L J Karhunen
Affiliation: University of Kuopio
- Serum leptin and regional cerebral blood flow during exposure to food in obese and normal-weight womenL J Karhunen
Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Neuroendocrinology 69:154-9. 1999....
- Regional cerebral blood flow during exposure to food in obese binge eating womenL J Karhunen
Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Psychiatry Res 99:29-42. 2000..Left hemisphere and its frontal and pre-frontal regions could thus play a role in binge eating behavior in humans...
- Effect of orlistat treatment on body composition and resting energy expenditure during a two-year weight-reduction programme in obese FinnsL Karhunen
Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:1567-72. 2000..To examine the effect of orlistat (Xenical) treatment on body composition and resting energy expenditure (REE) during a 2 y weight-reduction programme in obese Finns...
- [Brain imaging in eating disorders and obesity reseach]Leila Karhunen
Kuopion yliopisto, kliinisen ravitsemustieteen laitos, PL 1627, 70211 Kuopio
Duodecim 119:859-65. 2003
- Effect of protein, fat, carbohydrate and fibre on gastrointestinal peptide release in humansL J Karhunen
Food and Health Research Centre, Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio, Finland
Regul Pept 149:70-8. 2008..In this review, the current knowledge about the effects of different macronutrients and fibre on the release of GI satiety-related peptides in humans is discussed...
- Semisolid meal enriched in oat bran decreases plasma glucose and insulin levels, but does not change gastrointestinal peptide responses or short-term appetite in healthy subjectsK R Juvonen
Food and Health Research Centre, Department of Clinical Nutrition, Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:748-56. 2011....
- The effect of orlistat on the fatty acid composition of serum lipid fractions in obese subjectsH M Vidgren
Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 66:315-22. 1999....
- Serotonin transporter binding and acquired obesity -- an imaging study of monozygotic twin pairsAnu K Koskela
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, HUSLAB Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Physiol Behav 93:724-32. 2008..Our finding suggests an association between acquired obesity and the 5-HT system, particularly in women. However, this association was seen only in twin data, where genetic effects and many shared environmental factors are eliminated...