J O Honkanen
Affiliation: University of Joensuu
- Toxicokinetics of waterborne bisphenol A in landlocked salmon (Salmo salar m. sebago) eggs at various temperaturesJ O Honkanen
Department of Biology, University of Joensuu, Finland
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:2296-302. 2001..Depuration was significant only in the embryos at 2 and 6 degrees C. As the accumulation and the depuration results show, the elimination of bisphenol A was evidently more significant at lower temperatures...
- Bisphenol A induces yolk-sac oedema and other adverse effects in landlocked salmon (Salmo salar m. sebago) yolk-sac fryJani O Honkanen
Department of Biology, Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology and Ecotoxicology, University of Joensuu, P O Box 111, Joensuu FIN 80101, Finland
Chemosphere 55:187-96. 2004..This study shows that high concentrations of bisphenol A may have both morphological and histological effects on salmon yolk-sac fry...
- Toxicity of a phytosterol mixture to grayling (Thymallus thymallus) during early developmental stagesJ O Honkanen
Department of Biology, Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology and Ecotoxicology, University of Joensuu, 111, FIN 80101, Joensuu, Finland
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 48:391-6. 2005..In conclusion, ultrasitosterol showed potential to affect the development of grayling embryos and fry, but further long-term exposure experiments are needed to verify these changes in more detail...
- Environmental temperature changes uptake rate and bioconcentration factors of bisphenol a in tadpoles of Rana temporariaJani O Honkanen
Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology and Ecotoxicology, Department of Biology, University of Joensuu, P O Box 111, FI 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:2804-8. 2006..The observed difference in BCFs also could be a result of temperature-induced changes in allometric relationships (increased surface area to volume ratio) and/or more effective elimination in more developed tadpoles at high temperature...
- Trophic transfer of pyrene metabolites and nonextractable fraction from Oligochaete (Lumbriculus variegatus) to juvenile brown trout (Salmo trutta)V Carrasco Navarro
Department of Biology, University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu Campus, FI 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Chemosphere 88:55-61. 2012....
- Humic substances modify accumulation but not biotransformation of pyrene in salmon yolk-sac fryJ O Honkanen
Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology and Ecotoxicology, Faculty of Biosciences, University of Joensuu, Finland
Aquat Toxicol 86:239-48. 2008..Further, this could indicate that early life stage toxicity of many CYP1A inducing compounds is related to accumulation of phase II conjugates in fry tissues...
- Bioconcentration, biotransformation and elimination of pyrene in the arctic crustacean Gammarus setosus (Amphipoda) at two temperaturesV Carrasco-Navarro
Department of Biology, University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu Campus, P O Box 111, FI 80101, Finland Department of Biology, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio Campus, P O Box 1627, Kuopio, Finland Electronic address
Mar Environ Res 110:101-9. 2015..In particular, the study provides valuable insight into the bioaccumulation and biotransformation of an important PAH and its metabolites in a species that serves as both a predator and prey in the arctic ecosystem. ..