized trial...
- False-positive screening results in the Finnish prostate cancer screening trialT P Kilpeläinen
Department of Urology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Box 2000, Tampere FIN 33521, Finland
Br J Cancer 102:469-74. 2010..We investigated the proportion of FPs in a population-based randomised screening trial in Finland...
- Results of the three rounds of the Finnish Prostate Cancer Screening Trial--the incidence of advanced cancer is decreased by screeningTuomas P Kilpeläinen
Department of Urology, Tampere University Hospital and University of Tampere, FIN 33521 Tampere, Finland
Int J Cancer 127:1699-705. 2010..When compared with the CA, the PC detected in the SA there were substantially more often localized, low-grade PCs due to overdiagnosis...
- The Finnish prostate cancer screening trial: analyses on the screening failuresTuomas P Kilpeläinen
Department of Urology, Helsinki University Hospital, FI 00029, Helsinki, Finland
Int J Cancer 136:2437-43. 2015..04). Non-participating men in the SA had a high risk of PC death and a large impact on PC mortality. A hypothetical lower PSA threshold and elimination of interval cancers would have had a less pronounced effect on the screening impact...