Affiliation: University of Oulu
- TIA1 and mast cell tryptase in food allergy of children: increase of intraepithelial lymphocytes expressing TIA1 associates with allergyM Augustin
Department of Pathology, University of Oulu, Finland
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 32:11-8. 2001..In the current study, the significance of TIA1 in FA in older children of mainly preschool and school age was analyzed and the findings correlated the with a detailed clinical, endoscopic, and histopathologic analysis...
- Evidence for increased apoptosis of duodenal intraepithelial lymphocytes in cow's milk sensitive enteropathyMerja T Augustin
Department of Pathology, University of Oulu, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 40:352-8. 2005..A lesser increment in intraepithelial lymphocytes associated with normal villous structure is also characteristic of cow's milk sensitive enteropathy (CMSE), but no information is available about the apoptosis rate of this condition...
- Serum granzymes and CD30 are increased in children's milk protein sensitive enteropathy and celiac diseaseMerja T Augustin
Department of Pathology, Oulu University, Finland
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:157-62. 2005..Cow's milk protein sensitive enteropathy (CMSE) and celiac disease (CD) associate with upregulation of local intestinal immune responses, including activation of cytotoxic lymphocytes...
- Increase of duodenal and ileal mucosal cytotoxic lymphocytes in juvenile idiopathic arthritisM Arvonen
Department of Paediatrics, University of Oulu and Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:128-34. 2010..To further characterise intestinal immune activation in these children, we have quantitated cytotoxic lymphocytes in intestinal mucosa...
- Duodenal cytotoxic lymphocytes in cow's milk protein sensitive enteropathy and coeliac diseaseMerja T Augustin
Department of Pathology, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:1398-406. 2005..To evaluate cytotoxicity in CMSE we analysed the expression of cytotoxic granule components in duodenal IELs. For comparison, we studied subjects with coeliac disease (CD), in which lymphocyte cytotoxicity is pathogenically important...