Genomes and Genes
Carita M Eklund
Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Proinflammatory cytokines in CRP baseline regulationCarita M Eklund
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere, Medical School, 33520 Tampere, Finland
Adv Clin Chem 48:111-36. 2009....
- C-reactive protein haplotype is associated with high PSA as a marker of metastatic prostate cancer but not with overall cancer riskC M Eklund
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere, Biokatu 6, Tampere 33520, Finland
Br J Cancer 100:1846-51. 2009..CRP alleles previously found to protect against increased CRP levels are now suggested to be associated with metastatic PC, indicated by elevated PSA...
- C-reactive protein genetics is associated with carotid artery compliance in men in The Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns StudyC Eklund
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere Medical School, 33014 University of Tampere, Finland
Atherosclerosis 196:841-8. 2008..Men carrying the SNP -286 allele C had increased CAC after adjusting for risk factors. These data suggest that the presence of high producer CRP genotype is deleterious to carotid elasticity in men...
- Polymorphism of the C-reactive protein gene is associated with mortality in bacteraemiaCarita Eklund
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere Medical School, Finland
Scand J Infect Dis 38:1069-73. 2006..These results suggest that mortality from Streptococcus pneumoniae may be associated with polymorphism of the promoter region of the CRP gene...
- Association of the IL6-174(G/C) polymorphism with C-reactive protein concentration after weight loss in obese menCarita Eklund
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere Medical School, FI 33014 Tampere, Finland
Eur Cytokine Netw 17:131-5. 2006....
- Epistatic effect of C-reactive protein (CRP) single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) +1059 and interleukin-1B SNP +3954 on CRP concentration in healthy male blood donorsC Eklund
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere Medical School, FIN 33014, Tampere, Finland
Int J Immunogenet 32:229-32. 2005..These polymorphisms might be predictive markers of persons prone to cardiovascular diseases...
- Interleukin 1B gene polymorphism is associated with baseline C-reactive protein levels in healthy individualsCarita Eklund
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Eur Cytokine Netw 14:168-71. 2003..72 mg/l), and composite genotype analysis of IL1B-511/IL1B + 3954 supported this finding. Our findings suggest that in healthy people, basal CRP levels are regulated by IL1B but not by IL6 genetics...
- Apolipoprotein E genotype is related to plasma levels of C-reactive protein and lipids and to longevity in nonagenariansRiikka Rontu
Laboratory of Atherosclerosis Genetics, Tampere University Hospital, Centre for Laboratory Medicine and Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Tampere, Medical School, Finland
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 64:265-70. 2006..The aim of the present study was to establish whether APOE genotype is related to plasma concentrations of CRP and lipids, or longevity among nonagenarians...
- Epistatic effect of TLR4 and IL4 genes on the risk of asthma in femalesKati Adjers
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 138:251-6. 2005..We examined whether the polymorphisms of the TLR4 (A/G at +896) and IL4 (C/T at -590) showed an epistatic effect on the risk of asthma or atopy...
- Mendelian randomization suggests no causal association between C-reactive protein and carotid intima-media thickness in the young Finns studyMika Kivimaki
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:978-9. 2007
- Variants in the CRP gene as a measure of lifelong differences in average C-reactive protein levels: the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study, 1980-2001Mika Kivimaki
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Faculty of Biomedical Sciences, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Am J Epidemiol 166:760-4. 2007..These findings support the assumption that the above genetic variants define groups with long-term differences in circulating CRP levels...
- Relationship between leptin and C-reactive protein in young Finnish adultsLiisa A Viikari
Centre of Applied and Preventive Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Turku, 20521 Turku, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4753-8. 2007..Leptin and C-reactive protein (CRP) concentrations are increased in inflammation, and both have been linked to increased risk for cardiovascular diseases...
- Germline mutations in FH predispose to dominantly inherited uterine fibroids, skin leiomyomata and papillary renal cell cancerIan P M Tomlinson
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Nat Genet 30:406-10. 2002..Our results provide clues to the pathogenesis of fibroids and emphasize the importance of mutations of housekeeping and mitochondrial proteins in the pathogenesis of common types of tumor...