Affiliation: University of Joensuu
- Enhancement of laser-induced fluorescence at 473 nm excitation with subwavelength resonant waveguide gratingsPetri Karvinen
Department of Physics and Mathematics, University of Joensuu, Joensuu, Finland
Opt Express 16:16364-70. 2008..More than 80 times higher laser-induced fluorescence yield was observed from enhanced green fluorescence protein on the structure when compared to same material on a flat surface...
- Strong fluorescence-signal gain with single-excitation-enhancing and emission-directing nanostructured diffraction gratingPetri Karvinen
University of Joensuu, Department of Physics and Mathematics, P O Box 111, FI 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Opt Lett 34:3208-10. 2009..530-fold enhancement of detected signal is achieved compared with the signal from flat surface. Also, changes in polarization and coherence properties of the fluorescent light are found to be remarkable...
- Polarization insensitive resonance-domain blazed binary gratingsHeikki J Hyvärinen
Department of Physics and Mathematics, University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu, Finland
Opt Express 18:13444-50. 2010..5lambda at lambda = 633 nm. The measured efficiency (81% for TE and 85% for TM polarization) agrees well with the calculated value, 84%...
- Polarization conversion in conical diffraction by metallic and dielectric subwavelength gratingsNicolas Passilly
Department of Physics and Mathematics, University of Joensuu, P O Box 111, FIN 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Appl Opt 46:4258-65. 2007..The fabrication aspects and constraints are discussed in detail and the behavior of the gratings over broad wavelength bands is presented...
- Mechanism of the large polarization rotation effect in the all-dielectric artificially chiral nanogratingsBenfeng Bai
Department of Physics and Mathematics, University of Joensuu, P O Box 111, FI 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Opt Express 17:688-96. 2009..The mode profile and local field calculations demonstrate intuitive images of the different coupling performance at resonances...