Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Alpha-actinin 4 and BAT1 interaction with the cytochrome c promoter upon skeletal muscle differentiationSteffi Goffart
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Koln, Germany
Curr Genet 49:125-35. 2006..In conclusion, the analyzed sequence motif may be a new candidate for common regulatory elements specific for nuclear encoded mitochondrial genes, and alpha-actinin 4 may be involved in their regulation...
- Developmental and pathological changes in the human cardiac muscle mitochondrial DNA organization, replication and copy numberJaakko L O Pohjoismäki
Department of Forensic Medicine, Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
PLoS ONE 5:e10426. 2010..Additionally, we show that Twinkle might have a direct role in the maintenance of four-way junctions in human heart mtDNA...
- CREB-1alpha is recruited to and mediates upregulation of the cytochrome c promoter during enhanced mitochondrial biogenesis accompanying skeletal muscle differentiationAndras Franko
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Koln, Robert Koch Strasse 39, 50931 Koln, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 28:2446-59. 2008....
- Regulation of mitochondrial proliferation in the heart: power-plant failure contributes to cardiac failure in hypertrophySteffi Goffart
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, University of Koln, Robert Koch Str 39, 50931 Koln, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 64:198-207. 2004....
- Transient overexpression of mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM) is sufficient to stimulate mitochondrial DNA transcription, but not sufficient to increase mtDNA copy number in cultured cellsKatharina Maniura-Weber
Institute of Vegetative Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Koln, Robert Koch Strasse 39, D 50931 Köln, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 32:6015-27. 2004..Thus, this protein meets all criteria for being a key factor regulating mitochondrial transcription in vivo, but other factors are necessary for increasing mtDNA copy number, at least in cultured cells...