Affiliation: University of Turku
- Characterization of Diaphanous-related formin FMNL2 in human tissuesMaria Gardberg
Department of Pathology, University of Turku and Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
BMC Cell Biol 11:55. 2010..In spite of this, very little is known of the tissue distribution and cellular location of any mammalian formin. Here we have carried out a comprehensive analysis of the formin family member formin -like 2 (FMNL2) in human tissues...
- Characterization of Leukocyte Formin FMNL1 Expression in Human TissuesMaria Gardberg
Department of Pathology, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland MG, VDH, OC Medical Biotechnology, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, and Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland KI Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology, Science for Life Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden CK Science for Life Laboratory and Albanova University Center Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden MU
J Histochem Cytochem 62:460-470. 2014..Our results indicate that FMNL1 expression is not restricted to hematopoietic tissues and that neoexpression of FMNL1 can be seen in epithelial cancer...
- FHOD1, a formin upregulated in epithelial-mesenchymal transition, participates in cancer cell migration and invasionMaria Gardberg
Department of Pathology, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
PLoS ONE 8:e74923. 2013..Our results indicate that FHOD1 participates in cytoskeletal changes in EMT. In addition, we show that FHOD1 upregulation occurs during cancer cell EMT in vivo, which indicates that FHOD1 may contribute to tumour progression. ..
- Serum levels of GFAP and EGFR in primary and recurrent high-grade gliomas: correlation to tumor volume, molecular markers, and progression-free survivalAida Kiviniemi
Department of Radiology, Turku University Hospital, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, 20521, Turku, Finland
J Neurooncol 124:237-45. 2015..Our results suggest that circulating EGFR is not derived from glioma cells and cannot be used as a marker for EGFR status in the tumor. ..
- Comparison of Somatostatin Receptor 2-Targeting PET Tracers in the Detection of Mouse Atherosclerotic PlaquesPetteri Rinne
Turku PET Centre, Turku University Hospital and University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, FI 20520, Turku, Finland
Mol Imaging Biol 18:99-108. 2016..We aimed to investigate whether somatostatin receptor-targeting positron emission tomography (PET) tracers, [(68)Ga]DOTANOC, [(18)F]FDR-NOC, and [(68)Ga]DOTATATE, can detect inflamed atherosclerotic plaques...
- Midbrain-to-pons ratio in autopsy-confirmed progressive supranuclear palsy: replication in an independent cohortValtteri Kaasinen
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, Turku University Hospital and University of Turku, POB 52, 20521, Turku, Finland
Neurol Sci 36:1251-3. 2015..8 %. The results of this second autopsy-confirmed sample confirm that midbrain-to-brain ratios constitute reliable and clinically useful estimates of diagnostic midbrain atrophy in relation to PSP pathology...
- Feasibility of experimental BT4C glioma models for somatostatin receptor 2-targeted therapiesAida Kiviniemi
Turku PET Centre, Turku University Hospital and University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Acta Oncol 53:1125-34. 2014..The purpose of this study was to evaluate sstr2 status in experimental BT4C malignant gliomas...
- Brain ¹⁸F-FDG and ¹¹C-PiB PET findings in two siblings with FTD/ALS associated with the C9ORF72 repeat expansionMika H Martikainen
a Department of Neurology, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Neurocase 20:150-7. 2014..His sister was diagnosed with FTD, and the C9ORF72 expansion was detected in both siblings. We conclude that ¹¹C-PiB PET imaging may help the early differential diagnosis between AD and FTD, including C9FTD/ALS...